+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lower the cost of the Crystal

Default Lower the cost of the Crystal

11,000 infinity stones is too much. So far I have upgraded only one crystal. I have 6200 Infinity stones at present.

It winds up pigeon holing you into a single spec, as you upgrade your equipment, you no longer get the benefit for the old crystal.

The benefit from the top tier crystal is not that great either that it warrants 11,000 infinity stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    11,000 infinity stones is too much. So far I have upgraded only one crystal. I have 6200 Infinity stones at present.

It winds up pigeon holing you into a single spec, as you upgrade your equipment, you no longer get the benefit for the old crystal.

The benefit from the top tier crystal is not that great either that it warrants 11,000 infinity stones.
    I feel your pain. If you jump into zone events you should be able to get them pretty quickly.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Ascendant

It's not that bad, I can knock out ~4k a day hitting my usual dailys, more if I drive by zone events or duo chronicles, or the other dailys I tend to skip

I can do almost 5k stones a day with patron vials, zone events, there's a channel for that too, I can get 20-30k stones a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Yes, chasing IS is easy. I asked and some people helped me with info. That's fine for the crystals, you can get the IS for them quick if you add in some pve. Just do 10 dailys in the 2 zones, not even including the zone events, and you have over 900 IS a day without using Patron vials. Everything you kill gives you auto accept of a pve daily, lol. It's just, well, boring.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Yes, chasing IS is easy. I asked and some people helped me with info. That's fine for the crystals, you can get the IS for them quick if you add in some pve. Just do 10 dailys in the 2 zones, not even including the zone events, and you have over 900 IS a day without using Patron vials. Everything you kill gives you auto accept of a pve daily, lol. It's just, well, boring.
    ...a prostate exam is quick too...

believe it or not, some people do not enjoy doing things they do not enjoy. I know! it surprised me too!
    asking them to do something they do not enjoy over and over and over again...

well...how would you like to have a prostate exam every day?

some people might be into that kind of thing, and if you're the kind of person who enjoys grinding the same thing every day, well, I'm fine with that. I'm not gonna tell you how you should spend your game time. have fun however you want to have fun.

but some other players are unwilling to spend their game time having a daily prostate exam.
    I can do that kinda stuff once...maybe...if the story arc involved is compelling.
    but every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    ...a prostate exam is quick too...

believe it or not, some people do not enjoy doing things they do not enjoy. I know! it surprised me too!
    asking them to do something they do not enjoy over and over and over again...

well...how would you like to have a prostate exam every day?

some people might be into that kind of thing, and if you're the kind of person who enjoys grinding the same thing every day, well, I'm fine with that. I'm not gonna tell you how you should spend your game time. have fun however you want to have fun.

but some other players are unwilling to spend their game time having a daily prostate exam.
    I can do that kinda stuff once...maybe...if the story arc involved is compelling.
    but every day?
    You're just going to get a "then don't do it then" response. Making the infinity stone grind less boring and miserable is simply not an option. Having fun is what you make of the game rather than the actual activity being fun, which is really too bad because I really enjoyed the mayhem events, the only time I did infinity stone grinding since SL launched up.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Did the OP complain about how IS are obtained? I was just pointing out that in that other thread people mentioned how to obtain them the fastest possible. Makes sense to me if the method of obtaining them is personally disliked then faster is better, lol. The other annoyance is the need for FMoC for Freelancer essences, which also need IS, but who doesn't love PvE and isn't that what we do to get IS fast, and isn't CQ just whack a mole that looks like a turret? What are we gonna do about it, lol. My ears and lips already have blisters from all the QQ! Pass the salt, please...
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

IMO an issue is that the bonuses for crystals are not retroactive. 4pc of warlord or higher rank PvP gear should activate warlord crystals. The price is fine though. If you want to do 3 - 4 dailies a day then ya, the pace will be slow. If you set to it and knock out a ton of dailies and pop token pots you will get it in no time. This is coming from someone who has 8 rogue r90 crystals and 4 cleric warlord ones.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

http://events.riftpluz.com/

This is the only thing that made my IS grind bearable.

Though it's true, the IS grind is obscenely stupid, when combined with the Rep grinds, the plat grinds, etc,etc,etc

But remember: Trion just wants you to experience the game how it's meant to be played: PvE
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Mei

If it's so easy and you already have them, why the **** do you care if they change it?

quoting is hard btw
    Last edited by Mei; 12-26-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    If it's so easy and you already have them, why the **** do you care if they change it?

quoting is hard btw
    If too much laziness is tolerated bad things no eyes have ever seen before happens.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If too much laziness is tolerated bad things no eyes have ever seen before happens.
    Laziness, yeah. I think a substitute would be best.
    Maybe 25k favor = 1k stones
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Laziness, yeah. I think a substitute would be best.
    Maybe 25k favor = 1k stones

Ild love trion even if it was 150k for a stone.

For me the fact that I know I need to PvE to be better at PvP, leaves a horrible taste, scale of which you need to pve, being irrelevant.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

I support this cost lowering initiative.

Did you know that the top two Bladedancer crystals give 240 and 250 attack power each time a rhythmic action is used? The buff lasts 24 seconds, and BDs always have at least one rhythmic action off cool down. So basically a permanent 240-50 AP.

Funny that people try to claim gear doesn't matter.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast