+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Can you do something reasonably useful with our CQ marks when you phase them out

Default Can you do something reasonably useful with our CQ marks when you phase them out

Like turn them into infinity stones?

That would be useful.

In the interest of persuasion, here is a picture of a corgi on a swing

Can you do something reasonably useful with our CQ marks when you phase them out-tumblr_lvphjn2xpr1qzs6oc.gif
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Why not convert them into the next form of Conquest Mark?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Default ......

because that would give those of us who have been capped for like a YEAR an unfair advantage against the f2p and stream folks, trion aint got time for all the QQ they will receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Why not convert them into the next form of Conquest Mark?
    Do you just not get how MMO's tend to work?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    They did it last time from the classic marks to Freelancers marks.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Do you not understand the conceptual difference of this and what you mentioned in the OP? Which begs my original question.

Anyway, I'm done asking questions I know the answer to. Spoiler alert for everyone who enters this thread:

Your CQ marks will be meaningless when the new CQ comes out outside of what they already can purchase.

Hope that doesn't ruin it for anyone.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Do you not understand the conceptual difference of this and what you mentioned in the OP? Which begs my original question.

Anyway, I'm done asking questions I know the answer to. Spoiler alert for everyone who enters this thread:

Your CQ marks will be meaningless when the new CQ comes out outside of what they already can purchase.

Hope that doesn't ruin it for anyone.
    I see your point, yes, but they've 'compensated' us in the past, why wouldn't they do that now? They refunded ALL the mercenary gear and gave you enough favor for the freelancer gear (which is huge if you think about it), you'd think they'd let us change our marks.

I see your point, yes, but they've 'compensated' us in the past, why wouldn't they do that now? They refunded ALL the mercenary gear and gave you enough favor for the freelancer gear (which is huge if you think about it), you'd think they'd let us change our marks.
    Who knows, maybe they will.

I just doubt it. That was a change that prevented people from dropping below baseline. Either way you slice this CQ, everyone will be at an equal footing if its a new currency. Opposed to people in half merc gear while it got phased out, that is like losing progression. That is the difference.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

they didn't do so immediately.
    it took a lot of QQ from players saying they couldn't buy the old CQ gear any more (such as the CQ focus, or the CQ trinket which upgraded to the BiS trinket).
    took a while, but they eventually added the vouchers that allowed two way transfer of CQ marks.

they *might* do the same this time, but I wouldn't expect it or try holding my breath until they do it.
    its the same deal as with freelancer/warlord marks not able to be used to purchase warlord/myrmidon marks (or currency potions working on myrmidon marks).
    they want to gate access to the new gear, control how long it takes a player to get the new gear.
    if they allow upgrading marks, it wont be until a critical mass of players already have the new gear. they'll likely also increase the drop rate of new marks at this point so newer players can catch up faster.

I would like to see old marks/currencies made a bit more useful. perhaps allow them to be converted to credits for use on the rift store. or maybe into world even currencies (glass beads/unique snowflakes/ect)
    the idea of adding new items for purchase with the old currency, when the old currency is discontinued, wont fly, because it means newer players will never be able to access those items. MMOs in general will always support newer players over old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

They said they were going to wipe that currency at 2.5. So the day before 2.5 went live I spent what I had to upgrade something other than what I had really wanted and was SO close to getting (required just under currency cap). Then the way they wiped the currency wasn't to get rid of it or from making more of it but they wiped the way to spend it! Now I can't upgrade 2 pieces, I have all Warlord pieces now (not by credits except for rune extractor kits) except for the 3 weapon slots that can't be equipped until PR80 anyway. So at PR74 all I can do now, until PR80, is get enough Favor and Warlord Marks to buy the 3 Warlord Empowered Cells and bank them until I am PR80. Six PR levels from now! Now I can't progress my character at all, since I can't upgrade my Trinket and Seal until they fix things. Boring! So I hope they get a move on so I can upgrade that Seal and Trinket while grinding from PR74 to PR80!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    They said they were going to wipe that currency at 2.5. So the day before 2.5 went live I spent what I had to upgrade something other than what I had really wanted and was SO close to getting (required just under currency cap). Then the way they wiped the currency wasn't to get rid of it or from making more of it but they wiped the way to spend it! Now I can't upgrade 2 pieces, I have all Warlord pieces now (not by credits except for rune extractor kits) except for the 3 weapon slots that can't be equipped until PR80 anyway. So at PR74 all I can do now, until PR80, is get enough Favor and Warlord Marks to buy the 3 Warlord Empowered Cells and bank them until I am PR80. Six PR levels from now! Now I can't progress my character at all, since I can't upgrade my Trinket and Seal until they fix things. Boring! So I hope they get a move on so I can upgrade that Seal and Trinket while grinding from PR74 to PR80!
    there was never any warlord trinket or seal prior to 2.5.
    every P90 player still has the freelancer trinket/seal.
    weapons were always a tier ahead of the armour (P70 to start buying the armour, P80 to access the weapons).

2.5 introduced the new trinket/seal, but not the means to upgrade to them (yet).
    Last edited by Kronos v; 11-17-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

When are they supposed to be phased out anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    there was never any warlord trinket or seal prior to 2.5.
    every P90 player still has the freelancer trinket/seal.
    weapons were always a tier ahead of the armour (P70 to start buying the armour, P80 to access the weapons).

2.5 introduced the new trinket/seal, but not the means to upgrade to them (yet).
    Before 2.5 I needed 4.8k Marks of Conquest plus 100k Favor to upgrade my Trinket (to the Purple upgrade). That was the currency they were going to "wipe" but instead they wiped the way to spend that currency! I can not upgrade my Rigerunner's Empowered Orb trinket until they fix things.

The same situation exists for the same reasons (different prices but same currency issues) for my Mercenary's Seal. I can't upgrade it until they fix things.

ALL that I can do at the moment until they fix things is accumulate (three times) the 95k Favor plus 2.4k Warlord Marks that I need for each Warlord Empowered Cell for the 3 weapon slots and bank them since I can't equip the Warlord weapons until PR80 (but I'm just PR74, so that will be a while and during that time the way things currently are I can not progress my character by upgrading the Seal and Trinket because there is no way at all to buy the upgrades! So I hope they get a move on and fix that!)

Because I had to spend Marks of Conquest on a lesser upgrade than what I had planned on doing, because of the currency issue and to avoid being unable to use that currency at all since it was supposed to be wiped when 2.5 went live, I ended up with a surplus of that currency and less stats progression than I would otherwise have gotten by now! I had very carefully planned out my progression all along, starting from the moment I turned PR60 and gave $100 to Trion for the then new Freelancer gear etc., and I'm not ticked but I'm not pleased at this situation and I'm wanting it fixed so I can upgrade my Seal and Trinket like was possible to do before 2.5 (yes it was!) Maybe next Hotfix, because I'm 33% into PR74 and time's a wasting!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Considering I've never earned any, I'd love for marks to be as valuable as possible when I get there.

He is the guy who said dolin was meant to be tanked by a rogue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast