+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: "matchmaking" system

Soulwalker

Default "matchmaking" system

Ok trion this is ******ed

Whatever that hidden rating of you is picking players in teams - get rid of it and bring old system back. I consider myself hardcore pvper, i leveled with pvp, i pvp in every mmo i play for 9 years now and i think im good at it.

I had about 70-80% win rate in warzones before untill recent change im CONSTANTLY being put in warzones full of DOWNS and AFKERS

At first i took is a challenge ok. but after 2-3-5-10.. a WEEK of it im getting sick. i dont play this game to carry afkers and downs in Warzones i work hard to win and i like to see myself rewarded for it by getting that WIN. But its not friggin possible with that new system of urs which obviously NOT picking up players SOLELY by prestige level.

Im sorry about rage thread but mweh i just joined 6 warzones in a ROW in middle of fight on loosing side right before complete devastated loss. It was happening before as well just NOT ALL THE FRIKIN TIME.

P.S. way to go matchmaking system. you prolly forgot to add balance teams via classes?
    http://imageshack.com/a/img703/441/qkn5.jpg

Soon cleric left we were ended with 3 warriors and 12 rogues, against team of 5 clerics 4 mages and mix of warrios rogues.

272 - 400 doesn't seem bad.

Think of it it not so much a matching system, but more of a balancing system. That means on their team, they probably had someone who's rating was equal to yours.

So unfortunately, yes, Daglar still expects you to carry his whales.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-15-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Soulwalker

No sorry screenshot was not about joining loosing team. was about class ratio that is been present at that game. before that i joined 2 codexes and 4 karthan with every base being capped on opposide side and NO way to turn anything around. THAT never happened before

Quote Originally Posted by Leongie View Post
    Ok trion this is ******ed

Whatever that hidden rating of you is picking players in teams - get rid of it and bring old system back. I consider myself hardcore pvper, i leveled with pvp, i pvp in every mmo i play for 9 years now and i think im good at it.

I had about 70-80% win rate in warzones before untill recent change im CONSTANTLY being put in warzones full of DOWNS and AFKERS

At first i took is a challenge ok. but after 2-3-5-10.. a WEEK of it im getting sick. i dont play this game to carry afkers and downs in Warzones i work hard to win and i like to see myself rewarded for it by getting that WIN. But its not friggin possible with that new system of urs which obviously NOT picking up players SOLELY by prestige level.

Im sorry about rage thread but mweh i just joined 6 warzones in a ROW in middle of fight on loosing side right before complete devastated loss. It was happening before as well just NOT ALL THE FRIKIN TIME.

P.S. way to go matchmaking system. you prolly forgot to add balance teams via classes?
    http://imageshack.com/a/img703/441/qkn5.jpg

Soon cleric left we were ended with 3 warriors and 12 rogues, against team of 5 clerics 4 mages and mix of warrios rogues.
    A lot of rogues right now, ppl flock to the op'ed classes. See a lot of them in WFs and owpvp. Trion may get a clue, sooner or later on this trends...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Soulwalker

@OP terrible post, and you are obviously not as good as you think you are.

Monday I queued into 12 games and won 2.

Last night I queued into 15 games and lost 1.

So you had a bad night and you come onto the forums to cry

that matchmaking is broken.. ffs.

Another L2play here.. Move along

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ThCkillah View Post
    @OP terrible post, and you are obviously not as good as you think you are.

Monday I queued into 12 games and won 2.

Last night I queued into 15 games and lost 1.

So you had a bad night and you come onto the forums to cry

that matchmaking is broken.. ffs.

Another L2play here.. Move along
    i appreciate ur story and im not here to say that im good. im stating my facts of "before" and "after"

You call them "warzones" therefore your argument is invalid.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    You call them "warzones" therefore your argument is invalid.
    lol sowwy too much of pvp in mmos mixed in my brain warfronts warzones battlegrounds warareas battlegames its all same shizl :P

Translation - I was a defiant on C2 and got carried to win the vast majority of my matches, which is my definition of balance. Now I have to pull my own weight... and I can't.

Interesting perspective.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Translation - I was a defiant on C2 and got carried to win the vast majority of my matches, which is my definition of balance. Now I have to pull my own weight... and I can't.

Interesting perspective.
    appreciate your opinion as well but i didnt got 60 week ago and im not going to even bother commenting on your carrying comment 1/10

Interesting perspective.
    Huh, didn't know Bloodiron was a NA shard.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Soulwalker

Interesting perspective.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4576755

that explains....
    Last edited by Leongie; 11-15-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erct657 View Post
    Huh, didn't know Bloodiron was a NA shard.
    Ya, but still...
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

No sorry screenshot was not about joining loosing team. was about class ratio that is been present at that game. before that i joined 2 codexes and 4 karthan with every base being capped on opposide side and NO way to turn anything around. THAT never happened before
    ^^ THAT is why the new matchmaking system is so often messed up. The matches are starting too soon, it doesn't have enough time to properly assemble teams. Might as well not have the new matchmaking algorithm at all since it's so often being purposefully defeated by design in that fashion. IMO they should wait longer before starting a match, tweak the balancing algorithm a little more for better class balance, and LOCK DOWN the match against late entry of players into a match except and only to replace someone who has left. I've got my patron expiration date marked on my calendar... I'm not going to pay as patron for a matchmaking system that has been purposefully sabotaged and negates the potential of the patron pots, and once used then they only last for 2 hours and they don't stop decaying unless logged off. Stop purposefully and IMO by design sabotaging the new matchmaking system!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

WF's have never made me so infuriated as they have since the cluster merge. This c2 crap really did screw up c1. Yeah there were good players there, but there was a reason I ultimately left that cluster.

THE LAST 3 WEEKS IS WHY.

I played all of storm legion fine without touching my cleric. 3 weeks merged with c2 and I've raged logged to my cleric a handful of times and have committed to getting CQ power back and leveling it so I can heal. I never heal in MMO's, this is hail mary blitz style 4th and 80 type of moves here. Drastic stuff I hope I never have to do.

Why I hope people just group more and bad players naturally get pushed away. Nobody is equal in the world, especially when it comes to ability to perform an activity/task. The lack of fun lately is stemming, for me, entirely from having piss poor team mates. I can't even get my friends to log on when good healers are on. Because, whoop-dee, now I have 1 or 2 good players, and still a team of 13 morons (more often than not). People think this is to be taken lightly or a joke - bad playing ability and skill is ruining this games PvP. It's pretty fine outside of that.

I think Randal Graves once said "This job would be awesome if it wasn't for the $#*#@ customers". Replace job with game.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-15-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast