+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Watching History Repeat Itself

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Yours, mine, montages, horse's, ToB,and some random fluff guild from seastone that I don't remember the name of. Duos and trios are much more common, people like stir, dualla, hundreds, aien, dozens, more at least.

It doesn't happen often, and neither is it a huge deal, but occasionally for some reason, It seems to think that some of the more prolific players, 'specially the ones who win more often then not, outweigh full 2-5 man groups. My only real point, is that the MM systen could likely use some glossing over to see if this behavior is intended, or if there's a bug in the system when computing a groups combined elo.
    Lol. Okay whozdat. List the names of people in your premade. This will be cute.

Ascendant

My only real point, is that the MM systen could likely use some glossing over to see if this behavior is intended, or if there's a bug in the system when computing a groups combined elo.
    When it came out, daglar mentioned that trying to "sandbag" the queue by taking a bad teammate wouldn't really have a huge effect, might be having some side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Lol. Okay whozdat. List the names of people in your premade. This will be cute.
    Considering we actually beat the majority of premades prior to everyone quitting/breaking, I'm relatively proud to be in a group with Krock, Nefy, Boxers (Best puri NA) and Garg
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    same here, premades haven't been an issue at all. I honestly think it's just spoiled guardians who were so used to dominating pre this patch. I've had much better luck with match making including a lot more closer games and the blow outs are 50/50.
    You actually didnt address the main issue which is PMds vs pugs. You may have 50/50 normally but its more like 95/5 when a decent PM is on one side. What are the chances the pugs have just thst many good people to compete?

Normally yes its a 50-50. Involve pmds queing in a row at particular tomes its a complete blowout most the time.

Pmds need their own competitive que.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    You actually didnt address the main issue which is PMds vs pugs. You may have 50/50 normally but its more like 95/5 when a decent PM is on one side. What are the chances the pugs have just thst many good people to compete?

Normally yes its a 50-50. Involve pmds queing in a row at particular tomes its a complete blowout most the time.

Pmds need their own competitive que.
    Don't worry, it's on the PTS, it's locked on the pts, but it's on the pts, or at least the picture for the que is.

Really dislike how they put it up there, but you can't actually do it, even if we wanted to.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    When it came out, daglar mentioned that trying to "sandbag" the queue by taking a bad teammate wouldn't really have a huge effect, might be having some side effects.
    A very real possibility, either way, something's wrong with the que system when you put solo que heroes like myself, specially when we play late night shifts (Little to no competition, high win%) in a situation where premades are prolific (If I decide to play in the semi-prime time), I've seen premades stacked against me, and possibly with premades on my team, but definitely a mismatch in the caliber of the premade.

I honestly don't see premades worth a damn. I see some great partner ques or 3 people playing but I would never complain about that. I would partner up if they kept killing me and it became an issue where I saw them all the time

note that I only consider 5 or more a premade. anything less is pathetic to complain about

Ascendant

i think i understand the definition of "premade" most people make:

"when the other side wins, its a premade"

I honestly don't see premades worth a damn. I see some great partner ques or 3 people playing but I would never complain about that. I would partner up if they kept killing me and it became an issue where I saw them all the time

note that I only consider 5 or more a premade. anything less is pathetic to complain about
    I prefer to seperate complaints and the possibility that something may be wrong with the system. I love competing when time allows me to, with group ques (Specially if I break my own world, and que with a pocket), it can get pretty intense, but there are that 1/50 matches where I solo que and see 17+patrice+hundreds+stir+hotpockets+montage, all of which I'm aware are not 5 quing, and even if they are, they outgear my team even without going into the skill aspect.

Regardless of whether the system is a success, or failure, improvements can be made, and feedback provided.

Last night there was a decent amount of pm's queing. Every match we did was pm vs pm though and a few of the were 2pms vs 2pms those kill counts :-). Was no pug stomping. I was queing from 11ish est till 4am and only saw 1 just plain blowout. A whitefall with 9 rogues and 1 cleric vs a pretty perfect comp.

Tbh if it wasnt for a few pve hero pugs a lot of those matches would have been tdms.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Last night there was a decent amount of pm's queing. Every match we did was pm vs pm though and a few of the were 2pms vs 2pms those kill counts :-). Was no pug stomping. I was queing from 11ish est till 4am and only saw 1 just plain blowout. A whitefall with 9 rogues and 1 cleric vs a pretty perfect comp.

Tbh if it wasnt for a few pve hero pugs a lot of those matches would have been tdms.
    Yea. Last night was unreal. Most fun in pvp for a long time. Can't believe you stayed up that late. Good team against good team all night long.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Yep last night was fun. I think some of the complaints though are about non-peak times, when the game can't necessarily find enough premades. I can see that if you are premade queuing at 7am US on a weekday maybe the game can't find enough good players to match you against (this is the case mentioned earlier, by Wrastion I think). In this case, maybe it would be better to tune the MM system to hold up the premade until good enough competition was available.

I prefer to seperate complaints and the possibility that something may be wrong with the system. I love competing when time allows me to, with group ques (Specially if I break my own world, and que with a pocket), it can get pretty intense, but there are that 1/50 matches where I solo que and see 17+patrice+hundreds+stir+hotpockets+montage, all of which I'm aware are not 5 quing, and even if they are, they outgear my team even without going into the skill aspect.

Regardless of whether the system is a success, or failure, improvements can be made, and feedback provided.
    they need to split up classes. it's as simple as that. clerics are too valuable and if one team has 5 and one team has 0 it's pretty much a loss unless one team is horrid

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Yea. Last night was unreal. Most fun in pvp for a long time. Can't believe you stayed up that late. Good team against good team all night long.
    Yea i never sleep :-( and the way those matches were going i couldnt bring myself to log.

they need to split up classes. it's as simple as that. clerics are too valuable and if one team has 5 and one team has 0 it's pretty much a loss unless one team is horrid
    That's been the issue for forever. I've had 10 rogue teams where 1 went bard, 3 went tact, and we rolled a group of all cleric/mages, while they had no healers.

Can't solve stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast