+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I think Trion did a great job on Warlord

General of Telara

Default I think Trion did a great job on Warlord

Thought I would change things up from the gloom and doom posts. I think Trion did a great job on Warlord this patch. The burst is great, damage is great, and the survival is great. It also has a lot of viable options to stay in melee. I honestly feel this is how warriors should have been all along. I think if they gave Warlord a stun, it would be amazing. This might be wishful thinking, however. Anyhow, when everyone is done crying about the para/tempest nerfs which may or may not happen, give 61 WL a shot.

Mei

The new 61WL is the only reason I haven't taken a total break from RIFT. Trion actually did do a good job.
    Last edited by Mei; 11-18-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Fluent

Warlord in design was a great meleesoul before the changes, just lacked in damage, still kind of does but the burst makes up for it, stun comes with 11 rb offsoul (which also stabilizes energy easily)
    Lastly the soul can finally hybridize with others just fine so definitely an improvement there.

Still, the gift should be 1% damage while all other meleesouls get the defboni this one has to balance that back in line the traditional mmo way.

Plane Walker

The warlord changes were just an improvement to an already well designed soul.

Hopefully in the near future the other warrior souls can be similarly useful.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    The warlord changes were just an improvement to an already well designed soul.

Hopefully in the near future the other warrior souls can be similarly useful.
    Warlord was bad prior to this patch. It was never very good in pvp in storm legion.

A lot of casuals or some very bad warriors wrote guides on warlord builds in pvp. All of them were bad and never worked at a high lvl.

Warlords before patch were like useless flies that pulled people once in a while.

Warlord is decent now with some burst, But its still lack luster compared to rogue/cleric/mage.

If para gets nerfed into the ground, most warriors will prob go back to being derp full 61 tempest before they use warlord, or go back to how it was prior to patch and play another character.

The burst on warlord is so little it can't pressure a good healer or really benefit your group much other then pulling people into your party and a burst here and there. Warrior melee is still lacking a lot.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 11-18-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Warlord was bad prior to this patch. It was never very good in pvp in storm legion.

A lot of casuals or some very bad warriors wrote guides on warlord builds in pvp. All of them were bad and never worked at a high lvl.

Warlords before patch were like useless flies that pulled people once in a while.

Warlord is decent now with some burst, But its still lack luster compared to rogue/cleric/mage.

If para gets nerfed into the ground, most warriors will prob go back to being derp full 61 tempest before they use warlord, or go back to how it was prior to patch and play another character.
    PVP -> Most good warriors use 61 Warlord. 61 RB and 61 Tempest work well also. A few use tempagon which works but is short term because will get changed soon. Also, tempagon sucks in pvp because 20 meter range, long cast, etc, etec...... Bad warriors use 61 paragon period. After you do the 61 point jihad you basically blow up and respawn to wait 60 more seconds to jihad again. It is stupid.

They are not going to nerf or change paragon for pve. They might make a pvp specific nerf for the 61 point cooldown but frankly it is not needed as the soul sucks for pvp. They will probably add a shared cooldown for arc and shifing which will essentially kill the tempagon spec which is good for pve and pvp. Tempagon is the spec that is doing lots of damage every 15 seconds. 61 Paragon and the cooldown can do lots of damage but it is every 60 seconds. Most of you do not even know the difference.

Additionally, most of you do not even know what spec the warrior is using when they kill you. I keep getting tells from mages and rogues raging on me for using paragon but I am in 61 warlord. This thread, at is core. is full of dumb. It should be deleted.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 11-18-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    PVP -> Most good warriors use 61 Warlord. 61 RB and 61 Tempest work well also. A few use tempagon which works but is short term because will get changed soon. Also, tempagon sucks in pvp because 20 meter range, long cast, etc, etec...... Bad warriors use 61 paragon period. After you do the 61 point jihad you basically blow up and respawn to wait 60 more seconds to jihad again. It is stupid.

They are not going to nerf or change paragon for pve. They might make a pvp specific nerf for the 61 point cooldown but frankly it is not needed as the soul sucks for pvp. They will probably add a shared cooldown for arc and shifing which will essentially kill the tempagon spec which is good for pve and pvp. Tempagon is the spec that is doing lots of damage every 15 seconds. 61 Paragon and the cooldown can do lots of damage but it is every 60 seconds. Most of you do not even know the difference.

Additionally, most of you do not even know what spec the warrior is using when they kill you. I keep getting tells from mages and rogues raging on me for using paragon but I am in 61 warlord. This thread, at is core. is full of dumb. It should be deleted.
    I posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry.

61 Warlord is a job well done by Trion.

Prophet of Telara

No good warrior pre patch used warlord, maybe to troll because warriors were in a bad spot and they got bored of tempest or riftblade or playing some type of tank.

Casuals and bads played the spec. Warlord hit less then a cleric with a shield auto attacking. And you don't really understand the warrior class at all to make any type of comment. Trolling or QQ on a daily basis on every forum about warriors for 2 years does not make you a expert by a long shot, lets use some common sense here.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 11-18-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Warlord sucks

As I suspected, you really DO have those random rants saved up somewhere and just randomly copy paste them into any threads you currently have open.

omg like zomg, its awesome!
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm liking Warlord now. Pretty much my "go to" spec right now.

Trion gets one of these
    Beerzerker (used to be Hog/Pig) - Warrior - P84

Weezard (used to be Runemaster) - Mage - P81

I played WL/RB/Temp pre-2.5 and had a lot of fun with it. Plus, I usually topped the boards for damage and KBs. I guess that means I was a bad though .

.. and yet I'm still having fun with it post 2.5, so hate all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post

The burst on warlord is so little it can't pressure a good healer or really benefit your group much other then pulling people into your party and a burst here and there. Warrior melee is still lacking a lot.
    Allow me to inform you the warlord is a tank soul
    Last edited by evelen; 11-19-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by evelen View Post
    Allow me to inform you the warlord is a tank soul
    Warlord is definately not a tank soul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast