+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paragon after patch

Soulwalker

Default Paragon after patch

Good day.

Yes, I'm new to the game, but don't just bash my thread because of it.

So before I state what has been going on in level 10-40 PvP, I'd like to know your views on the new paragon. A bit of insight from level 60 players is very welcome as to how Paragons are behaving, how they can be countered etc.

I've been reading around the forums and it would seem like they have a high burst for a couple seconds and then they are useless. The problem low level PvP is having, however, is that Paragons are killing other players in 1 hit every time the Tranquility skill is up. I doubt it can kill a max. level character in one cast, but at these levels it's just right clicking the skill for a kill every 15 seconds— no chance to heal because you're already dead! — which is breaking PvP because of all the new warriors that are appearing to jump in the FotM. I actually know of someone who has made several different warrior characters to dominate low level PvP... What's funny is that they kill each others in one Tranquility cast, too lol.

I was enjoying PvP a lot before 2.5 and didn't find anything as broken. Pyromancers hit too hard while being a bit tough, but they can be silenced/interrupted, and healers, well they are healers but they can also be interrupted or silenced. However, you can't run away from an instant ranged skill hitting over 1600 base damage (not including all their damage buffs).

So I know everything is supposedly balanced for max. levels, but I don't understand how they could miss the implications for low level pvp.

Thanks

Ascendant

They need to adjust the damage of tranq at lower levels. At 60 it is competitive in the right hands/build. Its 61 still needs changed.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    They need to adjust the damage of tranq at lower levels. At 60 it is competitive in the right hands/build. Its 61 still needs changed.
    Paragon is fine with its 61 point ability in PVP and PVE. If you nerf paragon then you should nerf shaman because they perform basically the same in PVP.. Burst something and then run around waiting for a cooldown to wear off. I do not see Shaman as a game breaking pvp threat of doom. The burst has been in the Cleric class for ages now in Inquis and Shaman so it is taking some getting used to. For instance, warriors used to be steady decent high dps.

Honestly, warlord, tempest, and RB are better imo. Players focus on one silly arese thing and spout out stupid but frankly Paragon is NOT OP. If it is OP then I am have no idea where in the world MM, Pyro, and Inquis would be on your meter because those, my friend, are OP specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Paragon is fine with its 61 point ability in PVP and PVE. If you nerf paragon then you should nerf shaman because they perform basically the same in PVP.. Burst something and then run around waiting for a cooldown to wear off. I do not see Shaman as a game breaking pvp threat of doom. The burst has been in the Cleric class for ages now in Inquis and Shaman so it is taking some getting used to. For instance, warriors used to be steady decent high dps.

Honestly, warlord, tempest, and RB are better imo. Players focus on one silly arese thing and spout out stupid but frankly Paragon is NOT OP. If it is OP then I am have no idea where in the world MM, Pyro, and Inquis would be on your meter because those, my friend, are OP specs.
    And we all know that you're the last one to make anyhting look op, now go back to your room and pout.

Champion of Telara

Tranquility is a freight train right now in low level Warfronts.

looks like it's time to roll a warrior
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

Everyone is rolling a warrior though... And with so many warriors running around wrecking people, my fear is that they will nerf it to the ground

I would think that they wouldn't nerf it in the traditional sense, but make it so that it scales it's damage better at both character level and spec level.

Soulwalker

Default tranq attk...

I hope it stays this way actually, there needs to be more builds like this to counter healers esp when there's like 5 or 6 to one side almost seems overwhelming at times if not for Sins and ranged classes there would be too much gridlock, so i hope they keep this para build even though they are still pretty squishy so for me it makes sense that their dps is the way it is right now. I'm about to set 1 up on my warrior too haven't played para since original rift.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by WowMuchPost View Post
    Good day.

Yes, I'm new to the game, but don't just bash my thread because of it.

So before I state what has been going on in level 10-40 PvP, I'd like to know your views on the new paragon. A bit of insight from level 60 players is very welcome as to how Paragons are behaving, how they can be countered etc.

I've been reading around the forums and it would seem like they have a high burst for a couple seconds and then they are useless. The problem low level PvP is having, however, is that Paragons are killing other players in 1 hit every time the Tranquility skill is up. I doubt it can kill a max. level character in one cast, but at these levels it's just right clicking the skill for a kill every 15 seconds— no chance to heal because you're already dead! — which is breaking PvP because of all the new warriors that are appearing to jump in the FotM. I actually know of someone who has made several different warrior characters to dominate low level PvP... What's funny is that they kill each others in one Tranquility cast, too lol.

I was enjoying PvP a lot before 2.5 and didn't find anything as broken. Pyromancers hit too hard while being a bit tough, but they can be silenced/interrupted, and healers, well they are healers but they can also be interrupted or silenced. However, you can't run away from an instant ranged skill hitting over 1600 base damage (not including all their damage buffs).

So I know everything is supposedly balanced for max. levels, but I don't understand how they could miss the implications for low level pvp.

Thanks
    paragon has insane single target burst, but misses AE options like the Riftblade has. For anything less then 10vs10 i would prefer paragon, above prbly. RB. (Though even in Scion Paragon can be decisive in heavy Healer situation as AE wont bring down healers anymore).

BUT as its pure melee (every minute distance but well ...) it NEEDS a pocket healer still to survive or your HP will melt down in seconds ^^.

I didnt notice ANY difference in melee with those new melee system they introduced.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    paragon has insane single target burst, but misses AE options like the Riftblade has. For anything less then 10vs10 i would prefer paragon, above prbly. RB. (Though even in Scion Paragon can be decisive in heavy Healer situation as AE wont bring down healers anymore).

BUT as its pure melee (every minute distance but well ...) it NEEDS a pocket healer still to survive or your HP will melt down in seconds ^^.

I didnt notice ANY difference in melee with those new melee system they introduced.
    Sweeping Blades does not belong in PvP, it makes RW crits for like 900.... (yes I didnt miss a zero)

everyone with a peen size issue is playing a warrior at lowlevels right now.
    Omnium rerum principia parva sunt. - Cicero

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post

Never said nerf it. I actually said it was good but change the 61 pointer. Its burst potential is the problem; just make its 61 more steady damage vs a near one shot burster. No soul should have that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    looks like it's time to roll a warrior
    Why? Because it does as much damage as a sin? Its all melee too minus a perma snare. Also doesnt get 10% dam reduction or 15% as well coming out of stealth (which it doesn't have that either.

This is what happens when a soul does as much damage as sin. Lol. I find your sarcasm implying its better funny. Bluntly put you are simply dealing with a soul not unlike your own in damage is all. Very ironic. Just purge em yo. Lol.

paragon couldnt shine sins shoes even with the OP burst

same with MM

rogues really dont know how good they have it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast