+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Premades vs PUGS in CQ and WFs

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default Premades vs PUGS in CQ and WFs

    They should not be allowed and everyone knows why, enough said.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Fragasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Would you like to explain or assume that everyone knows?

    Because I lead CQ Premades sometimes, and pugs will steamroll us abut 40% of the time. The real issue is the premade stacking, so I can have MORE than 1 full 20 man premade in my team.

    Premades allow you to play with your friends, and while some assume that its justifiable to bring in 60 of your friends, 20 is enough.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

    Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    actually ONLY premades should be allowed in cq and wf. Problem solved...

  4. #4
    Ascendant Fragasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    actually ONLY premades should be allowed in cq and wf. Problem solved...
    What he's saying (I think) is that they should be segregated.

    Pug v Pug
    Premade v Premade

    Which would work if there were enough players in the game, which isn't the case.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

    Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

  5. #5
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    actually ONLY premades should be allowed in cq and wf. Problem solved...
    Not worth the time or care

  6. #6
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    I concur with the OP.

    ban all premades from warfronts, conquests, dungeons, raids, world pve, ect. please remove the ability to form groups from the game completely.

    also, players using OP specs (where OP is defined as "better than mine") should also be banned. this should include, but not limited too: pyro, dominator, harbinger, chloro, sentinel, inquisitor, purifier, defiler, assassin, marksman, bladedancer, riftstalker, bard, tactician, paragon, tempest, warlord, riftblade, and combinations of the above.

    as a final fix, that could potentially cover all other issues, please ban players from logging into the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  7. #7
    General of Telara Dahliablood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Dis one time I saw Mired, Patrice and Seventeen on the opposite side.







    I soul recalled and exited the game.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    This issue gets all confused because people don't say what they mean.

    What they mean by "Premade" is usually a group of experienced, high rank players playing strong, map-appropriate PvP specs that complement each other. What they mean by "PUG" is usually a collection of solo-queued newbies or bads who make no effort to play a map-appropriate spec or to complement the rest of their team.

    Neither situation is conveyed correctly by just saying "Premade" or "PUG." There are fearsome pick up groups that steamroll any opposition, despite being made of 100% solo and duo queues. If you've played for any length of time, you've been on some of them. You've probably even had "effing premades" yelled at you, in a sign of ultimate confusion.

    And there are premade groups with new or bad PvPers in them. Like me queuing with whichever of my raid-guild guildies felt like giving PvP a whirl. That's not a threat to steamroll anything. But it gets banned right along with the max-rank five man teams when you agitate to "ban premades."
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    thats why queues should be visually seperated, most people including op dont even know, that premades ARE already queued against other premades, and so everyone uses as excuse for their badness "we lost against a premade FOR SURE, cause noone other could beat me!".

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple mongolianmisfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default srs?

    Okay let's just get one thing straight here. Just because you see a lot of good and noticeable players on one side, DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A PM. A majority of the time, you will have good friends or guildies grouping in duos or 3s. Sometimes, even 4.

    Unfortunately, the system stacks them together at times, hence the steamrolling.

    So much Q_Q because people cannot carry their own weight or learn how to make friends.

    Also, this game does not have the population for separate queues.

    SHAD UPPPPP!
    Last edited by mongolianmisfit; 11-10-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    it would have enough player VASTLY ENOUGH, if it had been implemented right from the beginning... there were pvp guilds with hundreds! of player, which dissolved years ago cause of trions neglence of competitive pvp ...

  12. #12
    Champion Tengri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Because I lead CQ Premades sometimes, and pugs will steamroll us abut 40% of the time. The real issue is the premade stacking, so I can have MORE than 1 full 20 man premade in my team.
    lolwut you doing like 5v20 or something?

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Rexxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    it would have enough player VASTLY ENOUGH, if it had been implemented right from the beginning... there were pvp guilds with hundreds! of player, which dissolved years ago cause of trions neglence of competitive pvp ...
    This right here should shut all your mouths.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I concur with the OP.

    ban all premades from warfronts, conquests, dungeons, raids, world pve, ect. please remove the ability to form groups from the game completely.

    also, players using OP specs (where OP is defined as "better than mine") should also be banned. this should include, but not limited too: pyro, dominator, harbinger, chloro, sentinel, inquisitor, purifier, defiler, assassin, marksman, bladedancer, riftstalker, bard, tactician, paragon, tempest, warlord, riftblade, and combinations of the above.

    as a final fix, that could potentially cover all other issues, please ban players from logging into the game.
    Nah, they should just ban your *** for being a sarcastic little *****. Comparing anything PVE to Cq and Wf is just stupid when it comes to talking about premades vs pugs. I'll assume you choose to premade and enjoy stomping pugs in wf's and cq, maybe if makes you feel useful in your tank specs /shrug.

    Double stacking premades in CQ is a joke, unless you are on the side doing the farming it's all fun and games. When it happens it's not worth putting up a fight on the other 2 sides. Sames goes for wfs. Premades vs Premades.....Pugs vs Pugs.......takes too long to get another premade to fight? not my problem obviously a lot of people don't care to do it. Premades are the minority not the solo - duo que

  15. #15
    Ascendant Fragasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokks View Post
    Nah, they should just ban your *** for being a sarcastic little *****. Comparing anything PVE to Cq and Wf is just stupid when it comes to talking about premades vs pugs. I'll assume you choose to premade and enjoy stomping pugs in wf's and cq, maybe if makes you feel useful in your tank specs /shrug.

    Double stacking premades in CQ is a joke, unless you are on the side doing the farming it's all fun and games. When it happens it's not worth putting up a fight on the other 2 sides. Sames goes for wfs. Premades vs Premades.....Pugs vs Pugs.......takes too long to get another premade to fight? not my problem obviously a lot of people don't care to do it. Premades are the minority not the solo - duo que
    What's with all this hate?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

    Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts