+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Arenas: competitive pvp

Champion of Telara

Default Arenas: competitive pvp

Now is the time to implement something like this. I know Trion is working on it. Do 5v5 and 10v10. For each type of arena require representation from each class. One of each class for 5v5 and two of each class for 10v10.

This will prevent stacking of OP specs from one class and ensure participation. It also reduces the balance impact on pve.

Finally, make results tracked by team with win/loss. It had to be supported in game.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 11-12-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Now is the time to implement something like this. I know Trion is working on it. Do 5v5 and 10v10. For each type of arena require representation from each class. One of each class for 5v5 and two of each class for 10v10.

This will prevent stacking of OP specs from one class and ensure participation. It also reduces the balance impact on pve.

Finally, make results tracked by team with win/loss. It had to be supported in game.
    We already have 10v10 and up WF's, and CQ. What we need is 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 deathmatch arenas but without the restrictions you mentioned above. You should be able to choose and play the comp you want, not be forced in to premade compositions. Players can be given an entire set of starter arena gear that can only be worn/is only effective arena's...this can be used to tweak classes for arena without tweaking classes outside of arena. From there, upgrades can be purchased based on your individual rating, which would be based off win/loss record, as well as strength of win/loss (a victory over team 100 points higher is worth more than a victory over a team 100 points lower). It should be game managed, not player managed, meaning dev's create the maps, not player dimensions (though having have player owned pvp dimensions is fine for non-arena pvp), game tracked, and queue-able just as any wf.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

One of each class for 5v5
    Only 4 classes in the game you nub.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

If two 3 healer teams face off how long would the match last

I wonder that
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 11-12-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post

I wonder that
    From server downtime until next server downtime.

On a 24/7 up server, until the next occurrence of 11/12/13.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Ascendant

I wonder that
    Wouldn't matter. In a death match, if you have 3 healers you aren't killing anyone. The other team would just use 4 DPS and wipe them. Even if they can't wipe them completely, if they get 1 kill they win. There's counters for everything, even if you're too dumb to figure them out, bb.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Wouldn't matter. In a death match, if you have 3 healers you aren't killing anyone. The other team would just use 4 DPS and wipe them. Even if they can't wipe them completely, if they get 1 kill they win. There's counters for everything, even if you're too dumb to figure them out, bb.
    I'm pretty sure he meant 2 individual teams with three healers fighting each other. Ergo, no one would ever die.

As in there would be no dps...

If not, then I am dumb and confused.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant 2 individual teams with three healers fighting each other. Ergo, no one would ever die.

As in there would be no dps...

If not, then I am dumb and confused.
    What would be the point of that? yay, we just had a match where we just stood there and no one tried to kill anyone else.

Plane Walker

First, compositions comprised solely of all one class/role are novel (but they do happen, albeit not by anyone serious).

Second, the probability of a mirror match between such a composition is very slim.

Third, even in this scenario, the team that plays better together and makes fewer mistakes will win. People los, they go oom, they use cc at the wrong time or they free themselves from it at the wrong time. There would be a victor, and yes, it would likely be a long match. There is no reason why there can't be a time limit in arena, with a "tie" resulting in neither a gain nor loss of points/rating.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Did they remove the Arenas sticky? Oh no, the OP is just a ****ing derp and doesn't know how to search. I mean ****, it's only right there at the top of the page. But I can see how you can miss it being mentally challenged and all.

Telaran

oki.. i have a few things i dont understand?..

Without a 5th calling how do u create a 5v5 and a 10v10 with only one of each? Unless u mean 1 of every soul? which would be impossible to really create as u could all enter and then change souls anyway, you cant really restrict souls per team.

it'd only total to 4v4 and 8v8.

In arena realistically your just going to have to let stacking happen, only nubs will really do it as it would take alot of fun outta the experince stacking a OP Combination just to make ur win foolproof its likely any PvPer would want a actual challange and run with team compisitions anyway.

and if you know Trion are working on it why are u asking for it? they cant make it go any faster then it is going and tbh i doubt your going to see anything like this til 3.0 (i know thats 6-7months away) but the cold reality is Trion dont like doing anything outside expansion releases, its just how they work, minor tweaks throughout and overhaul everything with new releases etc etc in the expansion.

I think trion have been avoiding need to releasing Player track ELO for a very long time, it'd basically implement PvE elitism into PvP?..

10v10 Arenas arnt really needed, your looking at Rated Battleground sorta set up at that point generally Arenas are small scale fights, i.e 1v1 3v3 and 5v5, be interesting if Trion released competitive 1v1 arena though.

Issue is its coming out in the form of Dimensions which means u can design a dimension and fight in it, sounds like it could be unsupported due to it sounds more like a mess around thing you'd do for testing and with friends more then something properly competitive, but we'll hope for the best.

and Sidvader i thought you didnt care about PvP? and it should be left to rot for the sakes of PvE? Pretty much what u said on every page of the warrior forums asking for paragon and tempest to be fixed in PvP.
    Last edited by Scruffz; 11-12-2013 at 06:51 PM.

I am level 27 on my bard and I've been trying to practice my jumping skills so the secret abilities will populate on my screen. In about a month or so I will be ready for arenas. Maybe by then Rift will have them, what a nice winter present that would be.

I have seen many articles in these forums about arenas, I can not wait! My bard will be ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Liked you better when you were a combination of the legendary Saia and the magical Jupiterjini. Sweetzerenity brings you down.

You used to to cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Newguy--ABL leader 2013

I wonder that
    Would my bard be considered a healer? I think my cadence can heal people but I can not target people on my team with cadence. I have so much to learn but I am very excited more people are potentially excited for arenas maybe more than me. Do we get to fight tigers in arenas?

I wonder that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Liked you better when you were a combination of the legendary Saia and the magical Jupiterjini. Sweetzerenity brings you down.

You used to to cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Newguy--ABL leader 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    What would be the point of that? yay, we just had a match where we just stood there and no one tried to kill anyone else.

You don't believe in the power of focus fire water jet?
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast