+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage souls feedback #1: Chloro and Hybrids

Default Mage souls feedback #1: Chloro and Hybrids

Subject of this thread is to discuss ways to bring back effective Chloro hybrids. As it stands now Mages are pigeoned into using only 61 pt builds due to chloros soul gift.

My suggestion is to change the gift to increase spell power on some sort of scale. Then retweak the healing talents across chloro as well as other abilities that heal in all mage souls.

Also I would move natural healing down in the tree to 32 points. This would allow for 44/32 point builds that would be more interesting and enjoyable to play. For example a 44 lock 32 chloro. A vile spore or op cast nh mage with mass fear would be interesting to play.

Discuss.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Subject of this thread is to discuss ways to bring back effective Chloro hybrids. As it stands now Mages are pigeoned into using only 61 pt builds due to chloros soul gift.

My suggestion is to change the gift to increase spell power on some sort of scale. Then retweak the healing talents across chloro as well as other abilities that heal in all mage souls.

Also I would move natural healing down in the tree to 32 points. This would allow for 44/32 point builds that would be more interesting and enjoyable to play. For example a 44 lock 32 chloro. A vile spore or op cast nh mage with mass fear would be interesting to play.

Discuss.
    That does sound like fun. But what do you think of a small boost to the ST heals? To make them a little more viable rather than relying on the "fluff" heals provided to by the veils.
    "some people want it happen, others wish it would happen, and others make it happen."
    Michael Jordan

The only thing I could really see them doing is maybe put some smaller %boost to healing in our support specs, like dom and archon. In that way healing/support hybrids would be useful.

The problem however with making viable DPS specs that can splash heals really well...well that's just creating a mage version of inquisicar. And That had to go. AND should never make a come back, even in another class. So I'm pretty adamant against that. But hybrid healing/support classes...that'd be cool to see that in mage.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by soulreavertw99 View Post
    That does sound like fun. But what do you think of a small boost to the ST heals? To make them a little more viable rather than relying on the "fluff" heals provided to by the veils.
    It would all have to be re evaluated after changing the chloro gift. But yes the idea is to be able to make chloro hybrids more sustainable. Right now you really cant do that because the heals are not worth it as compared to 61 chloro and bc no hybrids work well with natural healing so high in the tree and it being the only spammable heal for mage period.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

Chloro/dom and Chloro/Harb are already effective hybrids.

Chloro/dom can function very well as a support healer if you choose to play it like that, whereas Chloro/harb is almost exclusively a duel spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    It would all have to be re evaluated after changing the chloro gift. But yes the idea is to be able to make chloro hybrids more sustainable. Right now you really cant do that because the heals are not worth it as compared to 61 chloro and bc no hybrids work well with natural healing so high in the tree and it being the only spammable heal for mage period.
    Totally agree. I dont have any problem supporting a cleric at all. The problem I have been seeing lately is a lack of healers. And me being a team player I'll switch from DPS to heals whenever I see we dont have any or too few. So i would love see something to get away from the term "fluff heals" not that it is bad thing. Just sometimes feel like I might of been able to do more to help turn the tide.
    "some people want it happen, others wish it would happen, and others make it happen."
    Michael Jordan

+ Reply to Thread