+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By charliekelly
  • 1 Post By Caldern
  • 2 Post By Violacea

Thread: exploiters are cheaters

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default exploiters are cheaters

    Today while I was engaged in warfront Codex I noticed a number of opposing players run behind the water fall behind the flag to use an exploit where they disappear from view and then change color from red to green where they become unattackable. While they remain in the exploited hole they wait for all opposing players to leave then run out and turn the flag. When confronted with the facts they all claim its part of the game and as long as its there they will use it. I intend to post this for developers and gm's to plan to fix in following updates.
    This game is fun but when the exploits are left they give the cheats an unfair advantage over other players.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Fujitasix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    Never heard of that, but if it's true, perhaps it's time to make it a lava stream of instant death instead of a waterfall.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

  3. #3
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Thanks for the tip, can't wait to abuse this.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Publicly posting exploits.

    Pretty sure there's something about that somewhere in the rules.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Never heard of that, but if it's true, perhaps it's time to make it a lava stream of instant death instead of a waterfall.
    that sounds like an excellent solution.

    I look forward to punting sentinels into the lava stream of instant death.

    (yes, seriously, pvp needs a few of those kinds of things. the warhammer scenarios and pvp lakes that had them were lots of fun.)

    P.S. bring back fall damage!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    that sounds like an excellent solution.

    I look forward to punting sentinels into the lava stream of instant death.

    (yes, seriously, pvp needs a few of those kinds of things. the warhammer scenarios and pvp lakes that had them were lots of fun.)

    P.S. bring back fall damage!
    Huttball had acid pits and lava jets.

    Wouldn't mind a warfront or two that have environmental hazards, although there is a radical imbalance in the amount of available pulls and punts (among classes) until 3.0(I hope)

  7. #7
    Shadowlander soulreavertw99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Publicly posting exploits.

    Pretty sure there's something about that somewhere in the rules.
    Yes there is.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...uncements.html

    "Exploits and Hacks: Exploits, hacks, or any behavior that gives a player an unfair advantage are detrimental to the spirit of the game. Any posts involving hacks or exploits will be removed from the forums. If you encounter such activity, please file an in-game ticket with a GM." CM Morgana
    "some people want it happen, others wish it would happen, and others make it happen."
    Michael Jordan

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Never heard of that, but if it's true, perhaps it's time to make it a lava stream of instant death instead of a waterfall.
    Personally always thought they should change all the water in the Codex map to a void death pit for a bonus weekend. Change 'codex' point priority node to Vault and watch as fun ensues.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Publicly posting exploits.

    Pretty sure there's something about that somewhere in the rules.
    You are supposed to report it to all of your friends, not make it public.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Huttball had acid pits and lava jets.

    Wouldn't mind a warfront or two that have environmental hazards, although there is a radical imbalance in the amount of available pulls and punts (among classes) until 3.0(I hope)
    I know, I had a tankasin (pull + stun = win)

    if rift were to ever introduce something similar, I would suggest adding a friendly pull to a cleric heal soul (like the sorc had). mostly so when players QQed or raged a cleric about heals, the cleric could make his displeasure known by pulling the abusive ally to their deaths. also, it was a great tool for keeping repeat over extenders in range. if it looked like they were gonna run out, yank em back!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Actually think that's a good idea. Could also work for warrior or any soul that has a pull to be team targeted so if the team healer is being ganked a warrior could pull them out then charge into the gankers. Would promote more team play. Hopefully.

    edit - would also promote grief players unfortunately.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 11-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I know, I had a tankasin (pull + stun = win)

    if rift were to ever introduce something similar, I would suggest adding a friendly pull to a cleric heal soul (like the sorc had). mostly so when players QQed or raged a cleric about heals, the cleric could make his displeasure known by pulling the abusive ally to their deaths. also, it was a great tool for keeping repeat over extenders in range. if it looked like they were gonna run out, yank em back!
    The last thing I need is derp overextended healers using their last breath to pull me to them so they don't go down alone. I could probably use it to save people but there's way too much potential for this to be abused.

    I played my friend's warrior for a day, and I could think of many ways to grief people with the warrior pulls, and they were surprisingly effective. More warriors on my team should learn how to abuse warrior pulls, it's so great being able to control people's positioning so effectively.


    "microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts