+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 61 Warrior Specs in PvP

Default 61 Warrior Specs in PvP

I made a couple of new specs this week that use 61 point builds. I wanted to see what the 61 VK could do in CQ instead of the 44 VK hybrids. The hybrid specs are all equivalent for utility at the 44 point mark so the advantage the 61 yields is in damage. The difference in damage output caught me off guard because even when comparing the 44/28 Tempest, the 61 hits harder. That got me thinking about all 61 specs, so I bought more slots and built more 61s. So far I have tested VK, WL, and Paladin and two of them are outstanding. These are not optimized builds but builds I think make sense as a primarily objectives based player.

61WL/12CH/3TM
    Uses: Front line fighter
    This spec is really fun. It's got 3 leaps, 2 pulls, Snare, Sprint and SP so disconnects are no issue at all. I don't know what spec people are complaining about but even this slap together spec has enough tools and damage to keep me interested. This spec doesn't seem to hit as hard as the 61 Para I was using but the overall fun factor makes me think I am going to be using this as my day to day dps role for Warrior.

61VK/11TM/4WL
    Uses: Pull tank, Troll tank, Survival Spec
    This build replaces the 44/16/16 heavy tank and the 44/28 dps versions. This tank gives up some HP, ~5.5 KHP for me but the way it plays now, I don't miss the HP at all. For starters, rather than having to be forward all the time due to the lack of ranged capabilities, I can work from within my own lines while spamming tab and SP. When I inspect SP, its 3-3.3 K, in PvP its hitting for 1-2.2K regularly, for a tank I think that's pretty good. For comparison, my Myrmidon MM hits for 1.2-2.5 K Swift S. and can't come anywhere near the defense.

61PA/15WL/0TM
    Uses: Fighting other melee, Troll tank
    This build was my least favorite. It lacks utility for CQ and even in a WF it doesn't pack enough punch given the other handicaps it has. I am going to keep the build though and use it as a niche tool for fighting in Dex and KR when Sins are camping flags. It's too dependent on blocks imho, I got very little use from the on-block abilities. In the end, the practicalities of PvP make what on paper looks like a stellar build really perform like a turkey.

I already run 61 Tempest and 61 Paragon, they are straightforward dps and don't need much explanation. 61 Tempest is the easiest class in the game to learn, the Paragon is a bit trickier to work with but solid dps with a short and shallow learning curve. 61 BM doesn't seem to be worth mentioning, I have always had a BM spec and think they have use in PvE but nothing they do stands out imho for PvP. The Reaver and Champ I will be testing through out the next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    61VK/11TM/4WL
    ... When I inspect SP, its 3-3.3 K, in PvP its hitting for 1-2.2K regularly, for a tank I think that's pretty good. For comparison, my Myrmidon MM hits for 1.2-2.5 K Swift S. and can't come anywhere near the defense.
    your myrmidon MM also has 1 sec GCD, as opposed to the VKs 1.5sec GCD, meaning over even a short period of time, it is doing more damage, and VK cant come anywhere near the mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    your myrmidon MM also has 1 sec GCD, as opposed to the VKs 1.5sec GCD, meaning over even a short period of time, it is doing more damage, and VK cant come anywhere near the mobility.
    I won't be replacing my MM with a VK anytime soon, rest assured. The hybrids though, no advantage over the 61 in any iteration, if you want the best of the VK utility.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I disagree on BM not being worth mentioning. Even as a 61 pt, BM has the ability to get the fastest st purge in the game, a pull, an uncleansable sleep and a large amount of buffs.

It's a very good compliment to most teams, though it loses the utility of uncleasable sleep in PuGs due to aoe/non-controlled-fire.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    I disagree on BM not being worth mentioning. Even as a 61 pt, BM has the ability to get the fastest st purge in the game, a pull, an uncleansable sleep and a large amount of buffs.

It's a very good compliment to most teams, though it loses the utility of uncleasable sleep in PuGs due to aoe/non-controlled-fire.
    it brings very little to the table outside of 5 mans. purge is nice but your are squishy and need to be in 20 meter range. buffs are the same as archon which can sub soul into pyro and do some good damage. a bm outside of 5 mans is a wasted slot

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    it brings very little to the table outside of 5 mans. purge is nice but your are squishy and need to be in 20 meter range. buffs are the same as archon which can sub soul into pyro and do some good damage. a bm outside of 5 mans is a wasted slot
    <insert wall of text with factual errors and bad jabs>
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I personally would never run a 61 pt BM, but it's still worth mentioning as it's the only way a warrior can get purges, which are very game changing in the right hands.

Not the greatest, however still worth mentioning.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

I personally would never run a 61 pt BM, but it's still worth mentioning as it's the only way a warrior can get purges, which are very game changing in the right hands.

Not the greatest, however still worth mentioning.
    Spell Sunder and Spell Destruction?
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Shield of Telara

Change that 61 paladin to 51pal/25wl. The ONLY way you can kind of heal as warrior through even moderate burst is by stacking brothers in arms and guard. Still has 50k hp, does better damage, and heals better.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Spell Sunder and Spell Destruction?
    The purges in VK are so inconsequential compared to BM, I often forget they're there.

The purges in VK are so inconsequential compared to BM, I often forget they're there.
    They are some help when pulling healers, probably the best use for VK imho. The CD is not the best though which is probably why you don't think much of them. If I am not being assisted on pulls, its a negligible effect.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    Warrior builders hit harder dont they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Warrior builders hit harder dont they?
    The damage values are balanced around a 1.5s gcd if that's what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    The damage values are balanced around a 1.5s gcd if that's what you mean
    Thats what I mean, the rogue may hit faster, but the 1.5GCD balances out to equal the same thing, as they only build to 3 combo points rather than a rogues 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Thats what I mean, the rogue may hit faster, but the 1.5GCD balances out to equal the same thing, as they only build to 3 combo points rather than a rogues 5.
    he was comparing a rogue dps soul, with a warrior 61 tank soul, and stating that two souls spammables hit for the same amount...

because of the balancing around the GCDs, the warrior tank doesn't hit as hard as the rogue dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast