+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVP detailed gearing guide please guys!

Soulwalker

Default PVP detailed gearing guide please guys!

Love to PVP but hate trying to figure out the best way to get gear and where to get it.

So could somone out there who knows please answer the following questions.

Take into account that i want to get as much gear as possible from warfronts and don't want to PVE, conquest or anything like that. Or as little as possible of anything aside from warfronts.

Warrior. I'm currently lvl 58, and prestige rank 58. Have saved up 180k Favor thus far...spent some on gear for Synergy crystal and Synergy crystal.

1) What gear to spend favor on and when...progression wise.

2) Seal...which to get? From who and when?

3) Weapons, which to get and when.

4) Trinket...which to get and when?

5) All enchants...where to and when.

6) Boosts. Best ones to use for favor, prestige etc and where to get em.

Sorry for the long and probably irritating question but god i just wanna kill people, and find it uberly frustrating trying to find out the most efficient way of gearing up.

Thanks a million in advance guys.

Keep well

Quote Originally Posted by Blackvoid View Post
    Love to PVP but hate trying to figure out the best way to get gear and where to get it.

So could somone out there who knows please answer the following questions.

Take into account that i want to get as much gear as possible from warfronts and don't want to PVE, conquest or anything like that. Or as little as possible of anything aside from warfronts.

Warrior. I'm currently lvl 58, and prestige rank 58. Have saved up 180k Favor thus far...spent some on gear for Synergy crystal and Synergy crystal.

1) What gear to spend favor on and when...progression wise.

2) Seal...which to get? From who and when?

3) Weapons, which to get and when.

4) Trinket...which to get and when?

5) All enchants...where to and when.

6) Boosts. Best ones to use for favor, prestige etc and where to get em.

Sorry for the long and probably irritating question but god i just wanna kill people, and find it uberly frustrating trying to find out the most efficient way of gearing up.

Thanks a million in advance guys.

Keep well
    Weapons and seal are the important pieces to get, after that, your rings, as you can get vengeance runes on them, then get gear in the order of which gear has the most powerful rune you can equip on it.

Merc seal until you can upgrade into freelancer (Freelancer seal is pretty important)

All of em, as fast as possible.

PvP trinket UNLESS you do pve, if you PvE, you want your class specific raid trinket, Twylls trinket or the shielding trinket from IDH/Crucia/Ultane

Vengeance runes #1 important, then work your way down.

Whetstones and the Recon Vial are the ones you want to keep up as much as physically/mentally possible.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

I'd actually get gloves/boots/chest/mh/oh in that order. The biggest upgrades you can get going from bolstered freelancer to runed freelancer are endurance runes. Grab 55s if you can afford them, otherwise 32s. As you work your way into higher tiers then start gearing for damage runes, until then you don't wanna be that guy that everyone notices has 20-22k HP and will die in one burst volley.

You should also grab a 6 slot sigil right off the bat and stick any essences in them. They get bolstered to blue essences, so never buy those unless you're planning to gank in world PvP, if that still exists.

The seal is actually really important too, don't let the 2% valor reduction fool you.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    I'd actually get gloves/boots/chest/mh/oh in that order. The biggest upgrades you can get going from bolstered freelancer to runed freelancer are endurance runes. Grab 55s if you can afford them, otherwise 32s. As you work your way into higher tiers then start gearing for damage runes, until then you don't wanna be that guy that everyone notices has 20-22k HP and will die in one burst volley.
    If you do not have your MH/OH first, you are losing at on at the very least, 200 veng, for me not having my MH/OH, that would be losing almost 300 AP, and thats without counting any boosts I get from the spec to that AP/Veng
    Last edited by WhozDat; 12-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    If you do not have your MH/OH first, you are losing at on at the very least, 200 veng, for me not having my MH/OH, that would be losing almost 300 AP, and thats without counting any boosts I get from the spec to that AP/Veng
    You're talking about the vengenace stones? That's not exactly something a player who just hit 60 will be spending favor on.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

You're giving yourself a handicap by not doing conquest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    You're talking about the vengenace stones? That's not exactly something a player who just hit 60 will be spending favor on.
    Planar Edge is 60 AP, and free, that's 120 right there, runes generally are 20-40 AP each, so that's 40-80 right there.

Vengeance stones are also worth the favor spent as they are a larger upgrade once weapons are purchased and equipped, then any other piece of gear.

1) What gear to spend favor on and when...progression wise. Spend your favor on the freelancer gear from rift store and buy the best runes for your calling that you can afford.

2) Seal...which to get? From who and when? freelancer conquest cell from rift store. There is no way around of not doing Conquest, this is why it is hated so much.

3) Weapons, which to get and when. When picking weapons look what will give you the best stats, most likely it will be 2 one handers. Freelancers from rift store.

4) Trinket...which to get and when? Trinkets are tough, be sure to change the level to 50-60 when looking in the rift store. Notoriety comes into play here and your first few won't be that good but anything is better then nothing.

5) All enchants...where to and when. You'll need Gilded Crystals for each soul you plan on to use this forces you to PvE. Zone invasions are a good way to get the required stones. Conquest marks are used for lesser essences for your planar attunement belt.

6) Boosts. Best ones to use for favor, prestige etc and where to get em. Mercenary plating, insoles, chaps, recon vials help alot, if you have enough favor after buying gear.

You'll notice pretty fast the you'll have to do basic PvE stuff to help gear you for PvP. This is Trions way of making everyone enjoy all aspects of the game. As unpopular as Conquest is, it is still a pretty fast way to gain favor.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Vengeance is superior to the AP enchants for pvp, but that goes without saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    1 vengeance = 1 AP/SP

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the answers guys.

Dang, not looking forward to the PVE or Conquest but i guess i'll have to.

Again, thanks for the help

As far as the seal goes, is the Freelancer seal actually better than a 104/19 (Brilliant Carat Coruscation)? Since they removed the tooltip, I cannot see how much DR the extra valor provides to make a proper evaluation.
    Aenaenon - Mage
    Tylhadras - Warrior
    <Is Judging You>
    Faeblight

Planar Edge is 60 AP, and free, that's 120 right there, runes generally are 20-40 AP each, so that's 40-80 right there.

Vengeance stones are also worth the favor spent as they are a larger upgrade once weapons are purchased and equipped, then any other piece of gear.
    80 actually, so by not having weapons you lose out on 160 AP if you are a rogue or warrior, which is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    pretty sure this is wrong and they are equal. you are better off with exceptional whetstones (125AP) than mercenary whetstones (100veng)
    Last edited by ecru; 12-23-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by BlakLanner View Post
    As far as the seal goes, is the Freelancer seal actually better than a 104/19 (Brilliant Carat Coruscation)? Since they removed the tooltip, I cannot see how much DR the extra valor provides to make a proper evaluation.
    Depends, if you have a defiler, you can easily swap, you'll be squishier to be sure, but with a defiler, the damage is easier to deal with.

If you don't have a defiler, you want the freelancer seal, it's like 2.5% damage mit, which, while it doesn't sound like much, it's the difference is very noticable.

Depends, if you have a defiler, you can easily swap, you'll be squishier to be sure, but with a defiler, the damage is easier to deal with.

If you don't have a defiler, you want the freelancer seal, it's like 2.5% damage mit, which, while it doesn't sound like much, it's the difference is very noticable.
    It's about a 9% increase in damage taken going from 22.5% to 24.5% damage taken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast