+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dreyloch
  • 1 Post By Tookmyjob

Thread: Need some info on this skill/ability

Plane Walker

Default Need some info on this skill/ability

Hola,

So in WF's or CQ from time to time there are 2 abilities/skills that are really annoying me. I don't really know what they are, and they don't hurt too very much (for me at least). However...One is a lightning type arc beam that seems to have no distance limit and can still tag me even when I LoS the beam?? I can jump on my mount and run half way across the frickin map and it's still tagging me? WTF? I'm sorry, that's just broken when I can use Sentry Battery and someone can LoS it stopping the channel.

The other thing that really annoys the hell out of me is spawning back into a WF or CQ and being hit by an AE DoT on someone else at the spawn point? It stops me from recasting my buffs to get back into the match. I think it may even be a Sab DoT, (which is funny being a rogue), but why is ANYTHING still proc'ing on someone after he/she has DIED and RESPAWNED!?!?!

I'm not trying to QQ here, just saying these should be checked out cause it's just not right IMO.Maybe there's other threads about these, but I haven't checked...so sue me.

The first issue sounds like lag as there's definitely a range+los to most channeled abilities. Second issue is abilities procing on the damn pets, and not yourself. THAT is indeed very annoying considering how many buffs most players have to apply before leaving spawn.

Plane Walker

Ok,

Really don't think lag is on my side. Maybe from the server? I have been killed on occasion by that one. Have to walk away and take a deep breath, knowing on my screen I shoulda been well away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyloch View Post
    Ok,

Really don't think lag is on my side. Maybe from the server? I have been killed on occasion by that one. Have to walk away and take a deep breath, knowing on my screen I shoulda been well away from it.
    That's just it. Client side you may look like you're safe and clear but server side the damage was done. This use to be a huge issue in WoW before people understood that games apply damage before healing in reverse order so when heals proc in reaction to lethal damage, the damage still takes priority and you're left with a confusing combat log.

Speaking of logs, you could benefit from using yours if this continues to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post

Speaking of logs, you could benefit from using yours if this continues to be an issue.
    aint nobody got time for that

The first part of your problem is the warrior DoT from tempest arc somethingarather. It's a DoT but has a whole animation to it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    The first part of your problem is the warrior DoT from tempest arc somethingarather. It's a DoT but has a whole animation to it.
    Ok, so a cleanse might help the situation. That makes alot more sense now knowing it's a DoT and not a channeled ability.

Ascendant

The second part is that pets keep all dots/debuffs on them when their owner respawns. If you are standing next to a pet that has an AE damage effect on them, you will be hit by it.

The warrior DoT is uncleansable I believe.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 11-14-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    The second part is that pets keep all dots/debuffs on them when their owner respawns. If you are standing next to a pet that has an AE damage effect on them, you will be hit by it.

The warrior DoT is uncleansable I believe.
    You're right; it's uncleansable. It's a dot that looks like a channeled ability when it is not.

The ability is Electricity Cascade and it is uncleansible from what you are saying, or maybe aggressive renewal from a cleric but I doubt it.

There are still abilities that hit people after death,look in your combat log and find them. I also believe if you have a pet it will maintain the dots since it technically doesn't die.
    Find what they are and either report them in a post or PM me with their names and I'll pm a dev.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    The ability is Electricity Cascade and it is uncleansible from what you are saying, or maybe aggressive renewal from a cleric but I doubt it.
    I don't know about aggressive renewal, but I know cleanse soul from the rogue war tree doesn't do it. I've had cascade stick on me after death too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfa View Post
    I don't know about aggressive renewal, but I know cleanse soul from the rogue war tree doesn't do it. I've had cascade stick on me after death too.
    Ya same, I haven't paid attention enough to Aggressive renewal though but I'm pretty sure it doesn't break on los which would mean it doesn't break on range either.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread