+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WRU Lucy the NB?

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default WRU Lucy the NB?

    I need some splainin for my 5 questions below.

    In 6 seconds...

    43,253 dmg done
    and
    6000 mana drained (~ 35% of my mana )
    from a NB

    Well, I didn't get the entire 1st second logged and I died in the last second, so the numbers above would probably be a little higher for true capability.

    I was being hit longer than 6 seconds by the NB, so some setup had already happened. I was being hit by others also, so it wasn't a death to a single NB, but all the information in this post is related to the NB. Looking at the logs brought up questions about some abilities. I don't have a rogue, so looking at the tool-tips online doesn't answer all my questions, so maybe someone else would be kind enough to fill in the blanks for me.

    1) Why does touch of darkness drain mana twice in a row? If it supposed to trigger on ability attacks, I'd assume it could only drain once every second based on a GCD of 1 sec. It's taking 3% of my mana every tick, but shouldn't it fire a max of 6 times in 6 seconds for a max drain of ~3000 mana?

    http://i.imgur.com/iUYwB9y.png

    2) Why does scourge of darkness hit 16 times in 6 seconds, when it should only hit 10 times within it's 30 sec cooldown? Is there a cooldown reset? Can it stack through another ability? It hit 3 times in this snip.

    http://i.imgur.com/m7u27Uc.png

    3) Can dusk to dawn be applied twice, even though it has a 30 sec cooldown. Is there CD a reset somewhere? The SS below shows 2 dissipates at 46 sec mark. Is this adding 30% (15% + 15%) for each dusk to dawn bonus to the blazing strike damage?

    http://i.imgur.com/aMFlqOa.png

    4) What is conquest master's wrath?

    http://i.imgur.com/WihQZFI.png

    5) All working as intended?
    I get the dark descent use to not burn combo points for the 4 blazing strikes in a row which should set off the indirect abilities, but there seem like too many indirect abilities hitting between the blazing strikes. Here's 2 seconds of dmg with 2 blazing strikes included from the NB:

    second | damaging ability | damage
    46 blazing strike 2817
    46 ignited weapons 467
    46 scourge of darkness 619
    46 touch of darkness 459
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    46 auto attack 29
    46 scourge of darkness 638
    46 dusk to dawn dissipates
    46 dusk to dawn 788
    46 dusk to dawn dissipates
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    46 living flame 847
    46 ebon blades 383
    46 scourge of darkness 630
    46 touch of darkness 459
    46 fiery spike 304
    46 fiery spike 455
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    47 ebon blades 437
    47 scourge of darkness 633
    47 touch of darkness 478
    47 scourge of darkness 691
    47 touch of darkness 478
    47 blazing strike 4546
    47 touch of darkness -500 mana
    47 ignited weapons 329
    47 scourge of darkness 684
    47 touch of darkness 491
    47 fiery spike dissipates
    47 auto attack 103
    47 scourge of darkness 634
    47 living flame 810
    47 scourge of darkness 583
    47 touch of darkness 673
    47 touch of darkness -500 mana

    TY for any education!

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Dusk to dawn used to be channeled, and still activates procs on each tick.

    Living flame procs a firey spike on every tick, since firey spike is a weapon attack, it procs scourge and touch of darkness.

    Normal abilities.

    Put it all together and you get 3 procs per second give or take, from both scourge and touch.

  3. #3
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    I need some splainin for my 5 questions below.

    In 6 seconds...

    43,253 dmg done
    and
    6000 mana drained (~ 35% of my mana )
    from a NB

    Well, I didn't get the entire 1st second logged and I died in the last second, so the numbers above would probably be a little higher for true capability.

    I was being hit longer than 6 seconds by the NB, so some setup had already happened. I was being hit by others also, so it wasn't a death to a single NB, but all the information in this post is related to the NB. Looking at the logs brought up questions about some abilities. I don't have a rogue, so looking at the tool-tips online doesn't answer all my questions, so maybe someone else would be kind enough to fill in the blanks for me.

    1) Why does touch of darkness drain mana twice in a row? If it supposed to trigger on ability attacks, I'd assume it could only drain once every second based on a GCD of 1 sec. It's taking 3% of my mana every tick, but shouldn't it fire a max of 6 times in 6 seconds for a max drain of ~3000 mana?

    http://i.imgur.com/iUYwB9y.png

    2) Why does scourge of darkness hit 16 times in 6 seconds, when it should only hit 10 times within it's 30 sec cooldown? Is there a cooldown reset? Can it stack through another ability? It hit 3 times in this snip.

    http://i.imgur.com/m7u27Uc.png

    3) Can dusk to dawn be applied twice, even though it has a 30 sec cooldown. Is there CD a reset somewhere? The SS below shows 2 dissipates at 46 sec mark. Is this adding 30% (15% + 15%) for each dusk to dawn bonus to the blazing strike damage?

    http://i.imgur.com/aMFlqOa.png

    4) What is conquest master's wrath?

    http://i.imgur.com/WihQZFI.png

    5) All working as intended?
    I get the dark descent use to not burn combo points for the 4 blazing strikes in a row which should set off the indirect abilities, but there seem like too many indirect abilities hitting between the blazing strikes. Here's 2 seconds of dmg with 2 blazing strikes included from the NB:

    second | damaging ability | damage
    46 blazing strike 2817
    46 ignited weapons 467
    46 scourge of darkness 619
    46 touch of darkness 459
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    46 auto attack 29
    46 scourge of darkness 638
    46 dusk to dawn dissipates
    46 dusk to dawn 788
    46 dusk to dawn dissipates
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    46 living flame 847
    46 ebon blades 383
    46 scourge of darkness 630
    46 touch of darkness 459
    46 fiery spike 304
    46 fiery spike 455
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    46 touch of darkness -500 mana
    47 ebon blades 437
    47 scourge of darkness 633
    47 touch of darkness 478
    47 scourge of darkness 691
    47 touch of darkness 478
    47 blazing strike 4546
    47 touch of darkness -500 mana
    47 ignited weapons 329
    47 scourge of darkness 684
    47 touch of darkness 491
    47 fiery spike dissipates
    47 auto attack 103
    47 scourge of darkness 634
    47 living flame 810
    47 scourge of darkness 583
    47 touch of darkness 673
    47 touch of darkness -500 mana

    TY for any education!
    Yeah, nightblade tends to do that.

    I mean they have to be actually useful over assassin right, so since assassin is the "baseline standard for st melee rogue specs" (when it blatently shouldnt be because it has perma stealth) they decided to make NB a little bit lulwut because it lacks the above mentioned permastealth.

    Overall i think its a little overtuned on both the mana draining and the damage side of things, because i think they based its melee damage in comparison to sin like i pointed out above. And basing melee damage in comparison to sin is just.. stupid, because sin is overtuned.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Dusk to dawn used to be channeled, and still activates procs on each tick.
    Can more than one dusk to dawn be active at a time? The two dissipates seem to indicate that two of them were running. It's odd with a 30 sec CD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Dusk to dawn used to be channeled, and still activates procs on each tick.

    Living flame procs a firey spike on every tick, since firey spike is a weapon attack, it procs scourge and touch of darkness.

    Normal abilities.

    Put it all together and you get 3 procs per second give or take, from both scourge and touch.
    Ah, I was thinking scourge and touch of darkness would only proc on the first tick of a DoT.

    Also, the tool tip for scourge looks like it should only proc 10 times. Any reason it went of 16 times in 6 seconds?

    Thanks for the answers.

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Overall i think its a little overtuned on both the mana draining and the damage side of things, because i think they based its melee damage in comparison to sin like i pointed out above. And basing melee damage in comparison to sin is just.. stupid, because sin is overtuned.
    The mana drain surprised me more than the dmg. I was more curious what was causing the mana drain to fire multiple times each sec, when the tooltip show it procs on ability. I didn't think about any DoT tick outside the first one.

  6. #6
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Everything working as intended. Scourge gets 25 stacks total after you drop points into it, living flame procs fiery spike, scourge, and Tod. You use dark decent to allow you to use scourge and 3x blazing in a row, which also proc Tod. Working as intended. 1 min CD for Tod. Dusk to dawn is just a dot which gives a buff and procs Tod.
    Last edited by charliekelly; 11-18-2013 at 12:42 PM.

  7. #7
    Champion CDagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Scourge of darkness ticks are triggered off any damage at all, including auto attacks with daggers, which is two every two seconds. Living flame procs them as well. Also procing ToD.

    Dusk to Dawn is a DoT, not a channel, and it ticks for 4 or 5 ticks over 4 seconds, also boosting the Blazing Strike/Flame Thrust damage by 20%.

    It's an extremely potent tool that you see starting to get somewhat proliferated, Dak, wyx and I have been using it for a while, and it's nice to see that someone else is using it.

    The trick to combating the combo is to get moving, living flame has a very finicky hit box, and you also delay the auto attacks that proc SoD. The NB will prolly try to stay on you, but in all honesty, I've only seen Dak pull it off with any success on the move, and most pugs like below, will likely lose a large portion of their burst.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    Can more than one dusk to dawn be active at a time? The two dissipates seem to indicate that two of them were running. It's odd with a 30 sec CD.
    Each DtD applies two debuffs, I forget why, might just be layover from its original version, but I believe one is the damage, one is the root(so that it can still damage immune targets/won't stop dealing damage if break free is used)

  9. #9
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDagger View Post
    Scourge of darkness ticks are triggered off any damage at all, including auto attacks with daggers, which is two every two seconds. Living flame procs them as well. Also procing ToD.

    Dusk to Dawn is a DoT, not a channel, and it ticks for 4 or 5 ticks over 4 seconds, also boosting the Blazing Strike/Flame Thrust damage by 20%.

    It's an extremely potent tool that you see starting to get somewhat proliferated, Dak, wyx and I have been using it for a while, and it's nice to see that someone else is using it.

    The trick to combating the combo is to get moving, living flame has a very finicky hit box, and you also delay the auto attacks that proc SoD. The NB will prolly try to stay on you, but in all honesty, I've only seen Dak pull it off with any success on the move, and most pugs like below, will likely lose a large portion of their burst.
    I don't think I've ever heard of any of you

    -the original NB.

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Scourge gets 25 stacks total after you drop points into it.
    That explains the 16 procs.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDagger View Post
    The trick to combating the combo is to get moving, living flame has a very finicky hit box, and you also delay the auto attacks that proc SoD. The NB will prolly try to stay on you, but in all honesty, I've only seen Dak pull it off with any success on the move, and most pugs like below, will likely lose a large portion of their burst.
    I usually move, except when i can't... ;)

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Each DtD applies two debuffs, I forget why, might just be layover from its original version, but I believe one is the damage, one is the root(so that it can still damage immune targets/won't stop dealing damage if break free is used)
    and this explains the two dissipates. One for the dmg and one for the root.

    Thank you all for the explanations.

    Keep my mana safe, as I'll want it back. ;)

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    and this explains the two dissipates. One for the dmg and one for the root.

    Thank you all for the explanations.

    Keep my mana safe, as I'll want it back. ;)
    The mana drain seems unnecessary, as you lose all of it when you die

  14. #14
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    The mana drain seems unnecessary, as you lose all of it when you die
    That's my main thing with it. It's actually much more useful against purple and yellow bars, then blue bars, as it can, literally, mean 6 seconds of them being unable to attack or do anything at all.

    As for the "original NB" I haven't heard of you either

    You can likely blame the fzzf NB on me, I literally ruled C2 for almost a month using 61 NB after I pestered dak about it a little, it's definetly a fun/strong spec, but it's most certainly a healer killer, standing still against a good NB is a death sentence.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Kelebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Didn't catch if someone told you what the conquest wrath was but that the proc of the pvp trinket.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts