+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Orbs in Whitefall

  1. #1
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default Orbs in Whitefall

    They been broken over a year. If you guys can manage to release a new zone every week this holiday season I am pretty sure you can manage to make a green orb heal you and a blue orb make you run when holding a stone.

    This is nothing short of laziness. It's so small it feels like a joke to make a thread about this. But leaving them broken for over a year hoping someone with an eye for the obviously broken would fix it didn't work.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  2. #2
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    They been broken over a year. If you guys can manage to release a new zone every week this holiday season I am pretty sure you can manage to make a green orb heal you and a blue orb make you run when holding a stone.

    This is nothing short of laziness. It's so small it feels like a joke to make a thread about this. But leaving them broken for over a year hoping someone with an eye for the obviously broken would fix it didn't work.

    Plot twist: You're just color blind.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    72

    Default

    And give us our ports back while running stones. There's enough pulls/snares/roots/stuns to counter this. Makes it so much more entertaining. I miss ctf wf with rs. Aaaahhh memories....
    ~wheeelz@seastone
    <cult>

  4. #4
    Rift Master Guyjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Only noobs use the orbs in Whitefall.
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

  5. #5
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyjax View Post
    Only noobs use the orbs in Whitefall.

    I think the red orb should be in the dead center of the map so that people won't be such softies about hitting the middle at the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by thechair View Post
    And give us our ports back while running stones. There's enough pulls/snares/roots/stuns to counter this. Makes it so much more entertaining. I miss ctf wf with rs. Aaaahhh memories....
    This, imo, just shows that they don't use hindsight very much or adjust their game as times change. When those nerfs to RS running for WF were made, the map was completely different in nature. RS's had an additional 20m port that didn't require a target. The RS tree was not nerfed defensively. Pulls were not abundant. People didn't have roots that don't break on damage. Snares were on a DR.

    The game is just so different now. It makes me sad, they let pvp wither away without ever polishing it up time to time like it needs to be. That type of effort is minuscule to the stuff they push out every couple weeks.

    Just like RS's can't even use their scatter the shadows. It used to drop flags and disable objective interaction because it made you immune to all damage. Well, its been 90% dmg reduction for a year+ now and yet, it still is treated like it was when it was a raw immunity. Again, laziness and lack of hindsight used to move forward. That sums up PvP unfortunately.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-16-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  6. #6
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I think the red orb should be in the dead center of the map so that people won't be such softies about hitting the middle at the start.
    We hit the middle at the start, just some of us queue late and are stuck buffing... and buffing and buffing while the first push goes out.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    edit:



    Same reason you can port with objectives with the NB port and not the RS port. It was a new ability added after the RS one. Simply too lazy to remember to bring it in line in functionality with the others. If they'd hire one person at Trion with OCD, their game would improve 10-fold.

    Just wish they would take some time and little consideration to polish up loose ends and conceptual flaws of their PvP. Give it some consistency and make it look like you put more effort into it than a highschool project. There would be red marks all over this test because of how flawed it is. Re-study, try it again. I guess this is ushering the generation of laziness, didn't expect it to hit corporate levels so fast though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-16-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thechair View Post
    And give us our ports back while running stones. There's enough pulls/snares/roots/stuns to counter this. Makes it so much more entertaining. I miss ctf wf with rs. Aaaahhh memories....
    Seems a lot do maybe they could bring back the old one for special weekend runs but the porting wont that was really broke back at launch

  9. #9
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If they'd hire one person at Trion with OCD, their game would improve 10-fold.
    OCD people have this nasty habit of insisting they get paid for their work.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser JackSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I think the red orb should be in the dead center of the map so that people won't be such softies about hitting the middle at the start.
    Are you trying to make the bads worse? Hey look, there's a buff in the middle of the map, I'm going to overextend from all my healers to- "Violacea has gotten first blood"
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85
    If you need me, I'm on archeage now. Blight, on Inoch.
    Scratch that, it would be Blight on Thunderwing now, but I quit AA so I'm back as Lockshock on Vigil

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Gamma Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Same reason you can port with objectives with the NB port and not the RS port. It was a new ability added after the RS one. Simply too lazy to remember to bring it in line in functionality with the others. If they'd hire one person at Trion with OCD, their game would improve 10-fold.
    Funny enough, the Shaman's lunge ability was disabled by stones up until a few months ago, when enough reports got it changed to being treated as a lunge instead of a TP. There seems to be very little consistency, there.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

  12. #12
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Funny enough, the Shaman's lunge ability was disabled by stones up until a few months ago, when enough reports got it changed to being treated as a lunge instead of a TP. There seems to be very little consistency, there.
    They just aimed at a single mechanic rather than a concept when they did the stones nerf. So it was lazy to begin with. They didn't consider things like Retreat, or other things that serve as useful as a port just don't mechanically work like one. I mean, when the new MM weapon enchantment (lvl 57) came out, it double proc'd damage shields unlike the prior one before SL. There is just no consistency checks when they add in abilities or adjust abilities it seems. Like I exampled before, same reason ports were all disabled but the brand new SL NB port was never disabled. etc etc.

    I guess it isn't much to ask, that they just go back into their WF's to tie up the loose ends and polish it a bit. Can never put too much emphasis on a well polished product. It's the small inconsistencies and apparent user flaws that make it look cheap and unprofessional. I always thought a game should be like a school text book - it should be damn near IMPOSSIBLE to spot errors if the creator/author did their job well. Every single T crossed and I dotted is what keeping these small things in check that I mention, is all about.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  13. #13
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    They just aimed at a single mechanic rather than a concept when they did the stones nerf. So it was lazy to begin with. They didn't consider things like Retreat, or other things that serve as useful as a port just don't mechanically work like one. I mean, when the new MM weapon enchantment (lvl 57) came out, it double proc'd damage shields unlike the prior one before SL. There is just no consistency checks when they add in abilities or adjust abilities it seems. Like I exampled before, same reason ports were all disabled but the brand new SL NB port was never disabled. etc etc.

    I guess it isn't much to ask, that they just go back into their WF's to tie up the loose ends and polish it a bit. Can never put too much emphasis on a well polished product. It's the small inconsistencies and apparent user flaws that make it look cheap and unprofessional. I always thought a game should be like a school text book - it should be damn near IMPOSSIBLE to spot errors if the creator/author did their job well. Every single T crossed and I dotted is what keeping these small things in check that I mention, is all about.
    Personally I enjoy your QQ because it tackles the base mechanics of MMOs, the industry, and the sacrifices(lazy) they make to keep a product going. Take the logistics industry for instance.... this time of year (holidays) they are so swamped that packages are thrown and broken all over the warehouse. They don't care because it means their jobs so long as they get the packages out on time to the majority of customers. Those who have worked on the inside, or had their packages broken/delayed tell it like it is. You and I do that more often than not.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara Gamma Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Personally I enjoy your QQ because it tackles the base mechanics of MMOs, the industry, and the sacrifices(lazy) they make to keep a product going. Take the logistics industry for instance.... this time of year (holidays) they are so swamped that packages are thrown and broken all over the warehouse. They don't care because it means their jobs so long as they get the packages out on time to the majority of customers. Those who have worked on the inside, or had their packages broken/delayed tell it like it is. You and I do that more often than not.
    Yep. UPS destroyed a $1200 PC this way a few months ago. Those people are forced to work as fast as they can, package integrity be damned.


    Really though. Fix the friggin' orbs. I can't count how many times the green one would've saved my *** when repelling ninjas.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

  15. #15
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Really though. Fix the friggin' orbs. I can't count how many times the green one would've saved my *** when repelling ninjas.
    I've yet to have an "orb" fail to do what it intended to do. Seriously.... perhaps a poor connection?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts