+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mercenary : worst experience ever

Soulwalker

Default Mercenary : worst experience ever

i know its an old thread but it needs an ANSWER at least from the devs.
    there are many players and this game does its best to satisfy a wide market. They have introduced the mercenary system to reduce the que numbers in BGs. I can understand that and it has worked . But at least for me and by checking the forums im not the only one here it has also ruined the gaming experience pvp wise. It would be bloody easy to let us check somewhere mercenary enabled when we press K and que. then we enter fast in the battle. or we leave it unchecked and wait longer. THOSE OF US WHO REALLY CARE WICH SIDE THEY KILL> i hate to mention another game but they made an ëxperiement wich suked and had to be terminated. THey alowed the players to be infected and become undead then pvp their own faction. IT SUKED. A lot. Same issued here. I can understand a lot of u like the mercenary idea and dont care about the side your killing or helping but some of us care. i think its fked up were FORCED TO fight for guardians (or defiant ) rather then choose it. Like a SIMPLE BLOODY OPTION to remove the frustration inside the BGs window. i chose the faction the race the clothes the skills and what i want to kill. I WANT THE CHOICE>

Not only is it old, it's even dead. There is no mercenary anymore in WFs. It's blue vs red, only that they left the old names in game. And therefore it says mercenary when you end up on the side that used to be the opposite of your faction.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Not only is it old, it's even dead. There is no mercenary anymore in WFs. It's blue vs red, only that they left the old names in game. And therefore it says mercenary when you end up on the side that used to be the opposite of your faction.
    1. is not dead. i asked around and a lot of us are bothered.2 its not blue vs red is still defiant vs guardians. says so when u look at the score. 3 its not USED TO BE OPPOSITE> if u hang near guards and wards that are from the other faction then u will be ataked. ur still at war. cold war but still. Even so some of us dont want even for 20 lousy minutes to pvp as RED or guardians or whatever. we want to pvp for the faction were questing. ANd im not complaining about the mercenary but the lack of choice to disable it.
    also how long would you enjoy being a defiant if 9/10 games ur being killed by them ? i could udnerstand a 5/5 ratio but curently i dont feel defiant. i dont feel like doing BGs and so im mising alot of a once cool feeature. all im asking is an option not a removal

Here's a link to some official info about how things changed.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by JouhnCoat View Post
    1. is not dead. i asked around and a lot of us are bothered.2 its not blue vs red is still defiant vs guardians. says so when u look at the score. 3 its not USED TO BE OPPOSITE> if u hang near guards and wards that are from the other faction then u will be ataked. ur still at war. cold war but still. Even so some of us dont want even for 20 lousy minutes to pvp as RED or guardians or whatever. we want to pvp for the faction were questing. ANd im not complaining about the mercenary but the lack of choice to disable it.
    also how long would you enjoy being a defiant if 9/10 games ur being killed by them ? i could udnerstand a 5/5 ratio but curently i dont feel defiant. i dont feel like doing BGs and so im mising alot of a once cool feeature. all im asking is an option not a removal
    It's dead because it doesn't really exist anymore. Yes the score says Guardian and Defiants, and I really wish they removed those names and called the teams yellow and green instead. And used to be opposite, I meant that it used to be the opposite faction when WFs were split into factions. I know some people want to stick with their site because of lore, but you can't really choose a faction to stick with in WFs anymore, as the only thing it would do is decide which side of the map you'd start. And if you lost 9/10 matches, you just can't blame it on the faction anymore.
    Last edited by Ailene; 12-04-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Red v blue and premades v PuGs....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

I can say i am also bothered about this, i want to at least have the option to be 'only guardian'. It's very detestable to play the other faction for me. I know a lot of people don't mind this so it wont be a huge issue,but for a purist like me it is an issue. And i'm happy i see more people speak their mind about it.

Soulwalker

Yes. at least one agrees with me. and im not asking for the removal of the mercenary feature. Just split us in two. the players who view it as red vs blue and get 1-2 minutes que time and the players who care about the faction and dont mind 20 min que time as long as they are guardians or defiants 100%. let us have the choice rather then force it on us if we want BGs .

Rift Disciple

Even if youre given then option one of 2 things will happen.
    A. You stay on your chosen team but other people of your faction are still on the other team AND people from the other faction are on your team. There goes your entire purpose for wanting the option.
    B. You que ONLY with people who refuse to merc. Your que time isnt going to be on the order of 10-20 minutes, its going to be 2-3 days. Good luck with that.

WFs are for instant action pvp. If you want RP pvp do it open world on a pvp server. You'll find more people to play with there than in a "no merc" wf. Take away team mixing and que's will sky rocket and and the pathetic arguments of "faction x ALWAYS loses" will become a deafening roar. Heck, faction means NOTHING and I still constantly hear "I hate getting merc'd, faction x always loses. You guys suck." People are so infinitly dense. (directed at whiners IN wf's)
    Argument is beyond dead. Mixed faction pvp in wf's is here to stay.
    Daemun, Graeven, Arnheim, Enterus, Kaael, Kareana
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Egocentric View Post
    I can say i am also bothered about this, i want to at least have the option to be 'only guardian'. It's very detestable to play the other faction for me. I know a lot of people don't mind this so it wont be a huge issue,but for a purist like me it is an issue. And i'm happy i see more people speak their mind about it.
    Yeah, a "purist" is what you are
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Yeah, a "purist" is what you are
    >Joined - Feb 2011, makes me less purist than you?

Write Trion a check to make it worth their cost in development time for the few people this sufficiently bothers, JouhnCoat, and no doubt you'd get your desire fulfilled. Meanwhile once you're level 60, or maybe it's level 48 or 50 now, you can then take the daily and weekly open world pvp quests from the npc at the front door of the room by the practice dummies in Tempest Bay and do them (you'll be wanting the Infinity Stones they grant anyway) and PvP where your faction matters and is a consideration on or off a PvP shard - but try to go with friends for those quests or expect to be ganked.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Plane Walker

i know its an old thread but it needs an ANSWER at least from the devs.
    there are many players and this game does its best to satisfy a wide market. They have introduced the mercenary system to reduce the que numbers in BGs. I can understand that and it has worked . But at least for me and by checking the forums im not the only one here it has also ruined the gaming experience pvp wise. It would be bloody easy to let us check somewhere mercenary enabled when we press K and que. then we enter fast in the battle. or we leave it unchecked and wait longer. THOSE OF US WHO REALLY CARE WICH SIDE THEY KILL> i hate to mention another game but they made an ëxperiement wich suked and had to be terminated. THey alowed the players to be infected and become undead then pvp their own faction. IT SUKED. A lot. Same issued here. I can understand a lot of u like the mercenary idea and dont care about the side your killing or helping but some of us care. i think its fked up were FORCED TO fight for guardians (or defiant ) rather then choose it. Like a SIMPLE BLOODY OPTION to remove the frustration inside the BGs window. i chose the faction the race the clothes the skills and what i want to kill. I WANT THE CHOICE>
    Ok, so IF Trion patches next week (just hypotheticaly) and removes ALL indication or signs of there being anything REMOTELY tied to Defiant or Guardian. THEN what are you going to F*&^% cry about? If they changed it to Green VS> Purple, you'd still QQ about "OMFG purple always wins! Why can't I be green!"

So ya see, it doesn't matter what Trion does, your someone who will be unhappy no matter what the result. Play on an open world PvP server if your soo set on being one faction or the other. WF's are for everyone. So Trion needs to compensate to make the queue's faster.

I think there's already been plenty of threads about defiants having more players in WF's I get Merc'd quite abit myself, and my theory is the defiant side fills up first. So you get put on the guard side more.Regardless, like I said, it can be 2 diff. colors and ppl would still complain. Would you be happy with waiting an hour to get into a match just because YOU have some strong belief that your too dedicated to merc? No. You'd be back here crying for faster que times. So just deal with it.

Rift Master

Yes. at least one agrees with me. and im not asking for the removal of the mercenary feature. Just split us in two. the players who view it as red vs blue and get 1-2 minutes que time and the players who care about the faction and dont mind 20 min que time as long as they are guardians or defiants 100%. let us have the choice rather then force it on us if we want BGs .
    Jouhn, let me spell this out for you. What "faction" you are in a warfront has absolutely nothing to do with what faction you are in the game. In the warfront, it is red vs blue with factions basically just being arbitrary. Please read this again: there is no mercenary system. All at. It doesn't exist any more. Tell your friends too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Red v blue and premades v PuGs....
    But at least with the new system, there's a chance you'll end up on the same team as the premade now and then, compared to before. Premades were there before this change too, it wasn't hard to get for example 6 people into the same team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast