+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Warrior PvP Youtube video

Plane Touched

Default Warrior PvP Youtube video

Heya guys, I'm normally a live streamer but I decided to delve into the youtube scene and make a Rift video. This video is basically a killing montage of me testing out the Tempest Paragon Warrior spec in PvP. I knew it was a very strong build and wanted to give it a run for the sake of making this video and being able to put in the description how others can start out using it and optimize it as they see fit. I'm back to running my usual Warlord/Paladin spec now so no more one-shotting people, but it was fun while it lasted.

The video is just meant for entertainment and as a little bit of a tutorial for anyone wishing to give Tempest Paragon Warrior a try. Its full of kills and then an explanation of my build and macros are in the description below the video. Be sure to give it a thumbs up and subscribe and I'll be sure to make more videos with better quality. This was my first video so quality isn't perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5vvt5do-g

http://www.twitch.tv/grimgamertv

Disclaimer: The pvp shown in the video was done in the 80-90 prestige bracket so all people were experienced and in all warlord gear if not full myrmidon gear. It was also only my second day playing the spec so my gameplay definitely wasn't perfected.

Have a video you'd like to see? Perhaps a specific tutorial? Let me know and I'll see if I can make it!

Plane Touched

I went ahead and added a give-away at the end of the video that anyone can take part in. Its a Hearthstone beta key since I had an extra one but in the future I will be doing Rift-specific prizes. Be sure to like and subscribe!

Ahhhhhhh want hearthstone bet key

Plane Touched

Be sure to subscribe and post a comment below the video such as "Give me the dang beta key already!"

I'll be picking a winner out of those in the comments section of the video at random. Just gotta be sure to be subscribed.
    Last edited by GrimTheGamer; 11-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Plane Touched

Doh! Youtube was broken much of the day yesterday. Anyone that was getting errors yesterday should be able to view the video today.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post

Disclaimer: The pvp shown in the video was done in the 80-90 prestige bracket so all people were experienced and in all warlord gear if not full myrmidon gear. It was also only my second day playing the spec so my gameplay definitely wasn't perfected.
    I do not believe this to be true. You were hitting exceptionally hard, ( nearly every hit was 1100+ minimum) and why are there no kills where the cleric was being chain runed while healing or being supported?

Also I dont believe you understand the "one shot" phrase. You bursted the cleric, which was not a one shot. One shot, means a single attack killed them entirely. Not to mention you were heavily supported, and the enemy team was not working together much at all. So we can't see how much damage they did.

Please avoid trying to make the class seem Overpowered when in reality its not, it's a nice increase, and yes we can burst down undergeared bads. But its no where near powerful enough to burst down an equal spec. Let alone ONE SHOT them.

You also need to understand every spec generally has a strength and weakness. While if they are using pure caster specs, yes we can burst them to dead or nearly dead with no support on them, but if they have tank spec in there anywheres, its a whole different level.
    Last edited by Drakim; 11-19-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakim View Post
    I do not believe this to be true. You were hitting exceptionally hard, ( nearly every hit was 1100+ minimum) and why are there no kills where the cleric was being chain runed while healing or being supported?

Also I dont believe you understand the "one shot" phrase. You bursted the cleric, which was not a one shot. One shot, means a single attack killed them entirely. Not to mention you were heavily supported, and the enemy team was not working together much at all. So we can't see how much damage they did.

Please avoid trying to make the class seem Overpowered when in reality its not, it's a nice increase, and yes we can burst down undergeared bads. But its no where near powerful enough to burst down an equal spec. Let alone ONE SHOT them.

You also need to understand every spec generally has a strength and weakness. While if they are using pure caster specs, yes we can burst them to dead or nearly dead with no support on them, but if they have tank spec in there anywheres, its a whole different level.

All this if and but and maybe, Tempagon burst is to strong compared to other classes, both PvE and PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    All this if and but and maybe, Tempagon burst is to strong compared to other classes, both PvE and PvP.
    Your statement is all "if's" as well. Prove warriors burst is strong compared to other classes. Do you even play a Warrior?
    Last edited by Drakim; 11-19-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Plane Touched

Alright, I'll clear up the confusion you seem to have. First off, I live streamed every bit of footage you seen in the video so everyone that watches me knows what bracket I fight in. They have also witnessed all clips in this video as they were actually taking place. To put it plainly, it would be rough for me to lie about the bracket I fight in.

As far as me being supported in this video, yes, it is a warfront. It wasn't one on one duels. I took just two warfronts worth of clips where I burst people down very fast and put them into a video. I only played the spec for two days. The first for testing. The second for getting some footage for a video. So I couldn't just put together a 5 minute video of only times I caught someone alone. There were big fights going on but in the kills you seen I was the one doing most if not all of the damage. I did, however, do two duels while I ran this spec and did kill the people in "one shot" fashion as I see it. I didn't get footage of it though so I didn't bother even mentioning it before.

How I see a one shot is if you burst someone down so fast that they can't retaliate or change the situation due to how fast it happens. If you see it as just one attack that kills someone, then it would be hard to imagine your definition of a one shot happening in Rift as most bursts happen with a fast combo. Call me wrong in my definition of a one shot if you like. I won't be offended.

As far as the spec being overpowered, that is up to opinion. I think it is very strong, no doubt. My personal footage and comments in the video were things that I've seen or took part in, plus a little bit of opinions since I do have to make the video a little bit personal and not just facts. I've witnessed Tempest/Paragon warriors getting well over 30 kills rather consistently in normal warfronts and over 60 kills in Port Scions. Those type of numbers usually came from people that have played Tempest or Paragon specs in the past and are just good at using it now that its been buffed up. If you doubt those numbers, just ask Nefy. He was one of them that hit those numbers pretty much everytime I ran a warfront with him in it. If you do or don't consider that overpowered, then either way is fine to me. I just voiced that I thought a fix would likely be coming because it is very strong.

The video wasn't about the spec being overpowered, but rather a video to show it is very good possibly even to the point of getting fixed. It was also meant to show people how to get started in the class if they wish to run it with the explanation being in the description below the video.

Sorry if you didn't like it. I'll try not to voice too much opinion in the future videos if that offends people.
    Last edited by GrimTheGamer; 11-19-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Telaran

Your statement is all "if's" as well. Prove warriors burst is strong compared to other classes. Do you even play a Warrior?
    Read some of the **** in the pvp forums if you don't believe warrior burst is op. I get you play a warrior and you like the faceroll certain specs are right now buttttt not everyone is completely idiotic like yourself.

Yeah really warriors just "2" shoots ppl in pvp atm, so far better than one-shooted

Quote Originally Posted by Sokks View Post
    Read some of the **** in the pvp forums if you don't believe warrior burst is op. I get you play a warrior and you like the faceroll certain specs are right now buttttt not everyone is completely idiotic like yourself.
    Warrior is super hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHfMT1iW6Ok (Sorry for poor quality lol I didn't care, too busy facerolling)
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Default ....

im confused. there are no "brackets", no match making system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Warrior is super hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHfMT1iW6Ok (Sorry for poor quality lol I didn't care, too busy facerolling)
    every monkey could do the same with healers like this behind, even me lol
    facetanking the full enemy raid with ranged build is just LOL (not league of legends )

you hardly did more damage then taken lol. 670 k healing taken while the average was below 100 k lolololo

praise to your healer not you lol

upload a video without pocket healers armyXD

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    every monkey could do the same with healers like this behind, even me lol
    facetanking the full enemy raid with ranged build is just LOL (not league of legends )

you hardly did more damage then taken lol. 670 k healing taken while the average was below 100 k lolololo

praise to your healer not you lol

upload a video without pocket healers armyXD

...I barely out damaged their entire team? While face tanking and melting people? And only one healer is 100% focused on me, the rest were just random pugs.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast