+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rift PvP is just flat and boring without...

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default Rift PvP is just flat and boring without...

    Rated 2v2's, 3v3's and 4v4's.

    Zerg vs zerg warfronts pretty much sums up Rift pvp...

    Why not introduce some controlled pvp scenarios where some semblance of skill would be required?

    maybe even introduce a new playerbase to rift?

    I love rift's skill tree system, graphical appeal,classes,etc. All of which i hold higher than WOW but without the structured pvp i find it hard to stay subscribed to rift for more than 1-2 months a year which sucks since i think Rift is the best themepark on the market.

    Any future plans for some controlled pvp instances in the near future or has this game gone too far down the PvE road for the community to even care?
    Last edited by LarryLove; 11-13-2013 at 08:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion R3db4ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    You could read the Forums, the answers are allready there...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    You could read the Forums, the answers are allready there...

    "PvP Improvements and Adjustments – PvP is an important part of RIFT and also one of the most contentious. A new system of matchmaking is being introduced with the goal of creating more balanced pickup battles. We are working towards having an outlet for people that want competitive ranked PvP – this system will come out as a limited live test like many of our other features have in the past. We are also lining up additional alternate warfronts and a new type of Conquest game play. PvP dimensions are still in the works and will be unleashed for your usage when they are ready. While doing this, we’re also keeping an eye on class balance for PvP and will continue to make adjustments as you have come to expect."

    ^^^^^----Like your response the above quote from the state of the game provided no answer to my actual question...

    Maybe il get lucky and someone knowledgeable on the topic will drop me a line.

  4. #4
    Champion R3db4ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Just a couple of quick updates for folks.

    Matchmaking
    Saw this release note come through last night:
    The warfront matchmaking system will attempt to match up players of similar PvP skill levels. There have also been improvements to getting groups to be included in matches regardless of size.

    5 v 5
    Just got out of a meeting with engineers and designers regarding the discussed 5 v 5 test. Work is spec'd, if things go according to plan, we'd release that during 2.5 but not at the release of 2.5. No rewards, just pure rankings for that. Also, this would be something we'd likely not leave on all the time.

    Conquest Tweaks
    Behind on this, as with many tasks that land directly on me. I have a giant pile of feedback from the last playtest to go through and implement. I still expect to have a new version out during 2.5 - but again, not on the 2.5 patch day.

    When Steppes goes live - we will be wiping Freelancer's Marks of Conquest. Gear that used to require Freelancer's Marks of Conquest will no longer require CQ marks. New marks will be awarded for new rewards.

    PvP Dimensions
    The engineer responsible for this is dealing with higher priority issues for the time being. The feature is not canceled and will not die, but won't be able to take top priority for some time.

    ~Daglar

    one example....


    adn if you would read the forums, and take a closer look at the soulsystem you would know that <5vs5 wont happen and if not in the near future
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Ugh.....arenas.....

  6. #6
    Soulwalker desimRFT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I think they will add arena, and if they do, i hope it will not be mandatory for gear progression (Like wow used to do)

    Also, I'd really enjoy a 1v1 bracket. I mean each class has souls capable of 1v1 ( i assume)

  7. #7
    Champion R3db4ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desimRFT View Post
    I think they will add arena, and if they do, i hope it will not be mandatory for gear progression (Like wow used to do)

    Also, I'd really enjoy a 1v1 bracket. I mean each class has souls capable of 1v1 ( i assume)

    Arena = Balance Nightmare, so if they do it we can be sure that the soulsystem will get dumbed down for a easy balancing.

    Because, say what you want, pvp players cant lose and will just cry till xy is nerfed or useless. Just like they do allready...

    5vs5 for me is the only small pvp scale they should do, and where they can give us a good balance afterall without destroying one of rifts greatest features the soulssystem...

    oh and 1vs1 is allready in the game, its called Duelling :9
    Last edited by R3db4ss; 11-13-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    So they plan on 5v5ing but nothing fewer ala GW2...

    Class balance issues?...2v2's,3v3's etc are the most popular ques in wow...meaning the people want them...unless the pvp community has just moved on by now...shrug, il take the 5v5's and hope they build off of it i guess.

    thx for the responses.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple mongolianmisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I advise you all to go to pvp forums for any questions.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    Arena = Balance Nightmare, so if they do it we can be sure that the soulsystem will get dumbed down for a easy balancing.

    Wouldnt limiting classes to a group address this? (IE 1 mage,1 rogue)

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mongolianmisfit View Post
    I advise you all to go to pvp forums for any questions.
    They've clearly been neglected and shuned to this point so im putting these questions/concerns on front street aka GD

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    63

    Default Rift PvP is just flat and boring without...

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLove View Post
    ...
    ... more cowbell!
    Last edited by rosieX; 11-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.

  13. #13
    Champion R3db4ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLove View Post
    So they plan on 5v5ing but nothing fewer ala GW2...

    Class balance issues?...2v2's,3v3's etc are the most popular ques in wow...meaning the people want them...unless the pvp community has just moved on by now...shrug, il take the 5v5's and hope they build off of it i guess.

    thx for the responses.

    Most ppl i know that would like something like 2vs2 would propably just destroy 80-90% of the other teams, and that would just lead to xy is op.

    There is allready a few good examples of something like that around imo.

    A Warrior with a good healer can destroy whole Wfs allready, but still most ppl say and think Warriors are weak.(dont talking about that insane kinda " op-buggy" burst ^^)

    Or how nearby no one is complaining that a good Dom is able to win WFs "alone" and that its kinda "Op" in many ways.

    and so on...


    The biggest obstacle imo for Rifts PvP are still the Players. Rifts Soulsystem/Wfs are kinda easy to play, but for alot of the players in PvP really hard to master...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rosieX View Post
    ... more cowbell!
    ...that was an eye opening piece of criticism you just headshot me with...i definetly have to work on those cowbells...but #$%@ its tough.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    Most ppl i know that would like something like 2vs2 would propably just destroy 80-90% of the other teams, and that would just lead to xy is op.

    There is allready a few good examples of something like that around imo.

    A Warrior with a good healer can destroy whole Wfs allready, but still most ppl say and think Warriors are weak.(dont talking about that insane kinda " op-buggy" burst ^^)

    Or how nearby no one is complaining that a good Dom is able to win WFs "alone" and that its kinda "Op" in many ways.

    and so on...


    The biggest obstacle imo for Rifts PvP are still the Players. Rifts Soulsystem/Wfs are kinda easy to play, but for alot of the players in PvP really hard to master...
    Sounds like it would really put a spotlight on class imbalance and rather than addressing it trion would prefer to hide it behind zerg vs zerg.

    At least theirs 5v5 incoming and maybe from there trion tries to build on it, thx for the responses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts