+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Time frame on rated 5v5?

General of Telara

Default Time frame on rated 5v5?

Hey,

Some time back a dev posted that rated 5v5s were coming in 2.5, though at the release of the patch. At least this is what I got from it. I would greatly appreciate if we can get more information on this. Thank you.

Plane Walker

Never

/10char
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Default never

never never never never never

rift will never be esport never

Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    Hey,

Some time back a dev posted that rated 5v5s were coming in 2.5, though at the release of the patch. At least this is what I got from it. I would greatly appreciate if we can get more information on this. Thank you.
    5vs5s only hope was pvp in dimensions. That project received a delay with zero scope attached so don't get your hopes up.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    5vs5s only hope was pvp in dimensions. That project received a delay with zero scope attached so don't get your hopes up.
    I thought there was suppose to be a separate 5v5 WF purely for rating.

I thought there was suppose to be a separate 5v5 WF purely for rating.

They did say that, they also said that even when it was released, it wouldn't be a feature that was always available.

Considering the severe lack of actual coding needing to be done for this project, or time needed to be spent, it's a very strong possibility that it's already done, possibly already in game, except not unlocked for usage, awaiting it's time as possibly a weekend warfront or something similarly redundant and stupid.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 11-21-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    They did say that, they also said that even when it was released, it wouldn't be a feature that was always available.

Considering the severe lack of actual coding needing to be done for this project, or time needed to be spent, it's a very strong possibility that it's already done, possibly already in game, except not unlocked for usage, awaiting it's time as possibly a weekend warfront or something similarly redundant and stupid.
    OK I'm showing my ignorance here, but how do you know whether or not there's any coding done? I have no idea how much work is involved or how hard it is to make a rated team system, but I think it would be fun if we could have matches in our own decorated/modified Dimensions.

Library was a weekend-only WF at first, wasn't it? Trion made it a regular WF when players asked, so there's that.
    Arete@Threesprings - Starslight@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSeoul View Post
    OK I'm showing my ignorance here, but how do you know whether or not there's any coding done? I have no idea how much work is involved or how hard it is to make a rated team system, but I think it would be fun if we could have matches in our own decorated/modified Dimensions.

Library was a weekend-only WF at first, wasn't it? Trion made it a regular WF when players asked, so there's that.
    Because quite literally, all they have to do is take any of the maps, and make the player limit 5v5. Leaving objectives in or not is completely irrelevant to the situation. Daglar made two maps on his own time, on a weekend. I hardly bring myself to believe setting the parameters to restrict a map to 5v5 would be overly challenging.

He also said it was a feature that they would not leave on all the time, which brought me to the assumption that it could very well be a weekend map.

It's just my choice of putting the pieces together, but there is that.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Rift has to be the only community that actively says "no" to new content.

Ascendant

Competition evokes fear amongst the legions of bads.

Prophet of Telara

Trion is the only company that rather hurt themselves and shut down then to produce content for the majority.

They say stuff to calm down the masses, but never do it.

They are still busy pushing out expensive Raid content for all 60 of the minority end game raiders.

They can't even put a simple CQ hot fix to return it to it's pre 2.5 status, as Daglar did say he broke CQ with 2.5 and never "looked into it" So we have a crappy 10 min timer for kills now.

Community asked for very simple end game pvp content, Trions answer???? ANOTHER CQ THAT THE COMMUNITY LOVES TO DO SO MUCH DERP DERP.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 11-21-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Rift has to be the only community that actively says "no" to new content.
    who said no? he asked when, 2 people sarcastically said never, pro-arena folk are such a sensitive bunch

and ironically the pro-arena folks who quit were the ones typically saying no to new pvp content if it involved objectives because they didnt like it, people saying no to arena are doing so because it's a waste of time and will be a balance/participation failure
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 11-21-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Competition evokes fear amongst the legions of bads.
    yes because the millions of bronze LoL players and <1500 rated WoW players arent bads :/ only pros participate in competitive pvp yo!
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 11-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Ascendant

Hey,

On the PTS, there is a 5v5 rated Black Garden warfront. Looks to be TDM based. I believe all the warfronts are currently locked though, so I don't think anyone can queue for it just yet.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    On the PTS, there is a 5v5 rated Black Garden warfront. Looks to be TDM based. I believe all the warfronts are currently locked though, so I don't think anyone can queue for it just yet.
    I will inform the horde.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast