+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Anyone else totally HATE the limit on WF groups?

Telaran

Default Anyone else totally HATE the limit on WF groups?

Ok emotional language time!!

A few days ago I finally grew my guild and active PvP playing alliance members large enough to do Warfronts together. I was greatly saddened by the fact that the Teams you can Group Join Warfronts with are limited to 5. Totally distraught I asked about this (having only been playing Rift for 6 Months, but one of my more experienced members told me that people complained about losing all the time to Pre-Made Groups and so the Limit was imposed) Assuming this is the case then...

I don't know which hero it was who complained about premade Teams in Warfront but seriously..... <insert favourite expletives here> Get a life!!!!

I have written a request to Trion to remove the Limit on this. I cannot Team up with all my guildies and friends in PvP, which TOTALLY reduces the Quality and fun of Warfronts.

It is really sad that once you spend time finding Quality People and putting a great Team together that you are punished due to a bunch of whiney losers who couldn't be bothered to work together with People, make relationships, discuss strategies and teamwork and reap the benefits of that, and all they expect is to go in there be awesum and DPs hundreds of People to death because they think they should by Definition just be better than everyone else.

I mean it would be awesum if we could go head to head with a full guild Team with a rival guild or something and now we are robbed of this possiblity because some People feel entitled to just jump into a warfront and be able to stand the lone hero in the field dishing out death to everybody. Well welcome to real life! Just as in any battle you Need a Team to back you up and a gameplan, you cannot expect this and if it is true that the Limit was placed due to the whiners then I really think Trion should have a rethink about this.

I love the PvP and I love playing with my Team and making it work and reaping the rewards on putting an awesum Team together!

Irrespective of whether the Limit was set or always has been there, what I am hoping is to get some Feedback from like-minded People here, so that this gets noticed by the community Managers and that the Limit is lifted in the next Update or Hotfix. It would be awesome to go head to head with a full Russian guild Party or German Guild Party....

Please Trion (and PvP Lovers) make this possible!!!
    Last edited by Meraque; 11-10-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Ascendant

was suggested with beta1 3 years ago, never got heard ...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    was suggested with beta1 3 years ago, never got heard ...
    That is very sad! Well hopefully with all this babbling on about promoting international communication whadda whadda with my beloved Argent being canned and new Servers sprouting up next week.... they will listen if enough People swamp this thread with...

YES DO IT!!!!'s

Like I said I would love to go head to head with a full Russian or German Team. And some in my guild have a Special place they wanna bury the French too hehehe ;)
    Last edited by Meraque; 11-10-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Shadowlander

i agree with this if the system doesn't allow that guild team or premade against weak random teams.

guild vs guild pvp system sounds good.

Champion of Telara

Move to a pvp server and contact other guilds about having weekly or daily raid vs raid battles. That's about all you can do at this point, unless you do the conquest thing.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Sword of Telara

Full premades for WFs is always a good idea, as long as they only meet other full premades.

Premades joining normal WFs fighting PUGs is ALWAYS a bad idea.

Soulwalker

It completely makes sense. One coordinated group (or even TWO coordinated people sometimes) can utterly dominate a warfront, it'd be exceptionally boring if you were a random group matched against a whole guild raid.

it would be nice to have this option as well, no doubt another way to improve team skills and communication and settle rivalries

Soulwalker

I totaly agree on this point, this feels like a punishment to people who actually play together.

- It's an MMO-Rpg, Massive Multiplayer on-line, you play WITH people.

So by the very default there should be no restrictions.

If there is a need for some balancing, then do so when it comes to number of players on each side, balancing by WHO is joining surely is wrong.
    In addition, maybe calculate the prestige-rank on the ENTIRE pre-made team so they end up with equivalent people. (if they aren't doing it already)

just sync multiple 5s? I mean it gets you all in to play.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    just sync multiple 5s? I mean it gets you all in to play.
    Sure works, you have 20 people in 4 different wfs xD

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arieca View Post
    In addition, maybe calculate the prestige-rank on the ENTIRE pre-made team so they end up with equivalent people. (if they aren't doing it already)
    This wouldn't make a difference. 15 people working in coordination with a low rank will beat 15 people who are all random and don't know one another that have high ranks every time.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arieca View Post
    Sure works, you have 20 people in 4 different wfs xD
    Or actually even worse now that I think about it, you can end up on opposite sides, so horrible solution.

Shadowlander

let us international warfronts! like in sports. so we can try to make best team for our country.

then we can do something like USA vs UK vs SWE vs GER vs RUS etc.. so we have a chance to play nice matches for our country or watch that nice matches.
    Last edited by Dnalor1337; 11-10-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dnalor1337 View Post
    i agree with this if the system doesn't allow that guild team or premade against weak random teams.

guild vs guild pvp system sounds good.
    Well, that is a start, however if it is restricted to guild only then I cannot take my friends and alliance guildies with. Remember people join guilds for different purposes. Some are RPrs, some are hardcore Raiders, some are a bit of everything and yes some are hardcore PvPers. If it is soley available to hardcore PvP guilds it is sad as most of us Play Rift enjoying every aspect and do not want to have to quit or Reform our current guilds to take Advantage of this if it changes. Fact is we have our PvP friends, guildies whatever from all walks of game-life, we have built relationships and know how we work, and we believe we can go toe to toe with the best of them and would love to try, but cannot with a Limit.

As far as the weaker PUG Team is concerned... My opinion is this. When you go on a Dungeon or especially a Raid, you know if you are in a PUG chances are it is gonna be wipe City. So you look for people to raid with. Why should PvP be any different. If you are lucky u have a good PUG Team, and if not, you find friends build relationship etc with People just as you would for raiding.

Sorry but I am sick to death of sore losers who think cause they are the kings of DPS in PvE, come into a PvP battle and expect to kill at least 10 People each time before dying. Doesn't work like that. Just as in any real battle or Team sports, it is the Team and Teamwork that makes the difference.

Many People complian about the PvP in Rift, I think it is great because it FORCES u to work as a Team. No lone Heros. Everyone has to identify their strengths and Play to them and make it work within the Team. Then you can clinch a win. Not only that, even if you are stronger in combat, doesn't guarantee a win. Strategy also Comes into Play.

Just lift the Limit and let People join with Teams as they choose. If you are a PUG, then it is just like in any other game Situation, whether u land up in a good Team or a bum one. And if the latter, you should consider spending time organising / joining a Team just like everyone else who is good at it.
    Last edited by Meraque; 11-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast