+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Healers random queue

Soulwalker

Default Healers random queue

I know there are more of this threads, but i can't miss out.
    Why in 10 warfront at row we dont have a single heal?
    why queue randomiser is so stupid to bring balanced heal players to both sides??
    why pvp is so one sided?
    the team got the most of heal always wins with a big cap.
    pvp got to crap after this. u can't win w'out heal.
    Please fix randomiser to bring adequate numbers of heal players to both sides of warfront.

Ascendant

If they change the queue system so that it won't pop until you have heals there will be negative consequences and you will still experience total beat-downs.

- Increased queue times will be infuriating.
    - clerics have a habit of running warden, which is basically the same as having no healer.
    - you may end up with three chloros which are inferior to clerics heals in PvP by a large margin.

but most importantly: you will have people with no idea of how to heal in PvP queuing as healers to get shorter queue times.
    The difference between a skilled PvP healer and an unskilled PvP healer is so large that you will still suffer a beat-down of the same magnitude that caused you to create this thread. The only difference will be the length of time that it took for you to join a disaster of a match.

Have you ever been in a PvE dungeon with a totally incompetent healer that has prevented the team from being able to clear trash before the boss? The experience will be similar, but with the possibility that the enemy healers are very skilled. This = an absolute thrashing.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 12-30-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    If they change the queue system so that it won't pop until you have heals there will be negative consequences and you will still experience total beat-downs.

- Increased queue times will be infuriating.
    - clerics have a habit of running warden, which is basically the same as having no healer.
    - you may end up with three chloros which are inferior to clerics heals in PvP by a large margin.

but most importantly: you will have people with no idea of how to heal in PvP queuing as healers to get shorter queue times.
    The difference between a skilled PvP healer and an unskilled PvP healer is so large that you will still suffer a beat-down of the same magnitude that caused you to create this thread. The only difference will be the length of time that it took for you to join a disaster of a match.

Have you ever been in a PvE dungeon with a totally incompetent healer that has prevented the team from being able to clear trash before the boss? The experience will be similar, but with the possibility that the enemy healers are very skilled. This = an absolute thrashing.
    this ^. the amount of wannabe healers that cannot comprehend burst heals and mitigation are the name of the game, rather then "LOLDERPAEHEALS". its hilarious how many wardens there are queuing for the normal sized wf's.

@OP if you cant handle the lack of heal clerics, roll one and carry the team -_-

Ascendant

The answer is really simple: It's because Trion listen mostly to to PvE lovers who care only about boring aoe heals which are weak in real pvp and very boring to use, so players prefer playing other roles.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Soulwalker

2Tookmyjob:
    I know that queue system will create more problems
    I think the programmers of the game can make the randomiser go smarter, and finds the healers depends on build (main soul) not the role. I dont thinks this gonna be a great problem
    And im telling not for the skill of healers (you never take the skilled party in random warfront), but for their presence.
    4example: Warfront on black garden w'out heal can't be succeeded. You just can't defend the fang.
    Why one side takes 2 or 3 healers, and opposite gets 1 or nothing ?
    Last edited by chilavert; 12-30-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Soulwalker

just remove heals from wfs and all go dps . I think this will solve premade issue a bit and maybe will have a good match now and than sometimes. Its hard to kill a p90 and pocket healing backing it up makes it impossible for a freelancer like me But the truth is i have grown a think skin for pvp and i dont rage over it anymore. I just do pvp to get my prestige to hit p90 oneday with the best gears and pls neft the cq decay as its hard for me to maintain cq power on all my four lvl60s

people always get mad at me when i defile because i have a dps icon

Bards and Chloros are both excellent in pvp. If you lack either of those and you don't switch, you're part of the problem.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

I gotta agree with the OP here, or rather, with the general sentiment of what he's expressing. It's not so bad when both sides lack healers, but when your side has 0 cleric healers and the other side has 1 or more, there's often very little you can do unless your DPS is excellent. And how often is the DPS excellent?

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    No, the issue is that this game is balanced around cleric heals, but the matchmaking is not.
    ^ in other words, this.

It's the reason I almost never play my mage any more, have barely played my rogue, and haven't bothered to level my warrior past 15. My experience generally goes something like this...

>Golly, it sure would be nice to play dom for a change!
    >Forced to chloro 9 out of 10 WFs because no healer in sight
    >Consider how much more effective I would be if I were healing on a cleric instead of a mage
    >Log off and play Path of Exile instead.

I don't think it's gonna be fixed until 3.0 when every class will have a healing soul. There's still gonna be tons of really bad healers around, but at least you'll never run into a situation where you're the only person on the team who can even spec into a healing soul at all.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stirby View Post
    I gotta agree with the OP here, or rather, with the general sentiment of what he's expressing. It's not so bad when both sides lack healers, but when your side has 0 cleric healers and the other side has 1 or more, there's often very little you can do unless your DPS is excellent. And how often is the DPS excellent?
    Theres nothing wrong with chloro heals as long as they are on other people. As soon as they realise you are a chloro and start pressuring you you are screwed because once your few instant heals are on CD you have nothing. Cant kite because you cant cast on the move, cant cast because you cant stand still without getting killed.

Chloro's need a way to self heal on the move or some other way to increase survivability, I still think we should have a toggle or a buff to make Natural healing instant cast with lower heal amount but the devs seem more concerned with anything other than pvp atm.

p.s. nerf defiler

I think the problem is the lack of good healers. I was in a WF yesterday on my cleric. I usually run sent but noticed that there were 3 cleric heals and 2 chloros. So hey, I switch to defiler.

Match starts, everyone runs to center. BOOM. My whole team died except for the healers I was saving.

So... what where the healers doing when the whole team got evaporated? They sure weren't healing!

Heals are over-rated, I healed/lost 2 - 3 WF's in a row, blowing out everyone in healing done and keeping up dorks who can't DPS. Finally won the 4th game because half-way through I went DPS and mashed the other teams face, then we won. This is why I don't heal. People are just as bad at DPS that that role needs to be equally and importantly filled. And if it comes down to either or, I'm going to cover the DPS because it's a job I trust I can get done.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-30-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Default this is why

no1 protects the healers, when i go to WF i heal everyone else but no1 protects me so i die ususally right off cause when the other team sees a cleric they will gang **** the cleric every time then camp for him/her when back on board

Quote Originally Posted by Lordethsoth View Post
    no1 protects the healers, when i go to WF i heal everyone else but no1 protects me so i die ususally right off cause when the other team sees a cleric they will gang **** the cleric every time then camp for him/her when back on board
    I dont know why so many healers cry for protection..sure..if you are attacked by a pockethealed warrior i am going to jump right on him and parse for the next 5 minutes..no problem

a healer should nearly be able to protect himself..and if you get focussed by 3-4 dps..then one heal isnt enough anyway... but if i play dom f.e. i do protect heals
    Last edited by Nynja; 12-30-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Shield of Telara

Problem is that while you are busy healing yourself up against the 2 to 3 dps trying to smash your face the rest of your team dies.

Your teams dps is of course busy trying to kill that 50k life warrior that gets tossed the occasional heal from the 2 clerics + bard they have, so dont expect any help from these guys.

In general random warfront dpsers are not worthy of even the smallest heal tossed their way, its a total waste and just makes you angry how anyone can be this braindead and why its always you that gets chosen to heal those monkeys when the other team seems to be a well oiled military machine of destruction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast