+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mana burning

  1. #1
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default Mana burning

    I've recently came back to rift and am currently playing a lot of cleric healing and I've had quite a hard time with mana burning.
    Is there any guide that talk about how to protect yourself from mana burning and also if anyone was kind enough to list all the abilities that can mana burn.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  2. #2
    Ascendant azabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,607

    Default ...

    learn to LOS and mana regen

    mana pots

    cleanse yourself

  3. #3
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    learn to LOS and mana regen

    mana pots

    cleanse yourself
    I already do that, but I'd like to know how exactly my mana is getting burned.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  4. #4
    Ascendant azabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,607

    Default ....

    im sure its from that asssin poison, forget the name of it.

    I get it all the time but its easily cleansed off yourself.

    or mana drain from dom but that's kinda hard to miss. there are a couple other mana burns but they aren't anything to worry about.

  5. #5
    Champion Tengri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    If your spamming Crucial Invocation, you're gonna have a bad time.

    Assassin poison drains mana, Dominators drain mana, Nightblades drain mana.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    im sure its from that asssin poison, forget the name of it.

    I get it all the time but its easily cleansed off yourself.

    or mana drain from dom but that's kinda hard to miss. there are a couple other mana burns but they aren't anything to worry about.
    It's mostly from dom, but I know they have tons of them so I'm not sure what to be on the look out for when a dom start pumping my mana.

    Edit: To the poster above, I rarely cast crucial unless it's an Oh **** heal or on my instant 50% mana reduce spell (forgot the name duh), I can rotate my CDs well enough to avoid wasting mana on crucial.
    Last edited by Snap; 11-18-2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  7. #7
    Champion Tengri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    It's mostly from dom, but I know they have tons of them so I'm not sure what to be on the look out for when a dom start pumping my mana.

    Edit: To the poster above, I rarely cast crucial unless it's an Oh **** heal, I can rotate my CDs well enough to avoid wasting mana on crucial.
    Mass Betrayal, Traitorous Influence, and the drain itself. Mass betrayal can kill your mana if dps continues spamming and you cant cleanse it quick enough.
    Last edited by Tengri; 11-18-2013 at 12:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    Mass Betrayal, Traitorous Influence, and the drain itself. Mass betrayal can kill your mana if dps continues spamming and you cant cleanse it quick enough.
    Does the heal from talented cleanse proc mass betreyal/traitorous influence too?
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  9. #9
    General of Telara Dahliablood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Or be like Devakk and hump the pillars in KR and mana regen then.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    Or be like Devakk and hump the pillars in KR and mana regen then.
    I'm always glued to the pillar and use my reverent supplication whenever I have even just a second to spare. But I get a lot of focus so it's kind of hard to find the spare time when someone is draining you dry at the same time.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  11. #11
    Champion Tengri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    Or be like Devakk and hump the pillars in KR and mana regen then.
    Those pillars love me all over them, they call me all the time asking for more.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    transference

  13. #13
    Rift Master zoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Dat sig man

  14. #14
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zoar View Post
    Dat sig man
    Mine?

    Yes I know, lots of grammar errors, make the grammar **** very very angry.
    Not changing it since the maximum of line is 5 and I can't fit my failwhale in the maximum.
    That sig is as old as the game and back then you could have a very large sig.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  15. #15
    Rift Master zoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Mine?

    Yes I know, lots of grammar errors, make the grammar **** very very angry.
    Not changing it since the maximum of line is 5 and I can't fit my failwhale in the maximum.
    That sig is as old as the game and back then you could have a very large sig.
    Its just big. I'm the last person to ***** about grammar and spelling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts