+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zoar

Thread: PVP - Prestige and matchmaking

Rift Disciple

Default PVP - Prestige and matchmaking

Hi all,

want to point out that the new system is not working properly.
    My prestige rank is 64, so I can have access to Freelancer pvp set only. Join warfront and I find opponent with 70+ prestige, so they wear Warlord pvp set. And there is no way to survive 1 against 1 because of the armor/weapon they have.

Don't know if premade allow 70+ prestige to join warfront with players under 70, but it is really annoying. I can't do nothing than running back and dying every time someone with warlord set attack me.

Plus, add the macro, and you can see my toon almost istant killed by rogue assassins (that are also FASTER than my toon, so can't escape).

Please fix it.

The new matchmaking system is based off individual player skill not gear item level or rank if im not mistaken.

Each player has an unseen elo rating that puts them in groups based on how to best balance a warfront and its teams.

So either you suck and are the one that better players are teaming up with to carry your team, or you are really good for your gear level and are being matched with equal skill players.
    Last edited by zoar; 11-15-2013 at 03:39 PM.

This Elo rating is based off of the nude pics you send of yourself to Trion. Your pics are rated by a panel of 5 anonymous Trion employee judges and your total score is your elo rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Division View Post
    This Elo rating is based off of the nude pics you send of yourself to Trion. Your pics are rated by a panel of 5 anonymous Trion employee judges and your total score is your elo rating.
    No wonder im getting grouped with baddies....

Any advice to up my elo?

Quote Originally Posted by zoar View Post

Any advice to up my elo?
    Photoshop or I will grab a photographer to take some of us together.

Quote Originally Posted by Division View Post
    Photoshop or I will grab a photographer to take some of us together.
    [Insert witty male sexual comment here]

If 20 players are queue. If 5 decide to premade. If all of them are rank high and the rest of the 15 are low rank. they can very well be faced off against low ranked players. It pools from whoever is online and attempts to match them up. To an extreme so you can understand. If all 5 players were rank 10000 that premaded and the rest were rank 100 it will be those 5 rank 10000 + 5 rank 100 vs. 10 rank 100 since that is all that was online to match them against. Get it??? The matchmaking system is not really working and it only really works if everyone premaded. It would work better if no premades or if everyone was forced to premade. That is how i see it working.. at least for me.

Soulwalker

You can be a fresh lvl 60 with p10 and get stuck fighting a full p90 rank team so dont ******** people by saying they have a rating system.

Any advice to up my elo?
    1. Play with people better than you are.
    2. Talk with said elo and up your knowledge on other classes/specs and their capabilities.
    3. Take one spec and learn to own that spec, get REALLY good at it. Branch out after you've got one down.
    4. Realize that kills and dps out does not = a win. Tunnel objectives effectively to win more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfa View Post
    1. Play with people better than you are.
    2. Talk with said elo and up your knowledge on other classes/specs and their capabilities.
    3. Take one spec and learn to own that spec, get REALLY good at it. Branch out after you've got one down.
    4. Realize that kills and dps out does not = a win. Tunnel objectives effectively to win more often.
    Thank you, ill do my best.

Thank you, ill do my best.
    Then you will get better, I have every faith in you.

Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread