+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Rift PvP is at its greatest when playing with other people.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Rift PvP is at its greatest when playing with other people.

    If you really want to shine in the Rift pvp community. Then you have to be able to take the current solo specs you have and adapt them for group play. If you look at what your specs can actually do you will find interesting combinations. Its not always about dps or hps, burst or sustained, CC and breaks. There are really a ton of interesting combinations to the style of play that can be accomplished when two players spec a similar playstyle. Take a look at your spec and grab a friend from a differring class. Talk about the playstyle of your spec and see what your friend can do to help add to that playstyle.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  2. #2
    Ascendant Fragasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    You're talking as if you're the white knight that everyone loves, talking about how to 'shine'.

    Fun fact: ABL is the tyrant of PvP. You do everything but shine.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

    Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

  3. #3
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    You're talking as if you're the white knight that everyone loves, talking about how to 'shine'.

    Fun fact: ABL is the tyrant of PvP. You do everything but shine.
    Thats funny coming from you. I promote a playstyle you just promote derp abd cry on the forums how unfair it is that you get waxed by everyone.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  4. #4
    Ascendant Fragasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Thats funny coming from you. I promote a playstyle you just promote derp abd cry on the forums how unfair it is that you get waxed by everyone.
    I do not promote derp. But I do not promote unfairly stacking premades and farming pugs. I promote fair play while you promote doing whatever it takes to win as you take 60 of your 'friends' in for fun.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

    Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

  5. #5
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    I do not promote derp. But I do not promote unfairly stacking premades and farming pugs. I promote fair play while you promote doing whatever it takes to win as you take 60 of your 'friends' in for fun.
    I have alot more friends then that, but gerally never take more than 40. I dont need to.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  6. #6
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    My only friends are kitty cats

    Meow
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Newguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    If you really want to shine in the Rift pvp community. Then you have to be able to take the current solo specs you have and adapt them for group play. If you look at what your specs can actually do you will find interesting combinations. Its not always about dps or hps, burst or sustained, CC and breaks. There are really a ton of interesting combinations to the style of play that can be accomplished when two players spec a similar playstyle. Take a look at your spec and grab a friend from a differring class. Talk about the playstyle of your spec and see what your friend can do to help add to that playstyle.
    This message brought to you by the letters: E, G, and O. Although I concur I am not certain that mouth breathers can handle this type of curiosity. I mean if anyone goes against the meta and the norm they get ridiculed and flamed. It's a double edge sword which reminds me of my Samurai sword collection in Moscow. I bet Olga is taking care of it for me nicely and I hope she is warm with her pet polar bear.

    I wonder that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Liked you better when you were a combination of the legendary Saia and the magical Jupiterjini. Sweetzerenity brings you down.

    You used to to cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Newguy--ABL leader 2013

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    I do not promote derp. But I do not promote unfairly stacking premades and farming pugs. I promote fair play while you promote doing whatever it takes to win as you take 60 of your 'friends' in for fun.
    In all CQ games there are premades on several sides. Quit acting like ABL is the only one that does it and the only culprit. I have done many CQ's during the day at work when ABL is not on to know that a Premade is in every CQ. Postmades are also made regularly.

    Go into any CQ and the first question that will be asked is "Who is leading?". That is the premade mentality right there.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Princess Lacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    My only friends are kitty cats

    Meow
    I heard cats make amazing pvpers too, lucky you!

    I usually kidnap guildies or beg them to let me join their que.

    PinkPrincess @Deepwood of Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    previous akas Aribella@Deepwood & Hime@Silkweb
    ★★★ find me on @ twitter ★★★

  10. #10
    Ascendant HannonHellbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    I think CQ premades are good, it means there are a lot of people that actively play and like it. I like it, and a lot of the times I don't get in premades. I just want the premade teams to work together to organize more balanced CQ matches.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    If you really want to shine in the Rift pvp community. Then you have to be able to take the current solo specs you have and adapt them for group play. If you look at what your specs can actually do you will find interesting combinations. Its not always about dps or hps, burst or sustained, CC and breaks. There are really a ton of interesting combinations to the style of play that can be accomplished when two players spec a similar playstyle. Take a look at your spec and grab a friend from a differring class. Talk about the playstyle of your spec and see what your friend can do to help add to that playstyle.
    Did you get a free month's worth of patron status for this, or the regular.
















    the regular involves a dark closet and lots of duct tape.

    Tell your b/f I said hi.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    Go into any CQ and the first question that will be asked is "Who is leading?". That is the premade mentality right there.
    lol really.

    That has nothing to do with why people ask that question and the fact you say that just makes me laugh.

    The reason people ask that question is cause 99% of the people that play this game dont want to and wont lead any cq, so its just the lazy mentality for someone to hope someone steps up to do it so they have someone leading. Ive gone in with premades and asked that question because if you go in late you have no idea if someone is already leading.

    But it is most certainly not because people just have a premade mentality when they hit cq.
    Last edited by Langelos; 11-09-2013 at 03:19 AM.
    www.empiresunited.com

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Langelos View Post
    lol really.

    That has nothing to do with why people ask that question and the fact you say that just makes me laugh.

    The reason people ask that question is cause 99% of the people that play this game dont want to and wont lead any cq, so its just the lazy mentality for someone to hope someone steps up to do it so they have someone leading. Ive gone in with premades and asked that question because if you go in late you have no idea if someone is already leading.

    But it is most certainly not because people just have a premade mentality when they hit cq.
    The first thing I ask when I enter a CQ is quite literally this:

    "Is this the PM or the farmed side?"

    I usually get a real response and most often promptly que for a WF.

    CQ is probably the most complained about subject in the game on the forums over the longest period of time. Please, defend it more.

    Edit: Land's explanation is that "everyone quits on the other factions and its their fault not the games." The most obvious, no brain explanation is, yes, quite obviously it is the dumbest thing to stay in CQ wasting your time and most people do quit because they didn't want to do it in the first place, and are only joining to try to finish the quests and get out. Ironically his explanation supports the fact that yes, CQ sucks. He just has no clue is all. Pity him.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 11-09-2013 at 03:29 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Fragasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    In all CQ games there are premades on several sides. Quit acting like ABL is the only one that does it and the only culprit. I have done many CQ's during the day at work when ABL is not on to know that a Premade is in every CQ. Postmades are also made regularly.

    Go into any CQ and the first question that will be asked is "Who is leading?". That is the premade mentality right there.
    ABL did something thursday night that pissed a bunch of people off so I hear, but I'm not sure what it was I wasn't in the loop.

    Never hear of HK or RoD pissing anyone off other than Landslide.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

    Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

  15. #15
    Ascendant Rgizil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post

    Never hear of HK pissing anyone off other than Landslide.
    We are all nice! Me, Landslide, and kronos are new BFFs
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts