+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caldern

Thread: A note on the Mercenary system

Shadowlander

Default A note on the Mercenary system

First of all, I love the idea of a mercenary system especially alongside cross-server PvP queues as it makes for round the clock carnage .

However I feel the system is badly flawed and could easily be improved with a few tweaks:

1) When somebody is merced for a match, add a flag to that player to put them to the BOTTOM of the merc-choice pool on the next queue so it's not always the same players.

2) If somebody gets merced x times in a row, offer them a bribe to switch factions. This could be at say 20 times merced in a row you are offered a free faction change scroll and a bonus to prestige/favour gain for a week.

At the moment, I log in and get merced constantly and it just annoys me, I didn't roll Guardian, I rolled Defiant. I don't mind playing the occasional merced game but every single game isn't fair when I see the same names/faces on Defiant side never being merced.

RIFT is in a good position to grab a larger portion of the PvP market with WAR finally shut down and it's just a small tweak here and there to make the Warfronts a REALLY good prospect - possibly even an eSport.

PS: I'd also put an in-between 5man queue as unranked for people to test builds and teams and have the ranked ones on a monthly rotation for extra boosts, points or loot. GW2 made a lot of mistakes with their ranked sPvP (warfront-like matches) that you could learn from and avoid.

Ascendant

Almost went a day without one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Almost went a day without one of these.
    Almost... almost...
    I almost wish the merc system actually still existed so these posts would actually still be relevant. Too bad they got rid of it a while ago, and its just red vs blue now.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Shadowlander

My character is defiant and I honestly cannot remember the last time I played on my faction's side. not that it matters or anything
    Last edited by Valenroth; 12-27-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: gay

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valenroth View Post
    My character is defiant and I honestly cannot remember the last time I played on my faction's side. not that it matters or anything
    Yeah I really only check so I know which side of the warfront score to look at.

Or when I zone in late and I'm all "yeah we're winning....****, **** you mutha****ing blue"

Shadowlander

i never know when i am winning or losing anymore tbh. i don't pay attention until the game is going to end and then i do exactly what you said

Default A note on the Democratic system

First of all, I love the idea of a democratic system especially alongside cross party Senate bills as it makes for round the clock debate .

However I feel the system is badly flawed and could easily be improved with a few tweaks:

1) When somebody is elected for a term, add a flag to that politician to put them to the BOTTOM of the voting form on the next election so it's not always the same politicians.

2) If somebody gets elected x times in a row, offer them a bribe to switch parties. This could be at say 2 times elected in a row you are offered a free party change scroll and a bonus to pork barrelling/graft gain for a week.

At the moment, I'm nominated and get elected constantly and it just annoys me, I didn't roll Republican, I rolled Democratic. I don't mind rigging the occasional election game but every single game isn't fair when I see the same names/faces on Democratic side never being elected.

The Democratic Party is in a good position to grab a larger portion of the voter market with the government finally shut down and it's just a small tweak here and there to make the elections a REALLY good prospect - possibly even representative.

PS: I'd also put an in-between independent appointment as unelected for people to test policies and bills and have the elected ones on a monthly rotation for extra kick backs, sinecures or "gifts". The Tea Party made a lot of mistakes with their elected representatives (Congress-like debates) that you could learn from and avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread