+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mercenary System is a bad idea.

Soulwalker

Default Mercenary System is a bad idea.

Sure it's still PvP, but what's the point of picking factions? It says it's there to "balance" the games out, but I'm Guardian -- when I find myself on the Defiant side, I see Defiants on the Guardian side?? How does that happen??

I could understand an "occasional" swap, but I play as the wrong faction about 80% of the time... It's not "temporarily" playing for other side, it's 50/50 chance of each faction.

I know It's still PvP, and I enjoy PvP... but it kind of kills the feel of being proud for your faction, and hurts the roleplaying community. We don't need instant Warfront ques, I can wait 30 seconds to play on the correct side. Don't "Casualize" this game so much it falls like WoW did...

And as for Tempests, no comment needed... They're a warrior who doesn't even swing their weapons they hold, only shoot lightning and are without a doubt overpowered and far unbalanced. Most of the Warriors aren't even Warriors anymore, they're casters and that also hurts the roleplay community. It's a free game, but people still pay money towards the game. Balancing damage amounts is not hard... But I feel Trion wants Tempest to be overpowered, so more people will buy SL Souls.

It tries to rank games in a more fair manner thus ignoring faction as a barrier to do so. It isn't taken into account when you are put on a team. A dev commented, I am pretty sure, that once 2 teams are pooled, the ones with the dominate amount of a certain faction of players ends up on the Guardian/blue or Defiant/red side depending what the majority of X team ended up being. Or who had the greatest majority, or probably something along those lines. What they have been doing is removing positional barriers to match making and making it (or hoping to) a more logical match making system. Faction preference has been out the door for a long time now, solidly over a year.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

no more factions, make it purely rp and cosmetic imo. fully open world pvp, lol yah right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennydust View Post
    Sure it's still PvP, but what's the point of picking factions? It says it's there to "balance" the games out, but I'm Guardian -- when I find myself on the Defiant side, I see Defiants on the Guardian side?? How does that happen??

I could understand an "occasional" swap, but I play as the wrong faction about 80% of the time... It's not "temporarily" playing for other side, it's 50/50 chance of each faction.

I know It's still PvP, and I enjoy PvP... but it kind of kills the feel of being proud for your faction, and hurts the roleplaying community. We don't need instant Warfront ques, I can wait 30 seconds to play on the correct side. Don't "Casualize" this game so much it falls like WoW did...

And as for Tempests, no comment needed... They're a warrior who doesn't even swing their weapons they hold, only shoot lightning and are without a doubt overpowered and far unbalanced. Most of the Warriors aren't even Warriors anymore, they're casters and that also hurts the roleplay community. It's a free game, but people still pay money towards the game. Balancing damage amounts is not hard... But I feel Trion wants Tempest t o be overpowered, so more people will buy SL Souls.
    Okay, where you around when the ques could last more than 30 secs? How about a hour or more? Seriously there were real issues regarding the ques. Why do you think Trion came up with merc? There were serious imbalances on shards.

Yeah, I started out on Sunrest... heard of that shard? RPPVP! There were some glorious faction hatred between guilds. Loved the open world guild battles. But players wanted to do end game pve. Usually found themselves ganked or sabotaged in the open world events (they were still fun but that got old). Guilds started leaving to safer grounds.

Issues with warfronts imbalances with factions couldn't be resolved. Trion came up with mercing. Yeah ppl complained. There was strong faction feelings. But a new era of cooperation ensued.

Warfronts are now not about factions!.

If you want, have a faction only guild and group up for pre-mades (of course there's complainers about pre-mades). Stay on the pvp shards... enjoy your faction hostilities.

Don't think faction in the warfronts... only think... "Red is Dead"

plz... move on...
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

This thread is a bad idea.

there is no merc system. it was removed. it was replaced with red vs blue.
    when you queue, you are queued as "a player" not as "a guardian". when two teams are formed of "a player" queued players, the game checks to see if one has more of one "faction" than the other. if one does, then that team is given that "faction's" starting position. that last bit was done because it amused the devs, and is the cause of much confusion and resentment by players such as yourself, as it has resulted in the false belief that there is a merc system still in place. there isn't. even if there is a buff saying so. it is an artefact of a previous system left in place because it amused the devs to do so.

can you wait 30 mins for a queue?
    do you feel proud for your guild? most guilds are mixed faction these days.

as RP community would rely heavily on the games lore.
    the games lore justifies the two factions working together to achieve common goals.
    we even share a capital city now, and can freely use each others porticulums.

And as for Tempests, no comment needed... They're a warrior who doesn't even swing their weapons they hold, only shoot lightning and are without a doubt overpowered and far unbalanced. Most of the Warriors aren't even Warriors anymore, they're casters and that also hurts the roleplay community. It's a free game, but people still pay money towards the game. Balancing damage amounts is not hard... But I feel Trion wants Tempest to be overpowered, so more people will buy SL Souls.
    even warriors (such as myself) are not happy with the current state of the class and our reliance on tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread