+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Valkorian
  • 1 Post By HomeAwayFromHome
  • 1 Post By Valkorian

Thread: What level do warriors work correctly?

Shadowlander

Default What level do warriors work correctly?

At what level are warriors scaling correctly? And are they ever going to be fixed so that lower level pvp is fun for non-warriors?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xxio View Post
    At what level are warriors scaling correctly? And are they ever going to be fixed so that lower level pvp is fun for non-warriors?
    Things are typically balanced at max level. Lower levels are temporary becaus you level decently fast in this game. It gets better at max level.

Rift Disciple

There is no reason tranquility & shifting blades should be critting for over 4k in the level 30 pvp bracket...

Shield of Telara

In the 30-39 bracket they are not getting critical hits for 4K+ unless of course you can provide proof? Which I doubt.

It's the Warriors in the late 20 brackets and 30-39 brackets that are getting high crit damage on Tranquility and Shifting Blades, yes. But in the 40-49 bracket you'll notice straight away that it balances out pretty much straight up. You'll then start noticing Cleric ( healers ) being ******ed and even with the increased DPS burst on a Paragon with Tranq + Shifting Blades, Cleric Healers won't be one shotted or killed instantly, they heal through it pretty darn easy.

They only need to adjust the damage output of Tranquility on the lower ranks of that ability to suit 20-29 and 30-39, if they go over board with decreasing it then it will completely screw everything up.

Warriors are no where near over powered considering the lack of utility and defence for their "supposed" outrageous DPS burst.

Look at Pyro's and their utility and defence a long side their DPS, it's ridiculous, but either way, Pyromancers are boring as bat turd. ( Easy Mode )

any lvl in any other game
    Konstantene, Izualy, Mykee, Aristeiia.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    In the 30-39 bracket they are not getting critical hits for 4K+ unless of course you can provide proof? Which I doubt.
    I was referring to the combination of the two, I have roughly 3600hp on my Chloro at 33 and was getting instagibbed far to often yesterday. I only play her once I have all 7 pvp dailies saved up but I'll snag some shots next time I hop on her.

No one said anything when pyros were destroying everything within 40 meters with fireball and Cinderburst a low levels, but Warriors are getting the **** because they are overscaled? Forget that noise.

I'm sure they will still be pretty strong against most everything until 50 maybe. depends. If they are grabbing the Favor gear from the rift store it could definitely boost DPS. But I'm sure they will get toned down eventually.
    Last edited by MephistoOzzyForte; 11-16-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Soulwalker

Like Last year when warriors where broke as well basically by 50 it leveled off as its showing The PVE Raiders have the warrior where they want it is it helps them in the new raid dungeons so how to fix?

Why not give the abilities a certain type of damage besides ( I've never made warrior so not sure what tranquility is or is it all just strg based) either way have it cause X type of damage and then add the stat on pvp gear as in +** protection from XX damage.

Just a thought so that they don't have to nerf for there pve raiding.as a non dps healing cleric its near impossible to heal through or others for that matter

Telaran

Default If you would have titled your topic

"what level do classes work correctly?" the logical answer would be level 60. ANYTHING before that is like smoking your first hooter, or 'walking' that (straight) "white line" your first time...

...sometimes that first "high" is [EPIC] and other times it is a really, really [Bad Trip]

#TrialAndError

TL;DR we can't ALL be elitist our first time !
    Last edited by HomeAwayFromHome; 11-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    DON'T MIND ME... I'm drucking funked!!

Quote Originally Posted by HomeAwayFromHome View Post
    "what level do classes work correctly?" the logical answer would be level 60. ANYTHING before that is like smoking your first hooter, or 'walking' that (straight) "white line" your first time...

...sometimes that first "high" is [EPIC] and other times it is a really, really [Bad Trip]

#TrialAndError

TL;DR we can't ALL be elitist our first time !
    I love the message your trying to send but the problem with the majority of the game telling players "your worthless till end game" or "it doesn't get good till end game" just sets that player up for massive disappointment when they hit 60 and are awaiting that satisfaction of feeling viable, only to meet their new nemesis face to face.... the gear grind.

Shield of Telara

Couldn't agree more on that point.

Telling people that below level 60, where as it used to be below level 50, is not worth your time, not fun, unbalanced and so on. Isn't going to attract or keep players.

People who specifically PvP and will XP to level 60 via PvP will give up if they constantly get dominated by classes or soul combos in low levels that aren't fine tuned. You cannot just say to them, toughen up and get to 60. That is pathetic.

There is still quite a large market ( in my eyes ) for PvP in MMO's and especially this one. If Trion just listened, researched and stepped up to the plate, they would be surprised at the increased player base from the PvP community.

Still so much potential with Rift in its PvP side of things, they just need to get people on board who purely concentrate on that and listen and do what is obviously right. There have been tonnes of good ideas/suggestions regarding how to handle PvP but it never seems like they get noticed.

And no, I am not talking about nerfing or upgrading ideas/suggestions. I am talking about things like, separating PvE and PvP on abilities for example. Obviously it's like doing a massive over haul, understandably and you'd have to have it done all in once on all abilities or 99% before the patch went live plus extensive player testing. But, it would benefit both sides greatly and that is just one step in the _RIGHT_ direction.

We cannot just rely on PvP gear having to deal with abilities that are OP in PvP but fine in PvE. We can't just rely on Vengeance and/or Valor either. The better solution is to modify the actual abilities that affect the PvP side and definitly look at all the utilities given..

One thing I have noticed as of late is the DR and it's not just myself but I rarely see any immunity to CC after being stunned repeatedly plus frozen and disarmed within a matter of half a minute. Not complaining here as it doesn't really bother me too much but just saying.

+ Reply to Thread