+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The new warrior soul shouldn't be a healer, it should be a bubbler.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default The new warrior soul shouldn't be a healer, it should be a bubbler.

    Warriors need their own version of Puri that's based around various damage/healing shields and requires a shield equipped to use their abilities.

    Damage spikes, passive heals, bouncy shields, vortex bombs. Hell just throw the shield on the ground and start surfing around on it like a Magus then call it a day. That would be my ideal warrior soul.

    Also... honey mead.... sweet delicious mead...
    Last edited by Wing man; 12-27-2013 at 12:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Last I heard the warrior heal soul had a borderline broken aoe shield.

  3. #3
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    defiler would have been cool

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Last I heard the warrior heal soul had a borderline broken aoe shield.
    And it has been fixed.

    Really though, they aren't going to redesign the entire soul at this point. Threads like this aren't going to accomplish much aside from annoying people. It is what it is.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 12-27-2013 at 01:28 PM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    And it has been fixed.

    Really though, they aren't going to redesign the entire soul at this point. Threads like this aren't going to accomplish much aside from annoying people. It is what it is.
    Oh I doubt they would, I just found the opening post funny since the ONLY thing I had heard about the soul was that it is/was an amazing group shielder.

    So to me, I immediately imagined the thread being equivalent to someone going "it would be really cool if pyromancers shot fireballs"

  6. #6
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Threads like this aren't going to accomplish much aside from annoying people. It is what it is.
    I suppose you're correct considering I didn't use the terms "nerf", "CQ" "CQ power", "Slip Away", or "Arena" anywhere in this thread. Readers must be so annoyed they're absolutely livid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    I immediately imagined the thread being equivalent to someone going "it would be really cool if pyromancers shot fireballs"
    lol the delicious irony considering pyros didn't really use fireball until the double tap.
    Last edited by Wing man; 12-28-2013 at 05:38 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    RR is just tired of people telling him an aoe raid soul is not what we want since it wont be good in PvP.

    it will be my breaking point if they release this soul and its soul purpose is aoe raid healing with very little use in a 5 man dungeon or pvp. just straight up bs from trion and our testers. no more use talking about it though. we'll see it in a few months im sure.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    it will be my breaking point if they release this soul and its soul purpose is aoe raid healing with very little use in a 5 man dungeon or pvp.
    Sounds like you're worried they'll give warriors DoL and call it a day.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts