+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mercenary Consumables being wasted?

Champion

Default Mercenary Consumables being wasted?

Used Mercenary consumables on chest,legs,feet,and main hand...They disappeared faster than I thought. Its ok...I probably played more than the 5 hours that I have them on CD(thanks to PA), even though I know I only played at work for a max of 2 hours.

Reapplied them all plus a recon vial and I went into a WF...Next thing I notice everything but the recon vial is up...WTF....Are they purgeable now or is there a bug?
    Last edited by Gnut; 11-17-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    Used Mercenary consumables on chest,legs,feet,and main hand...They disappeared faster than I thought. Its ok...I probably played more than the 5 hours that I have them on CD(thanks to PA), even though I know I only played at work for a max of 2 hours.

Reapplied them all plus a recon vial and I went into a WF...Next thing I notice everything but the recon vial is up...WTF....Are they purgeable now or is there a bug?
    Are you sure you're paying attention to the timer on your consumables? They last as long as they state. I've never had any wear off sooner than they should have.

If you're afking in the game, they're still going to countdown.

There might be a bug, but if so it also affects the cd's on buffs too (not just potions).

Try this, do it a few times to get an average.

Cast a buff that has a 1 hour cd. Then, fast as you can, select to quit the game immediately. Wait a few minutes and log back in, hover your mouse over that buff and see how much time remains on it.

Then cast the same buff again. Now log out to the character screen and THEN quit the game. Wait a few minutes and log back in, hover your mouse over that buff and see how much time remains on it.

See the difference in how much buff decay occurs?

I think quitting the game without logging to the character selection screen always causes more decay of the buff, and might also cause that decay to be quite large sometimes. Sort of like just disabling the internet connection does (but not as badly). But it affects all buff cd's the same amount of decay, not one more than the other.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

Are you wearing the gear? The buff only appears on your buff bar when you wear the items with the consumable.

If you just disconnect, you will see all consumables do continue to age. I run all the PvP ones and I will see even 5 hour buffs go to zero if I just quit in a zone. The /camp is the only way to stop it afaik.

I think Trion needs to fix that, should be obvious when your not online...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    If you just disconnect, you will see all consumables do continue to age. I run all the PvP ones and I will see even 5 hour buffs go to zero if I just quit in a zone. The /camp is the only way to stop it afaik.

I think Trion needs to fix that, should be obvious when your not online...
    Hmm, I been running these consumables since 50 and never ran into this. I mean, I been playing my cleric a ton lately - so on my rogue I've had some moments where my 5 hour consumables last 4 days or so. Sometimes I log, sometimes I 'exit', sometimes I'm in a home city/rested area, sometimes I am in the middle of the world. Can't say I log out in any consistent manner.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Hmm, I been running these consumables since 50 and never ran into this. I mean, I been playing my cleric a ton lately - so on my rogue I've had some moments where my 5 hour consumables last 4 days or so. Sometimes I log, sometimes I 'exit', sometimes I'm in a home city/rested area, sometimes I am in the middle of the world. Can't say I log out in any consistent manner.
    Most of the time its about 15-30 minutes without camping. Dying after exiting seems to cause the full loss. This happens when I dump out near pathing mobs. It's partly my fault for not camping someplace safe, but the server should still see I am logged out after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I have not noticed Mercenary consumables disappearing, but I have had prestige and favor vials disappear within 10-15 minutes of applying them. Took me three tickets and a conversation with a GM to get it straightened out.

They checked the logs, can't remember if they checked for the buffs or how much favor/prestige I should have received, but they acknowledged there was an error. They sent me new vials, and the issue has not resurfaced.

Open a ticket.

+ Reply to Thread