+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: To mark or not to mark, that is the question...

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default To mark or not to mark, that is the question...

    Hi, all!

    On behalf of PvP healing clerics everywhere, I would like to strongly urge the dps to mark healers and only healers in a warfront.

    I've been seeing a lot of non-healer types getting marked and taking a lot of damage -- which is only mitigated and repaired by unmarked healers.

    I don't care if you think that that rogue who was killing you in the last BG is so tough he needs a special mark over his head -- DO NOT DO IT! It confuses other players and leads to them targeting the wrong people.

    Always take the healer down, first. Mark only healers.

    Marking dps, tanks, etc. in PvP is just silly. You could be spending that time identifying clerics, chloromancers, and bards.

    Please make a note of it, pass it on, and PvP will go swimmingly from here on out -- I hope.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    I always mark myself with the big green heal + sign, so my teams healers know who to heal.

    sometimes no name merced trolls switch it from me to an enemy, even though our teams heals don't work on the enemies. can get pretty frustrating having to constantly switch it back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Assuming they read the forums...

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    If you are against a team with a dom and said dom is not marked and killed accordingly you will have many unhappy healers. Also marking and tank with an avoid sign works well to get PvE hero's to not attack them. Marking in most cases is situational as is any ways.
    Oh hello deary!
    Doubtfire@Wolfsbane (90 Cleric)
    Doubtfail@Wolfsbane (gimp rogue)

  5. #5
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    i throw a green cross up on anyone who is annoying me in a wf. purgebot mm's get it all the time and that cross is like a dps magnet, everyone tunnels on that **** until it dies. ****ing hilarious.

    don't purge me bro.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  6. #6
    Rift Master Guyjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I always mark myself with the big green heal + sign, so my teams healers know who to heal.

    sometimes no name merced trolls switch it from me to an enemy, even though our teams heals don't work on the enemies. can get pretty frustrating having to constantly switch it back.
    You can put whatever sign you want on yourself, I don't heal tanks.

    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

  7. #7
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    No one hits healers I mark, so who cares. On the other hand, I've been a marked rogue so I'll agree with you.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Sure lets throw the marks on clerics... those classes with the second best CC and defensive cool downs.

    Personally I mark mages with shamrocks and the occasional annoying bard who knows how to CC.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Wow the standard of play really has dropped - healers, especially the good ones are *often* the very last person you want (read: will be able to) kill.

    Static marks on healers (especially more than one mark) is generally a pretty ****ty idea.

    Keep up the goodwork though - beating on the 40k HP chloro, or the sent with 2 breakfrees, a run speed, a pacify and the inclincation to blow all their CDs on themselves, and wonder why you get nowhere.

    Remember kiddos when attacking a healer - they can't LoS themselves, they will always be receiving heals (at least from themself), generally stack end because morons like yourself love beating on them, run defensive trees like justicar as their subsouls, be able to force you out of position easily away from your healers etc etc. The list goes on as to why prioritising healers - simply because they're healing - is a terrible idea.

  10. #10
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Wow the standard of play really has dropped - healers, especially the good ones are *often* the very last person you want (read: will be able to) kill.

    Static marks on healers (especially more than one mark) is generally a pretty ****ty idea.

    Keep up the goodwork though - beating on the 40k HP chloro, or the sent with 2 breakfrees, a run speed, a pacify and the inclincation to blow all their CDs on themselves, and wonder why you get nowhere.

    Remember kiddos when attacking a healer - they can't LoS themselves, they will always be receiving heals (at least from themself), generally stack end because morons like yourself love beating on them, run defensive trees like justicar as their subsouls, be able to force you out of position easily away from your healers etc etc. The list goes on as to why prioritising healers - simply because they're healing - is a terrible idea.
    they also can't heal anything but themselves when i'm beating on them. if there is one healer at the fight and i'm the only person on them, no one else on the opposing team is going to be getting heals, so i am gonna assume the rest of the dps on my team is actually going to kill stuff.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  11. #11
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    There's a lot of DPS you should definitely kill before the healer. It's rare, but they exist.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    they also can't heal anything but themselves when i'm beating on them. if there is one healer at the fight and i'm the only person on them, no one else on the opposing team is going to be getting heals, so i am gonna assume the rest of the dps on my team is actually going to kill stuff.
    Like I said bad players will be bad and the calibre of rift has dropped something crazy - but keep thinking you're playing well - I won't stop to tell you otherwise again.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guyjax View Post
    You can put whatever sign you want on yourself, I don't heal tanks.

    reaver/tempest (Temper? reampest?) is more consistent burst than tempagon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  14. #14
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Like I said bad players will be bad and the calibre of rift has dropped something crazy - but keep thinking you're playing well - I won't stop to tell you otherwise again.
    lol yea that defiler who has ugly up and links on the best dps on his team definitely needs to be ignored. why make him blow his best cd in 5 seconds after i unstealth? i'll ignore him instead.

    words of wisdom from pvp pro hikos.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    lol yea that defiler who has ugly up and links on the best dps on his team definitely needs to be ignored. why make him blow his best cd in 5 seconds after i unstealth? i'll ignore him instead.

    words of wisdom from pvp pro hikos.
    Hahahaahahahahahaha.

    Keep trying to justify your ******ed "beat on the healers or else" mentality and I'll keep ****ting on any team you're on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts