+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Thank you Trion for the new Match Making System

General of Telara

Default Thank you Trion for the new Match Making System

The games have been very competitive even when I ran with a full premade. The score has been very close, and the fights much more intense. There are still a few instances where my group spawn camped. It is nothing like it was prematch making, however. Anyhow, thank you for the good work.

Ascendant

Really? I would say otherwise, at least for lvl60+ WarFronts.

Ascendant

Seconded.

Great job Trion! We are even surviving the so-called scourge of premades that were apparently going to cause Armageddon and a mass exodus from Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    The games have been very competitive even when I ran with a full premade. The score has been very close, and the fights much more intense. There are still a few instances where my group spawn camped. It is nothing like it was prematch making, however. Anyhow, thank you for the good work.
    You made it take almost an hour for me to get my daily done.

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/213127-...cub-attack.gif
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Default Lock it down!

Now if they'll just lock it down 2 to 3 minutes after a warfront has started and just toss the instance for not having enough players or start a new instance if the queue suddenly grows after the lock down time. Hate going into matches that are already won! Unless I'm on the winning side, that is...
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Champion

Premades are rejoicing at the faster Q times but it is still always a faceroll. So, since we are matched by an internal ELO score a premade will be matched with similar skilled players. Too bad the pugs don't play together regularly and have optimal premade specs.

I was in a WF against your premade. I guess you had 5 good players and we had 5 equally good players according to the matchmaking. Too bad we had no healers and we never played together. We were spawn camped.

Very fun for you, not so much for us. No matter what anyone says Internal ELO score or not, A premade has no business playing a pug.

I premade sometimes with friends on the same guild and its the same thing. Unless its another premade its pretty much a spawn camp. The only time its even is when the pugs start coming in and the good team takes crappy PUGS. Otherwise its pretty much a **** time for the PUGS. The time we were spawn camped we didnt get pugs til the game was basically over. GG Trion
    Last edited by Gnut; 11-08-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    Premades are rejoicing at the faster Q times but it is still always a faceroll. So, since we are matched by an internal ELO score a premade will be matched with similar skilled players. Too bad the pugs don't play together regularly and have optimal premade specs.
    Well, you could look at it like that. Or, you could think back to Rift release when every cluster had at least 10-15 premades running at prime time simply because premades were inescapable, forcing other PvPers to form their own premades or rank up slow as hell. Unfortunately, CQ is still the best place to rank up, but if that didn't exist(or wasn't the case) I'm pretty sure this change would have brought forth a ton of new premades.
    Last edited by Gnillort; 11-08-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Are we praising pre-mades or the queuing system? I'm confused here, I wonder that. However I thought the new match making system would rid of pre-mades and give others a fair shot for once.

I saw a unicorn once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Liked you better when you were a combination of the legendary Saia and the magical Jupiterjini. Sweetzerenity brings you down.

You used to to cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Newguy--ABL leader 2013

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gnillort View Post
    Well, you could look at it like that. Or, you could think back to Rift release when every cluster had at least 10-15 premades running at prime time simply because premades were inescapable, forcing other PvPers to form their own premades or rank up slow as hell. Unfortunately, CQ is still the best place to rank up, but if that didn't exist(or wasn't the case) I'm pretty sure this change would have brought forth a ton of new premades.

I was here with the full on Premades that plagued Rift in the beginning. My point is that no premade should go up agains pugs no matter what without the premade getting pugs as well.

If its just the premade agains Pugs its as bad as it use to be. I have seen many games with just 5 on 5 for a few good minutes. It doesnt put more pugs until the match is being won by too far of a margin for any difference to be made.

I agree that when its a group up 5 that fills up with pugs and another side of full on pugs that are matched according to the ELO score its actually pretty fair. This happens a good bit but so do the 5v5 premade vs pug matches that shouldnt happen.

On a side note. Why are people getting infractions left and right for stuff that isnt that bad.

**** TRION. No infractions given!

Matches are still face roll but after really looking at it, most of the time after the initial push if we don't get it, players either give up or stagger back into the fight one by one to get farmed. Both ways make it near impossible to come back. Outside of that, I am getting more even matches though Paragon and Tempest are nutty.

Ascendant

they should have launched the matchmaking with the 5vs5 premade warfront, how trion is to stubborn to accept that 5vs5 will solve most of their premade problems is beyond my believe ...

Ascendant

On a side note. Why are people getting infractions left and right for stuff that isnt that bad.

**** TRION. No infractions given!
    you might get an infraction for that. I saw people getting 7 day ban for "discussing infraction politics publicly" seems trion mods (who were quite cool in the beginning) are somehow nervous for some reasons... not a good sign when forums are getting censored though ...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 11-09-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Ascendant

I was in a WF against your premade. I guess you had 5 good players and we had 5 equally good players according to the matchmaking. Too bad we had no healers and we never played together. We were spawn camped.

Very fun for you, not so much for us. No matter what anyone says Internal ELO score or not, A premade has no business playing a pug.

I premade sometimes with friends on the same guild and its the same thing. Unless its another premade its pretty much a spawn camp. The only time its even is when the pugs start coming in and the good team takes crappy PUGS. Otherwise its pretty much a **** time for the PUGS. The time we were spawn camped we didnt get pugs til the game was basically over. GG Trion
    I haven't experienced enough PM'ds to truly get a feel but the two that I knew were PM's both came in and completely routed the whole game. Even got a tell from one of the PM members who was pocket healed, sat on a 30% link, and had a pocket dom (first I've seen that). At any rate both PM's truly, completely wrecked any semblance of competition. I'm pretty sure the ELO attempts balance, and PM'ds get thrown in regardless of any ELO rating or balance. As is I don't see this as any sort of balancing thing or any good.

What I do not understand is why they can't institute a PM que along with how many PM'ds are currently qued so you know if you are sitting on nothing or have competition waiting.

Luckily, as mentioned, I do not see this as a major issue since it happens very little currently.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 11-09-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Matches are still face roll but after really looking at it, most of the time after the initial push if we don't get it, players either give up or stagger back into the fight one by one to get farmed. Both ways make it near impossible to come back. Outside of that, I am getting more even matches though Paragon and Tempest are nutty.
    I made my tempest build today and in my first WF went 11-0. Never played temp before past 12 points to kick people off cliffs for fun or the ever needed spam SP.

I rarely played paragon prior as well and its pretty fun and has some great burst with the hybrid I built.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    ILuckily, as mentioned, I do not see this as a major issue since it happens very little currently.
    It happened to me non stop for about 1 hour or more the other day. And the reason why it stopped was because they all went to cq. After cq they continued to premade again over and over so it is only balanced by them going to cq and leaving a time open for pugs to get matched against each other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast