+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: [POLL] Limiting stealth in domination maps [POLL]

Default [POLL] Limiting stealth in domination maps [POLL]

This is meant to be a poll to get people opinions.. not a flame war... ONLY post what calling you play the most frequently, your opinions on options one through four, and which you find the most balanced...

Options:
    1. Stealth no longer works, people still see you
    2. Stealth only works at a range, once within 10 meter you are now visible (or x meters if you want to modify)
    3. Stealth only lasts 10 seconds and shares a minute cooldown (or x seconds with x cd if you want to modify this one)
    4. Keep it the same

I reiterate, do not turn this into a flame war...
    Last edited by TadaceAce; 11-21-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Get rid of the domination maps. They're a cheap shortcut by Trion to avoid designing a new map, by sticking some command points onto maps not designed for them. The gameplay doesn't work on many levels; stealth is only one. I don't queue for them if I can help it.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Get rid of the domination maps. They're a cheap shortcut by Trion to avoid designing a new map, by sticking some command points onto maps not designed for them. The gameplay doesn't work on many levels; stealth is only one. I don't queue for them if I can help it.
    just no, only maps i enjoy are domination maps you can actually avoid the zerg and still help your team.

stealth is mostly fine they need to bring back stealth detection in souls and re work how HV works with slip away

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    This is meant to be a poll to get people opinions.. not a flame war... ONLY post what calling you play the most frequently, your opinions on options one through four, and which you find the most balanced...

Options:
    1. Stealth no longer works, people still see you
    2. Stealth only works at a range, once within 10 meter you are now visible (or x meters if you want to modify)
    3. Stealth only lasts 10 seconds and shares a minute cooldown (or x seconds with x cd if you want to modify this one)
    4. Keep it the same

I reiterate, do not turn this into a flame war...
    Just go solo as a paragon and 1 shot the assassin. Works plenty fine and easy enough unless they out gear you. Inq can easily take one good sin 1v1, mages have charb/chlorodom.

Problem with stealth in dom maps is people are too stupid to stand on the point as the above specs, I do it all the time in NB and MM, most sins are too afraid to jump me, and the ones who aren't either aren't wasting their time pveing objectives or are stupid enough that they die to me.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Mei

Stupid idea.

Next please
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Just go solo as a paragon and 1 shot the assassin. Works plenty fine and easy enough unless they out gear you. Inq can easily take one good sin 1v1, mages have charb/chlorodom.

Problem with stealth in dom maps is people are too stupid to stand on the point as the above specs, I do it all the time in NB and MM, most sins are too afraid to jump me, and the ones who aren't either aren't wasting their time pveing objectives or are stupid enough that they die to me.
    my biggest pet peeve is that i cant detect them guarding a flag so i never get to fight just sit there twiddling my thumbs. i want something that forces those pansies out into the fight

For ****s sake people. Not a single post actually addressed the entire point of this thread of picked an option. This is why we can't have nice things.

So far we have a rogue saying that if we can't beat a sin 1v1 we are bad.
    Another rogue who gave us 10 char.

And every other post being completely off topic.
    Last edited by TadaceAce; 11-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.

For ****s sake people. Not a single post actually addressed the entire point of this thread of picked an option. This is why we can't have nice things.

So far we have a rogue saying that if we can't beat a sin 1v1 we are bad.
    Another rogue who gave us 10 char.

And every other post being completely off topic.
    No we can't have nice things because trion forces us, in pvp maps, to choose between pvping and winning, thus people like you, and others under the gear cap, are forced to choose, and it's simply unfun.

The issue isn't stealth

The issue is horrible map design.

And no, I simply think your horrible and want things you shouldn't have.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 11-21-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

I don't think stealth should work in instances/warfronts. Imo it should only work in large maps and open world.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    I don't think stealth should work in instances/warfronts. Imo it should only work in large maps and open world.

Ild love that, if you gave the rest of sin abilities a 25% damage boost to account for the damage lost by removing stealth

snip
    So far the only people in this thread actually in favor of keeping stealth the way it is are you and Mei.. 2 rogues.. How about you stop spamming this thread so other people can voice opinions?

Ild love that, if you gave the rest of sin abilities a 25% damage boost to account for the damage lost by removing stealth
    Well that would certainly have to be addressed. Maybe stealth could act as a buff still but simply make the character visible. Im sure a fair solution could be discovered.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

ranged stealth only.

about 5-7 meters would be decent enough (move it too far and pro peeps will just pull out camera view and catch the hidden rog.
    too close and you have the same problem as before.

let me re-iterate : if you know there is a rog close-by, you MUST have a mechanism to detect him (and not just spam AOE. how many classes have a GTAE?)

5 meters puts the rog just out of melee range.

So far the only people in this thread actually in favor of keeping stealth the way it is are you and Mei.. 2 rogues.. How about you stop spamming this thread so other people can voice opinions?
    Spamming your thread with simple facts is hardly suppressing the popular opinion, nor the opinion of others.

Also, Fluents' a warrior, I hardly think he's campaigning for the tempest stealth.

The fact remains that you can't refute anything I say, because on every level of every request you make about everything, is the underlying fact that you have very little desire or drive to do well, or to solve the problems on your end, instead, you rely on Trion to solve the issues you have.

Before fluent does it with his psychologicalyoiuasd know-how, this is what you have:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

I cannot help you, until you desire to know what your doing wrong, or what the actual problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Well that would certainly have to be addressed. Maybe stealth could act as a buff still but simply make the character visible. Im sure a fair solution could be discovered.
    The issue, is it worth the hassle? Assassin's are already gimped in combat lasting in excess of 45 seconds. Stealth, as it is, is a fine concept as implemented, as DDay said earlier, there can be work done on how SA/HV interact with each other, but the issue boils down to the fact that this game promotes zerg pvp through horrible map design crossed with a general pvp population that's dumber then a sack of potatos, as above demonstrated.

Nerfing and changing stealth would be a fine change and all, but it wouldn't solve the issue, the next issue would be fast specs, specs with teleports, etc
    Last edited by WhozDat; 11-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Snip
    Fluent plays his rogue mostly nowadays.

So far the count:
    For: 2 rogues
    Against: 3

Stop posting WhozDat.. your opinion has been noted. No need to turn another rogue discussion thread into a WhozDat flame war.. I'm sure Ecru will be here in good time to put his 50 posts in.
    Last edited by TadaceAce; 11-21-2013 at 03:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast