+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best classes for pvp?

Soulwalker

Default best classes for pvp?

i havent played this game in ages what are the best classes for pvp right now?

Mei

61 Warlock
    Fluent

They're all playable. As ever, healers generally have the biggest say about how the match is going to go, thus clerics and chloros are very strong, so I'd go with cleric or mage.

Actually I lie, I'd go mage because their variety is really enjoyable. Doms can do tons of influence a fight too, in some cases more than a healer can. Then you have access to a million neat tricks.....I like mages a lot. High skill cap though, gotta be able to work that squish and kite/evade like a champion if you get focused. Unless you're a chloro I guess.

Soulwalker

is there any guides to mage lvling / pvp specs?

also is there any way to transfer my character from 2011?
    Last edited by cooldoggie; 11-16-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldoggie View Post
    is there any guides to mage lvling / pvp specs?

also is there any way to transfer my character from 2011?
    Plenty of guides here. Go to mage forums. You may be better off asking around from the noticibly good mages in WFs though, they can often give better insight than the people doing the forum postings imho.

Yeah, you can transfer over. Log in on that account silly. ;p

From a solo queue perspective and well geared:
    If you like intense fighting, Paragon and Sin for melee. If you like kiting MM and Ranger for dps Bard for heals/support. For strategic ranged dps MM, Ranger, Inquisitor and Pyro. For strategic utility Dominator and Archon however MM can also do a lot to shut down healers or linked dps. For AoE in PvP I like Tactician and Pyro( there are better AoE mage specs but when someone gets in your face, Pyro can just go ST and defend themselves).

For heals, single target I like Defiler. For AoE heals Tactician pumps more numbers than Bard in the right conditions but I do more with Bard the majority of the time. Chloro is a decent healer but they don't do well alone. Many people will talk down on Warden but as a kite that won't stay near the safety of a group, I like being able to kite through AoE heals for maintenance.

All other souls are pretty much niche and many AoE souls are not good without well coordinated raid. I don't think ST dps is the only way to go, but day in and day out, they are far more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Champion

WoS Rog!!!!

Rogues and Clerics are pretty sexy.

But you can be leet with any calling. Bottom line - play what you enjoy the most and you will probably make the most of it compared to the others.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread