+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: 5v5 suggestion.

Champion of Telara

Default 5v5 suggestion.

I do not believe 5v5 is a failure. I do have a few suggestions.

1). Make a bracket where no ranking points are won or loss. The problem I am having is can't find experienced pvp players to make a team. Give us a relaxed que to try new stuff and practice.
    2). Remove the bolstering. This was a bad idea in retrospect.

We need leaderboards and loot for 5v5. A daily quest. Make it part of the game. How many would do CQ without power. How many would do random experts without the daily?

Trion can make this work. The current implementation is so minimal you cannot judge anything.

Add favor/prestige rewards, or at the very least bolster everyone who joins to full favor consumables so it isn't just a completely loss that requires MORE CQ to recoup.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beluga View Post
    Add favor/prestige rewards, or at the very least bolster everyone who joins to full favor consumables so it isn't just a completely loss that requires MORE CQ to recoup.
    Earn the favor and buy the consumables. Wtf man.

Ascendant

Let's pretend that 5vs5 cannot be abused and that you cant feed each other for points, rewards, etc.

All they need to do is start making official tournaments with some $ (or credits) on the line. Somebody should aslo stream it with commentary. This would help a lot not only to PvP getting more popular but whole game as competitive.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Let's pretend that 5vs5 cannot be abused and that you cant feed each other for points, rewards, etc.

All they need to do is start making official tournaments with some $ (or credits) on the line. Somebody should aslo stream it with commentary. This would help a lot not only to PvP getting more popular but whole game as competitive.
    If 5v5 win trading was abused, it still wouldn't be as good as CQ farming. Kinda funny really.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

Ascendant

Bolster everyone down to freelancer gear with either 0 or max CQ power. People can rune up their freelancer gear to their heart's content if they absolutely must outgear people to feel competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    We need leaderboards and loot for 5v5. A daily quest. Make it part of the game. How many would do CQ without power. How many would do random experts without the daily?
    So if it doesn't naturally draw attention, artificially draw attention? That's a good long term game plan. =/

This is the Trial period CQ should have used imo. See how it stood without rewards, really shows the true enjoyment to be had when the only thing going for it is whether it is fun to play or not. And genuinely fun things don't need rewards.

It's like if you reward me everytime I play the piano, chances are I may not even like it. Maybe, only maybe, reward me after you have established that piano playing is something I love to do. Not trying to do it the other way around by making the reward create something I love to do.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

i just need my guild to actually log in often enough to queue regularly

We need more people in the 5v5@deepwood channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Bolster everyone down to freelancer gear with either 0 or max CQ power. People can rune up their freelancer gear to their heart's content if they absolutely must outgear people to feel competitive.
    better to bolster down to the now no longer available mercenary, so BiS runes are completely removed. and disable synergy crystals too.

if its all about skill, then gear doesn't matter, as long as everyone is on an equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread