+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: PvP?

Soulwalker

Default PvP?

I am not the best pvper, lets get that outta the way first. Im not that bad though, probly about middle of the pack in skill but I do know how and when to complete objectives. My problem right now is I lose...ALOT!!! My records for the last week have been 1-11, 3-14, 1-7, 2-10, 4-20, 0-20(yes 0 wins, ZERO!!), and 4-15(thats wins-losses). Its hard for one single person to cause a loss but even if I did happen to cause some losses from my noobness, these numbers make no sense. I have mostly freelancer gear(rank 55) and I play rogue, sab, sometimes bard. I don't know what the problem is but any help would be awesome. Im so sick of losing so much. If it keeps up like this I will probly move on to a new game. I have asked in-game every time im on if anyone knows of a pvp guild or group of players and get no answer. So, if you are hiding out there, hi.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zedlin View Post
    I am not the best pvper, lets get that outta the way first. Im not that bad though, probly about middle of the pack in skill but I do know how and when to complete objectives. My problem right now is I lose...ALOT!!! My records for the last week have been 1-11, 3-14, 1-7, 2-10, 4-20, 0-20(yes 0 wins, ZERO!!), and 4-15(thats wins-losses). Its hard for one single person to cause a loss but even if I did happen to cause some losses from my noobness, these numbers make no sense. I have mostly freelancer gear(rank 55) and I play rogue, sab, sometimes bard. I don't know what the problem is but any help would be awesome. Im so sick of losing so much. If it keeps up like this I will probly move on to a new game. I have asked in-game every time im on if anyone knows of a pvp guild or group of players and get no answer. So, if you are hiding out there, hi.
    just play mm because it's op and you will win games.

beside objectives, your choice of specs is the most impact you have on a random wf.

Lets say you are a Rogue, go Bard if you dont have one allready and stay with your team, if you play Mage take some time to learn a Dom spec. and drain stun healers/dds if they hit your healers or Chloro even if your team has enough heals. If you dont want to "Support" go MM/inqui and Purge healers like a mad man...for an example

You have a lot of options in Rift beside goin dps. But even if you use that take some time to understand /learn how the Objectives work. For example, Black Garden - stay close to the middle with the fang, if you can, for more points, Codex - you need the Codex point and 1 other to win or all 3 other points, etc..

In the end, if you are new to Rift pvp dont go out and try win something on your own, stay with your team and support them as much as you can
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by The B Man View Post
    just play mm because it's op.
    not sure if serious....,, MM and OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Soulwalker

I know how to do the objectives in each warfront. The biggest problem is the teams im on are getting completely destroyed. I did 2 whitefall steppes matches, the first I was defiant, team got total 0 kills. Second match guardian, team got total 1 kill.

Plane Walker

Are you level 60? If not, I'd try a different time of the day/week.

Plane Touched

The sole reason you are losing is simply due to you selecting a class that is 100% infested with nothing by leechers and roaches that does nothing but hinder their own team ability to compete.

The only course of action you can take is delete your toon and redo but something tells me you dug your own grave and deserve to be where you are.

WoS Rogs love to lose.

-Delhetorve

Rift Disciple

It's heavy gear based FREE mmorpg, if u don't PAY or grind the gear, u'll suffer A LOT.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Spatakus View Post
    It's heavy gear based FREE mmorpg, if u don't PAY or grind the gear, u'll suffer A LOT.
    what ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zedlin View Post
    Word of the day....premades. join one or be farmed, that's the answer you will get on this board. Or l2p. Since trion does not care about PvP, it will probably not change for awhile. Just remember to send in-game feedback, about what you don't like.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Rift Chaser

when you lose one game don't join another for 3,4 min. You will avoid noob ppl

Don't listen to this garbage ^^ Trion has narrowed the gear gap to almost nothing.

It's really about playing a viable PvP spec and knowing what you're doing. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Don't listen to this garbage ^^ Trion has narrowed the gear gap to almost nothing.

It's really about playing a viable PvP spec and knowing what you're doing. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

OTHERWISE!!!!11!!1!1!!!!

wait.....

ohnoes...
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Soulwalker

lawl

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

Ascendant

P90
    Hmm.......

Skill is > gear - you should work on improving the following things before focusing too hard on the gear aspect;

1. Proper PvP spec - most important thing. Look around the forums or ask people who do well in warfronts if you are uncertain. Depending on playstyle, you will want a mix of utility/damage/defensibility. Do not overdo utility or defensibility unless you have a good reason though - if you are playing DPS, you must be able to kill people! There are two kinds of DPS specs - those capable of killing/seriously pressuring a healer and those which are not. If you are the latter, you must have a very good reason to justify your existence.

2. Proper control - mouse turning with left hand on keyboard. Using this setup and sensible keybinds, you will increase your output and manoeuvrability significantly.

3. Know when to push and when to retreat - no sense dying fruitlessly. Pull back before death if possible (and conversely, don't be afraid to sacrifice yourself if it can aid your eventual victory). Try not to overextend and be mindful of healer positions (yours and your enemy's).

4. Good internet connection and graphic setup - high FPS and low ping are great advantages.

5. Experience - learn how to handle different specs/setups/etc. Learn to be comfortable and confident under pressure.

And stuff.

Gear is a very significant factor (though not as much as it has been recently) despite what biased max rank people may tell you, but the above are all more important. Sometimes you will lose due to inferior gear though, and that is simply the nature of the beast.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast