+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: War PA Skill (Rogue) : Anathema

Default War PA Skill (Rogue) : Anathema

10% heal reduction debuff

For dps, does it make a significant difference when trying to burn a healer?

For healers, does it noticeably hamper your performance?
    Last edited by Avind; 11-13-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

It can be cleansed, it does not make or break using it or not. In pvp environments, everyone auto attaches a 10% heal debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

It's not bad but not great. Basically the 10% is to help cut down on cross-heals.

Rift Disciple

Ain't nobody has time to use this worthless debuff and it doesn't stack from different ppl.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Spatakus View Post
    Ain't nobody has time to use this worthless debuff and it doesn't stack from different ppl.
    I know right, it doesn't deal damage, how could it possibly be useful!?

I think it was cooler when it affected outgoing heals.
    Last edited by Caldern; 11-13-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Maybe if a fight is dragging out long and you want to slap something on, I don't know. I honestly haven't used the ability in forever. I don't think it is utterly useless though, just nothing to write home about. Especially when you can just play callings like NB or MM with that effect + a siphon. Anathema is majorly lacking.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Maybe if a fight is dragging out long and you want to slap something on, I don't know. I honestly haven't used the ability in forever. I don't think it is utterly useless though, just nothing to write home about. Especially when you can just play callings like NB or MM with that effect + a siphon. Anathema is majorly lacking.
    The whole proc heal debuff thing needs to go, or all the manually applied ones need a bump to 25%.

Given anathema is available to an entire calling though, regardless of spec, I think it should go back to affecting outgoing heals and stay 10%. If it was part of a specific tree, 25% incoming would be fine.

Plane Walker

I smell a "buff rouges" thread. Smells like horsedung tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    I smell a "buff rouges" thread. Smells like horsedung tbh.
    Lol no, just too lazy to try it out and wondering if it was worth the time...the tooltip doesn't seem

that exciting and apparently it isn't.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

This skill has been absolute trash ever since they swapped it from outgoing to incoming heals. Literally the most useless skill in the game, inferior to debuffs added passively by multiple souls. Well, that was until the 3rd tier of PvP PA. With the cool down reduction of 1 second, it brings it to a near broken level of op at 29 second cool down. I went ahead and slapped this in my attack macro and it's been a real game changer. Thanks for whichever Dev brought new life to an otherwise worthless skill.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    that was until the 3rd tier of PvP PA. With the cool down reduction of 1 second, it brings it to a near broken level of op at 29 second cool down. I went ahead and slapped this in my attack macro and it's been a real game changer.
    Lol

Just a little more effort trion. Lil bit.

Then again they could reduce the cd by 29 secs and its still a waste of a gcd.
    ~wheeelz@seastone
    <cult>

Quote Originally Posted by thechair View Post
    Lol

Just a little more effort trion. Lil bit.

Then again they could reduce the cd by 29 secs and its still a waste of a gcd.
    True story. I'll take a CP generator over anathema 999/1000 tyvm.

Edit: AND IT BREAKS STEALTH. There just isn't a decent time to use it.
    Last edited by Hayfa; 11-13-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    I know right, it doesn't deal damage, how could it possibly be useful!?
    I am not sure if u have ganked one healer in the middle of red dots. Roll an assassin, try this useful debuff, good luck.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Spatakus View Post
    I am not sure if u have ganked one healer in the middle of red dots. Roll an assassin, try this useful debuff, good luck.
    If I had stealth I wouldn't be jumping into the middle of a sea of red unless they are distracted.

Major epiphany, I brain farted huge and assumed that talent was a reduction to Cleanse Soul. Guess I read what I wanted instead of what it said, because I remember looking at my CD and thinking - well that didn't change it.

Duh, Anathema, how could I have forgotten. Oh wait, I nearly did forget :O.

On a side note, I hope they either throw that CD reduction to Cleanse Soul or make Anathema worth it, so that they can make the CD reduction worth it. 1s reuse increase like, hardly was major when I was heavy into raiding and min/maxing parses all day. In PvP where stuff is often more situational and not asap-top-the-parse style, reducing the CD of something 30+s by 1 second is a joke. To even honor that 'buff', I'd have to recast anathema on someone no more than 1 second before it hits what would have been its regular CD.

But hey, we got a useless buff to a useless ability. I guess it's just filler. I mean, I'd take +3 air resists over 1s CD reduction to Anathema. Real talk.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast