+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tranquility somehow hit for about 2000 damage

Soulwalker

Default Tranquility somehow hit for about 2000 damage

I was playing in a warfront at level 34 and there was a Warrior who killed me at least twice with the Tranquility spell doing about 2000 damage, practically one-shotting me. This can't possibly be normal. At the end of the match I believe he had 30 or so kills and only one death. I havn't played warrior but from what I can tell, the spell isn't supposed to do damage at all.

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots of it because posting here was an afterthought but if I manage to see it again, or if someone else can provide some sort of proof, I will update this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAusus View Post
    I was playing in a warfront at level 34 and there was a Warrior who killed me at least twice with the Tranquility spell doing about 2000 damage, practically one-shotting me. This can't possibly be normal. At the end of the match I believe he had 30 or so kills and only one death. I havn't played warrior but from what I can tell, the spell isn't supposed to do damage at all.

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots of it because posting here was an afterthought but if I manage to see it again, or if someone else can provide some sort of proof, I will update this.
    It was changed and is suppose to do damage now, however 49 and lower it seems far overtuned. I recently got my warrior through the low levels and to 60 and when I hit 50 it seemed to even out but before then yeah it near about one shot anyone I hit it with.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Soulwalker

I see. Well this can't possibly be intended as it's obviously game breaking for low level pvp. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Let's see how long they take to fix it, clerics disintigrate took them a week or two to fix.
    Omnium rerum principia parva sunt. - Cicero

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheAusus View Post
    I see. Well this can't possibly be intended as it's obviously game breaking for low level pvp. Hopefully they will fix this soon.
    If all noobs wouldn't be running in lvl10 greens between the 20-49 brackets this wouldn't be as noticeable as it is.
    I also admit that tranquility is really out of whack in terms of damage at low levels.

Prophet of Telara

balancing around low lvl warfronts is useless. We got a new warrior/rogue dev. I doubt he will jump on the nerf bandwagon right away. I can roll a mage alt spec pyro and 1 or 2 shot people in every bracket pre 60. Pre 60 pvp means nothing and is just another fun way to level your character.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 11-13-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Ascendant

at lvl60 it seem quite ok. it has good burst but not oneshotting.

balancing for lower levels is really hard so better just get through it ^^

Plane Walker

How can it be hard... Just put something into code like "deals 50% less dmg under lvl 60" - fixed.

Shield of Telara

The only bracket that Tranquility is causing almost one shot kills is the 30-39 bracket. In the 40's it isn't game breaking at all and all the other Classes are quite capable of defending against it if not preventing it. Especially healers.

Even in the 30-39 bracket, good healers will survive the burst easy enough and counter it.

Besides, the DPS burst and almost one shot killing doesn't mean that that Warrior is indestructable, because that Warrior will still go down pretty fast if concentrated on. You'll notice that those Warriors with that many kills and low deaths usually have a pocket healer.

and you guys thought armor did nothing in pvp.
    Last edited by Wing man; 11-13-2013 at 08:02 AM.

This was probably me... lol.

Soulwalker

To the people saying it's not game breaking, any one ability that takes out 80-90% of a player's health instantly in pvp is not balanced. Granted, I don't have gear specifically for pvp, but most of my gear is on level. I actually find myself in the top 3 in damage done for the warfront most of the time so you can't say "Oh he's just some noob who just doesn't have enough skill to play against the spell."

Players shouldn't NEED a pocket healer just to counter one specific spell, and just because a warrior using it can be killed doesn't make it balanced. Basically that's like saying it would be balanced if the warrior had a spell that gave him 5 times as much life as everyone else.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "Oh warrior so imba. Nerf now!" Just that this one specific spell is either far overtuned or bugged in some way to deal too much damage to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    other Classes are quite capable of defending against it if not preventing it
    still go down pretty fast if concentrated on
    good healers will survive
    These are the same things people have said to defend every single OP ability / OP spec for nearly three years. Along with "vulnerable to purge" lol.

IDK, maybe they're true this time. Maybe they were true the other thirty times, too. But the OP abilities have always gotten nerfed anyway. So expect it.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Ascendant

I don't think you want low level nerfs for stuff. The last thing that was nerfed due to overperforming at low levels was tempest, and that was worthless for 5 major patch cycles.

Abilities do have ranks though, they may be able to simply nerf the damage on lower ranks of tranquility.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Abilities do have ranks though, they may be able to simply nerf the damage on lower ranks of tranquility.
    This is what needs to be done. In several other warfronts today I encountered other warriors exploiting it as well. It does 2500 damage against me. Having only 2800 health means all they have to do is charge me and hit once and I'm dead. I looked at my dps meter and from what it recorded, that's pretty much all the warrior did all game and he ended with over 10 kills. (second place was like 7) Granted, he died a lot because he was out of position most of the time but even so, this does not mean it's balanced.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast