+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fix Your Game Pt. II

Ascendant

Default Fix Your Game Pt. II

Lag, lag, lag, laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. That's all I see whenever I login every few days to do a WF.

I am tired of getting my 9th kill and then having the game say 30 seconds later "Mrthiuss is Unstoppable."

I am tired of throwing an interrupt only to see by the time it went off the target is dead.

I cannot time my burst, it's impossible because of the LAG.

I am tired of trying to time my retreat only to see I am already dead thanks to LAG.

This is the worst I have ever seen the ability lag in Rift in 3 years.

No, it's not on my end. My ping is always 60-80, so it's not that.

Fix your game before even more people quit.

Gtz

This what happens when Trion start cutting corners, down sizing, firing the well payed experienced veterans or moving just them to other projects and leaving Rift with some scrubs that are fresh out of college working for little pay and have little to no experience.

(none of what I just said is based on actual facts.)

Welcome to the last 3 weeks for EU, its all good now though
    Last edited by kronor; 11-15-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Lag....I'll run this one around the block.

Just because you have fine ping doesn't mean it isn't on your end. You could have terrible packet loss and fine ping, and feel like you are playing with ping 3x higher than what you have.

Rift itself is lagging a lot though lately, I wish the game had a packet loss meter as well as latency. But, even on the worst of laggy days, it isn't even a fraction of what you just described for me.

But lag has been more prevalent in the game since...*whoa*....they merged clusters!

/recalls threads of people saying "lol just merge clusters already" with no concept of hardware limitations. This is why clueless people suck. They yell at you for one thing, then yell for another, without even realizing their first wish pretty much paved way for their second complaint. So ZZZZ at all these lag threads. This is what the community asked for, and due to high demand it seems like Trion did it the second they thought they could pull it off. Key word being thought. As evidence of lag being higher since the merge in general they were not ready and should have left the clusters un-merged.

That or hopefully they upgrade the servers since they have to deal with it now. I remember feeling like I was playing a new game when SoE decided to finally upgrade their servers after an eternity - even prompted entire guilds to change servers because new hardware was that good. Pretty sure Trion has cash to spare. It's just dumb, MMO companies need to get their crap together when it comes to lag. Unacceptable imo.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Stop making dumb threads.
    Thanks.

Plane Walker

You are worried about lag... I'm worried about blatantly OP clerics in PVP. I suppose we all have our priorities.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    You are worried about lag... I'm worried about blatantly OP clerics in PVP. I suppose we all have our priorities.
    Right... okay.

Mei

u wot
    Fluent

Yea wut.....god dam....this ****ing community....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Yoke View Post
    Yea wut.....god dam....this ****ing community....
    When an entire match is decided by who has more clerics and healers in general there is a problem. Crosshealing is insane and leads to utterly stupid gameplay.

If you can't admit that... then you either don't PVP at all or play one yourself.
    Last edited by Ranik; 11-15-2013 at 07:00 PM.

When an entire match is decided by who has more clerics and healers in general there is a problem. Crosshealing is insane and leads to utterly stupid gameplay.

If you can't admit that... then you either don't PVP at all or play one yourself.
    He plays one, that's exactly why he can't admit it. He's an inq fanboy though for obvious reasons.

"yeah man, inq so weak, buff it nao"
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    He plays one, that's exactly why he can't admit it. He's an inq fanboy though for obvious reasons.

"yeah man, inq so weak, buff it nao"
    Ah I see. I mean I thought it was common knowledge that having a lot of clerics leads to a blob of enemies you can literally not ever kill. No matter how much you focus fire it means nothing...

Makes sense that he may be biased...

Mei

Ah I see. I mean I thought it was common knowledge that having a lot of clerics leads to a blob of enemies you can literally not ever kill. No matter how much you focus fire it means nothing...

Makes sense that he may be biased...
    I'm a warrior and you're still full of ****.
    Fluent

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    I'm a warrior and you're still full of ****.
    I'm sorry but facts are facts. It takes at least 2-3 DPS to quickly kill a cleric. Multiple Clerics make this exponentially more difficult as their numbers go up.

You may not want to admit it for whatever reason, but a battle where you lose slowly is not the same as a fair fight.

Mei

I'm sorry but facts are facts. It takes at least 2-3 DPS to quickly kill a cleric. Multiple Clerics make this exponentially more difficult as their numbers go up.

You may not want to admit it for whatever reason, but a battle where you lose slowly is not the same as a fair fight.
    I may not want to "admit it" because I'm not terrible. Healers are definitely OP, but damage is about equally as OP.
    Fluent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast