+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: PvP servers - ganking low levels

Soulwalker

Default PvP servers - ganking low levels

Hi,

Please block high level characters from entering lower level maps and killing players there. Im up for open pvp but that is silly getting one hit from high levels. This place should be only allow pvp on same level bracket. Get all ready few times kill by lvl 40+ at 20 lvl zone that guys flow even to respawn point to kill you few more times. Probably they to dump and not skilled enough to play at own bracket so chose easy pray.

Solution is simple :

Force pvp flag off if you entering lower bracket zone, players still can do quests, achievements etc if they need but that will end this ridiculous and frustrating situation.

Cheers

Rift Disciple

Or the lowbies can transfer to a PVE server for levelling and back for PVP once they reach 60.

Soulwalker

PvP happened on PvP server. Trion plz fix.
    Last edited by Nephaerius; 12-30-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephaerius View Post
    PvP happened on PvP server. Trion plz fix.
    такие зверства. делает это не хочется, чтобы начать из них с обрыва? черт сук.
    # yolomageswag

Soulwalker

Default rly?

How can you say is PvP when 60 lvl player one shot any lowbie ? And follow him to re-spawn to kill few more times. PvP would be if he go to hes level map and try luck there.

If that would be restricted to bracket, I think more people who start or return to game would chose pvp server as fights get equal, now is weird at least.

Be kill by team, or lost 1vs1 is fine is pvp about but allow high lvl characters enter low zones and do "pvp" is stupid.

Im PvP player and just start Rift but is not first MMO, did chose PvP server as is option to have good fight any where on world but that way is organized here bring one question:

- wtf?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Khrum View Post
    How can you say is PvP when 60 lvl player one shot any lowbie ? And follow him to re-spawn to kill few more times. PvP would be if he go to hes level map and try luck there.

If that would be restricted to bracket, I think more people who start or return to game would chose pvp server as fights get equal, now is weird at least.

Be kill by team, or lost 1vs1 is fine is pvp about but allow high lvl characters enter low zones and do "pvp" is stupid.

Im PvP player and just start Rift but is not first MMO, did chose PvP server as is option to have good fight any where on world but that way is organized here bring one question:

- wtf?
    I can only speak for myself but my experience in Rift is not one of level 60's camping lowbies in lower level zone. Most of the time the higher level is there completing some quest, buying something from a vendor, doing a zone event, etc. I have a bigger problem being on my higher level character minding my own business in the lower zone when some lowbie comes by and starts tickling me with damage and I have to in turn waste my time killing them.

Corpse camping is extremely rare in my experience (even at launch it wasn't too bad) and there's plenty of ways to avoid this stuff. Ex: Getting corpse camped, do a WF, come back dude has gotten bored and left. Or maybe you could get some friends to kill the person or help you out? Sorry my earlier post was just a joke but you agreed to play on a pvp server so this is a non-issue.

Open world pvp is almost never fair in the first place whether I'm level 60 or an even leveled Sin that gets the jump on you you're dead and likely didn't have a chance either way.
    Last edited by Nephaerius; 12-30-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Soulwalker

Lvl 47 atm first character. I've been ganked quite a bit and love it. Not having a fighting chance in hell, having to run back to corpse, or rare getting camped can be frustrating but that offset by multiple ways. 1st is keeping you on your toes always moving. Never knowing when it will happen. Using terrain wisely vs fighting mobs in the open or on main streets. Or if your stalking and forget to check their lvl before engaging. Not to mention if your even 5 lvls higher then other players you should win overall that is. Its not a one shot kill but might as well be classified as such. I'm sure when I'm 60 ill be in SL content always outside of artifact hunting. If I see someone no matter how low level its killing time. Free gold. Payback for all those times I've been ganked. You take away this you take away the whole atmosphere.

Against lvl 60 your just going to have to suck it up. Its pretty rare. I can play for hours and not get ganked. Stay off main roads, away from porticiums, party with 1 other person, save some quests when its less busy, call a 60 guildie to kill a few times.There's alot you can do. I'm sure you've killed players like 7 levels below you. Are you going to ask for a nerf even though you were a lock to win? Of course not. Like I said insta gibbed vs 5 seconds to kill is same exact result.

Soulwalker

I do understand as players visit lower zones for artifact hunts, skins or whatever want to do there, so my suggestion was to allow but force them out from pvp flag so cant attack players or get attacked. World in Rift is huge enough to make that restrictions.

Is happen to me twice so far get stomp and one hit by some idiot who is there for that purpose to gank lowbies nothing else. Do not wondering much around on PvE zones as like Warfronts more for leveling and gear too but time to time I'm running in enemy zones but on my bracket, not being *** and hunt players who cant shoot back.

I'm not QQ at all, and I think pvp on pvp server would only benefit from this. Me and probably many other players would like keep some low lvl alt just for low tier pvp purpose.

Soulwalker

I do understand as players visit lower zones for artifact hunts, skins or whatever want to do there, so my suggestion was to allow but force them out from pvp flag so cant attack players or get attacked. World in Rift is huge enough to make that restrictions.

Is happen to me twice so far get stomp and one hit by some idiot who is there for that purpose to gank lowbies nothing else. Do not wondering much around on PvE zones as like Warfronts more for leveling and gear too but time to time I'm running in enemy zones but on my bracket, not being *** and hunt players who cant shoot back.

I'm not QQ at all, and I think pvp on pvp server would only benefit from this. Me and probably many other players would like keep some low lvl alt just for low tier pvp purpose.
    The problem with your idea though is that higher level players then have no option to fight each other if they encounter one another in the lower level zone and for most people that's why they rolled on a pvp server in the first place. Also the world is really not that big. That's one of the biggest historical complaints about the game.
    Last edited by Nephaerius; 12-30-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Soulwalker

perhaps duels?

Prophet of Telara

Rift has the most brain dead community in a MMO I have ever seen. This is prob the only game where people can't read. I never seen such a babied and sheltered community, Like people never ever played video games before and only played rift. Rift population was that small and low during sub based storm legion when everyone left.

Even in World of Warcraft people are smarter. Maybe Trion should do what Blizzard used to do when people clicked on pvp servers, have big red letters saying players can kill you in contested zones.

That's why we can't have anything nice in the pvp community Trion gives into these morons on the forums who complain about pvp and use them as a excuse and daglar can go say " the community is not asking for pvp content so we only make hardcore raid content.

I remember days when people wanted to roll on pvp servers for the fun of being ganked and calling higher levels to protect them then those low lvls call their high lvls and its a fun world pvp situation.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Soulwalker

I get your point

So maybe instead force high lvl player pvp flag off as they enter zone, remove pvp from hes enemy if is not same lvl bracket like 20-29, 30-39 etc ... so still can get fights with same lvl players even if they meet in lower zone.

Ways to restrict is many even buff which make you immune, with just simple message: "cannot attack that target" whatever but would be good if fights get fair not like that.

Prophet of Telara

I get your point

So maybe instead force high lvl player pvp flag off as they enter zone, remove pvp from hes enemy if is not same lvl bracket like 20-29, 30-39 etc ... so still can get fights with same lvl players even if they meet in lower zone.

Ways to restrict is many even buff which make you immune, with just simple message: "cannot attack that target" whatever but would be good if fights get fair not like that.
    maybe just suck it up or transfer to a pve server and transfer back when your level 60.

Hell you don't even need to xfer, you can ask for anchors to other servers these days. You should not even be crying about something so dumb that Trion gives your 100% tools to avoid being ganked.

Don't ask to ruin other peoples fun. Seastone is already dead. let the folk who like playing on it alone. Honestly go to a pve server. Pvp servers are not suppose to be safe........I have alts on seastone and I get very fun low lvl fights 1v1 in open world. Boo hoo high levels com along and kill you, boo hoo, it's not a issue, the only issue is the community. Go anchor to a pve server.

Open world is open world, their aint no brackets bro, go to a pve server and play warfronts if that's your thing.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-30-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Even at level 60 you get screwed with ! Doing pvp dailes I have just accepted some newb rogue is gonna pop on me when I have 6-8 mobs on me . I do miss tarren mill battles that lasted for hours though that was fun pvp

People still play on seastone??
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast