+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Monies

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default Monies

    I was wondering what one must do to make a decent amount of coin. I only PVP, and make only enough to barely cover my consumables, nothing more. Also, I am completely ignorant about all things PVE, but I'm guessing that is where the money is. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the big loots? If it DOES involve PVE, please speak to me as if I'm 5. Really. I'm that clueless. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Plane Walker evelen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandlila View Post
    I was wondering what one must do to make a decent amount of coin. I only PVP, and make only enough to barely cover my consumables, nothing more. Also, I am completely ignorant about all things PVE, but I'm guessing that is where the money is. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the big loots? If it DOES involve PVE, please speak to me as if I'm 5. Really. I'm that clueless. Thanks!
    1) buy Rex
    2) sell Rex
    3) profit!
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple mongolianmisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I suggest being Asian. I heard those folks are farming pros.





    No but seriously, I'd like to know as well. It took me 2 weeks to farm out (mats) 2k, and I know some people make that in like one hour? I mean come on!
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Makatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    28

    Default

    "monies" is useless in this game... just craft ur own consumables!

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evelen View Post
    1) buy Rex
    2) sell Rex
    3) profit!
    Thx evelen. I've done this once, much to the consternation of the hubby. In his words, "I thought it was Free To Play?"

    Heh

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mongolianmisfit View Post
    I suggest being Asian. I heard those folks are farming pros.





    No but seriously, I'd like to know as well. It took me 2 weeks to farm out (mats) 2k, and I know some people make that in like one hour? I mean come on!

    I know right?

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    When CQ ends you get 3-4p. Forget how much you get per warfront.

    Other than that, either farming mats or running dungeons generates decent cash.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makatar View Post
    "monies" is useless in this game... just craft ur own consumables!
    Actually, I DO have an alt I could use, but would need to make monies for her to get to a level that she could make the consumables for me. But it's a thought, thanks!

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    When CQ ends you get 3-4p. Forget how much you get per warfront.

    Other than that, either farming mats or running dungeons generates decent cash.
    Cool cool. So what are these dungeons you speak of? I see tons of foreign language splattered across my ch60 regarding such, but it's just that to me: foreign language. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Also...pvp consumables cost favor

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Also...pvp consumables cost favor

    Specifically, the Stellar Brightsurge and Stellar Healing Potions are a must on me at all times. Need all the help I can get.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Taptap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandlila View Post
    I was wondering what one must do to make a decent amount of coin. I only PVP, and make only enough to barely cover my consumables, nothing more. Also, I am completely ignorant about all things PVE, but I'm guessing that is where the money is. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the big loots? If it DOES involve PVE, please speak to me as if I'm 5. Really. I'm that clueless. Thanks!
    Farming is a grind, so if you have to grind then take up some trades and level them. There is info for the crafting trades on these forums about which trades you should level together, and where to go to do it, since they need each other as they are leveled. Yes it costs to level them, but you get more than it costs. Might stay away for a while from making runes, it's very expensive to level that trade. Try to pick trades that have repeated demand on the auction house for what you make, and remember that people buy "base" stuff that they need to level their own trades. Do quests appropriate for your level. Vendor everything you can't use and isn't worth putting on the auction house. You can enable (filter) things to be seen or not seen on your minimap (its top left button), make it show where the quest givers are or you won't know they are giving quests. The big map shows coordinates, you can set a marker to show where you need to go to, and the big map also usually shows colored circles where you need to go to do a quest if you are in the general area already. If you open the log and select a quest, an indicator will usually show on the big map where you need to go.

    When you start your trades up you will then level them up starting from low level zone areas, where their mats are farmed at - increasing in zone levels as you level the trades. So you won't get much for doing the quests in low level zones but you have to do it to level the trades (or buy the mats and level that way, but you want to make funds not spend them much! The auction house can be good for mats to level trades with though.) You don't need pve gear until you get to the real high level zones, and probably won't need it then either (except for dungeons, but not in the open world). If you're a healer, mentor down and help someone else who is leveling. Do rifts too, not just quests. There are trade crafting rifts, too, and people advertise they are going to open one. You'll see normal rifts on the big map when they are active.

    When you get your trades leveled enough it starts turning profitable on the auction house. The lower level players need stuff too.

    Trades/crafts can be started and leveled any time, but it's more interesting to do them while leveling a character up. People who power level can discover power leveling isn't all it's cracked up to be if they want trades! A little boring to return to low level areas if you're a 60 haha, and it can annoy low level characters unless you mentor down and do stuff with other players while you grind away.
    Last edited by Taptap; 11-12-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Amandlila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Farming is a grind, so if you have to grind then take up some trades and level them. There is info for the crafting trades on these forums about which trades you should level together, and where to go to do it, since they need each other as they are leveled. Yes it costs to level them, but you get more than it costs. Might stay away for a while from making runes, it's very expensive to level that trade. Try to pick trades that have repeated demand on the auction house for what you make, and remember that people buy "base" stuff that they need to level their own trades. Do quests appropriate for your level. Vendor everything you can't use and isn't worth putting on the auction house. You can enable (filter) things to be seen or not seen on your minimap (its top left button), make it show where the quest givers are or you won't know they are giving quests. The big map shows coordinates, you can set a marker to show where you need to go to, and the big map also usually shows colored circles where you need to go to do a quest if you are in the general area already. If you open the log and select a quest, an indicator will usually show on the big map where you need to go.

    When you start your trades up you will then level them up starting from low level zone areas, where their mats are farmed at - increasing in zone levels as you level the trades. So you won't get much for doing the quests in low level zones but you have to do it to level the trades (or buy the mats and level that way, but you want to make funds not spend them much! The auction house can be good for mats to level trades with though.) You don't need pve gear until you get to the real high level zones, and probably won't need it then either (except for dungeons, but not in the open world). If you're a healer, mentor down and help someone else who is leveling. Do rifts too, not just quests. There are trade crafting rifts, too, and people advertise they are going to open one. You'll see normal rifts on the big map when they are active.

    When you get your trades leveled enough it starts turning profitable on the auction house. The lower level players need stuff too.

    Trades/crafts can be started and leveled any time, but it's more interesting to do them while leveling a character up. People who power level can discover power leveling isn't all it's cracked up to be if they want trades! A little boring to return to low level areas if you're a 60 haha, and it can annoy low level characters unless you mentor down and do stuff with other players while you grind away.
    Awesome awesome awesome...thank you for the info!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts