+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Mercenary system. What's going on? Trion we need answers.

Plane Touched

Default Mercenary system. What's going on? Trion we need answers.

So 6 games I played today and every single one I was put on guardian side. What is going on??? Is it a bad luck or did you change the matchmaking that much? If this will not get fixed anytime soon, I will be canceling my patron sub. If I wanted to play as a guardian I would roll a guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Crios View Post
    So 6 games I played today and every single one I was put on guardian side. What is going on??? Is it a bad luck or did you change the matchmaking that much? If this will not get fixed anytime soon, I will be canceling my patron sub. If I wanted to play as a guardian I would roll a guardian.
    there is a new system to try and get better matches. faction means absolutely nothing in this game i dont get why you make it a big deal

It's basically red vs blue now. According to Daglar's outline of the new matchmaking system, your faction has absolutely nothing to do with which players end up on your team.

You are slightly more likely to end up on team red if you are a defiant, but that hardly matters now.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    there is a new system to try and get better matches. faction means absolutely nothing in this game i dont get why you make it a big deal
    He probably wasn't aware - they didn't really advertise the new system.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Soulwalker

Yes I have noticed the same. For me as guardian I am playing as much as 50% of the games as defiant. It little bit takes off the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Unto Punto View Post
    Yes I have noticed the same. For me as guardian I am playing as much as 50% of the games as defiant. It little bit takes off the momentum.
    It has been changed to Red vs Blue for balancing reasons.

If you're looking for a lore explanation - I posted one that people seemed to like in the Adventure > Lore section - I'll go dig it up.

Here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    We already have the mercenary system. The Guardians and Defiant are more or less focused on peace, dealing with the planes. With the arrival in Brevane, the Defiant discovered Empyreal Sourcestone, which is not only more efficient and more stable, but the Vigil permit it, unlike the regular Sourcestone found in Mathosia. With the Defiant conversion to Empyreal magitech, the Guardians are beginning to find common ground with them. The war has ended, more or less, which we saw right before Storm Legion came out. The war still rages politically within the walls of Sanctum and Meridian, but we ascended have all banded together to make the Empyreal Alliance and fight in the Planar War. Battles will still break out as the alliance is not steady, and it may turn into full blown conflicts. But is it truely Guardian versus Defiant? Is it idea versus idea? Or were the sides predetermined? We chose long ago who we were (Defiants do in the future, Guardians did it 20 years ago at the end of the Mathosian Civil War). Do we still believe what we chose? Or has those bold faction lines, dissolved? Are they still quite as defined, or are they beginning to slip into each other, with it becoming more of a case by case thing?
    Last edited by Fragasm; 11-09-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    It has been changed to Red vs Blue for balancing reasons.

If you're looking for a lore explanation - I posted one that people seemed to like in the Adventure > Lore section - I'll go dig it up.

Here it is:

Quite a valid explanation!

tau
    Rift Chaser

I'm so glad I get merced to guardians sometimes, otherwise I would never win a wf!

I only popped in to say I love the titles of posts like this.

TRION WE NEED ANSWERS

Hahahaha, golden. You guys are riptastic!

"I just want to talk!"
    (PvP cleric Sentinel / Defiler)
    >youtube.com/user/LtStaryuck
    >PvP Alliance FB
    \_(ツ)_/

What momentum? Everyone's being merced a lot more these days.

Plane Touched

Patron subscription cancelled. Not going to play and pay for this s**t anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Crios View Post
    http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/126232-1/Mentos_rocket.gif

Just wow.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

It seems like every game I'm seeing someone complain in chat about being merced. Usually how they can't win because they keep getting merced. Which kind of proves there was never anything in the "guardians/defiants always lose" posts in the past.

But I'm thinking it was a mistake to make it Red vs. Blue. Should have been Green vs. Yellow or something, to get thru to the thick-skulled and the oblivious. Write an RP explanation about how the conquest factions have taken up the warfront battlegrounds.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    It seems like every game I'm seeing someone complain in chat about being merced. Usually how they can't win because they keep getting merced. Which kind of proves there was never anything in the "guardians/defiants always lose" posts in the past.

But I'm thinking it was a mistake to make it Red vs. Blue. Should have been Green vs. Yellow or something, to get thru to the thick-skulled and the oblivious. Write an RP explanation about how the conquest factions have taken up the warfront battlegrounds.
    I could care less about what side I'm on but literally 18/20 times I was merced means something. That isn't just red vs. blue. Chances would have evened it out.

Also 18/20 times I can be top heals, even by a long shot, but my team loses due to derpiness.

Also on C2 guardians almost always lost. On C1 they almost always won. That's why you saw those posts. If you were on C1 for example and saw someone on C2 say guardians almost always lost you would totally disagree. Also, even for both sides there is always a timeframe where the abovementioned is not true and it changes. I'm talking about the majority of the time, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I could care less about what side I'm on but literally 18/20 times I was merced means something. That isn't just red vs. blue. Chances would have evened it out.
    Random events segregate non-randomly. It does not mean something.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast