+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: PVP is Surreal as a Melee Warrior

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default PVP is Surreal as a Melee Warrior

    I have been trying pure melee specs with no tempest. Pretty much get kited to death with the enemy toons just out of melee range. So time on target in about 40% while some MM or Pyro is unloading 100% of their damage the entire time. I am not sure what gives but my roots only work like 10% of the time. We have all these roots but the opposing players seem immune most of the time so I end up chasing them around the warfront but just out of melee hit range. It is actually funny. I charge in, no root, then end up chasing this dude who is jumping and I am unable to hit them. Depending on what fail combo I tried for that warfront iteration nothing seems to slow them down.

    Tried every combination of tank and dps with pis* poor results. You just cannot do the damage to warrant the combination and die ~2 seconds slower than being full dps which is pretty damn fast. LOL.

    Does anyone have any ideas? I tried 61 paragon and end up pulling a jihad on some poor dude with my 61 point ability cooldown and then get creamed in melee. I have tried paragon/paladin, paragon/vk, rb/paragon. rb/vk... the list goes on... When they changed the RB abilities to only modify RB attacks it caused making hybrids with RB difficult. The only thing that works slightly is 61 point RB but then I get trucked by ranged and need a full time healer to do anything.

    Is 61 Tempest the only option for warriors? I have been playing this game for three years and never seen it this bad. I will keep trying. Going to work on Warlord next but this is surreal.

    Has anyone found anything that works consistently other than tempest? I have to be missing something. No one would design something this jacked up on purpose.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 11-08-2013 at 02:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker evelen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    I have been trying pure melee specs with no tempest. Pretty much get kited to death with the enemy toons just out of melee range. So time on target in about 40% while some MM or Pyro is unloading 100% of their damage the entire time. I am not sure what gives but my roots only work like 10% of the time. We have all these roots but the opposing players seem immune most of the time so I end up chasing them around the warfront but just out of melee hit range. It is actually funny. I charge in, no root, then end up chasing this dude who is jumping and I am unable to hit them. Depending on what fail combo I tried for that warfront iteration nothing seems to slow them down.

    Tried every combination of tank and dps with pis* poor results. You just cannot do the damage to warrant the combination and die ~2 seconds slower than being full dps which is pretty damn fast. LOL.

    Does anyone have any ideas? I tried 61 paragon and end up pulling a jihad on some poor dude with my 61 point ability cooldown and then get creamed in melee. I have tried paragon/paladin, paragon/vk, rb/paragon. rb/vk... the list goes on... When they changed the RB abilities to only modify RB attacks it caused making hybrids with RB difficult. The only thing that works slightly is 61 point RB but then I get trucked by ranged and need a full time healer to do anything.

    Is 61 Tempest the only option for warriors? I have been playing this game for three years and never seen it this bad. I will keep trying. Going to work on Warlord next but this is surreal.

    Has anyone found anything that works consistently other than tempest? I have to be missing something. No one would design something this jacked up on purpose.
    your bad.

    look at DR, run para and 1-shot people from 20m. and use fleet of foot. you've got the tools, use em'
    Last edited by evelen; 11-08-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Rogue melee works.

    What do rogues have that the warriors don't? Same style of gameplay, and one works great and the other people say is horrible. Maybe there is closer to the answer of how to make it work?

    Serious question, I should give in a make a warrior to 60 but that is unlikely. Just curious what is so horrible, or what a working melee class has that another apparently doesn't.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  4. #4
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evelen View Post
    your bad.

    look at DR, run para and 1-shot people from 20m. and use fleet of foot. you've got the tools, use em'
    that one guy better watch out

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evelen View Post
    your bad.

    look at DR, run para and 1-shot people from 20m. and use fleet of foot. you've got the tools, use em'
    That is every 60 seconds. How is this a good option? Anyone can unload on a dude with para every 60 seconds but what the hell do you do for the rest of the time?

    What point are you even trying to make?

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Rogue melee works.

    What do rogues have that the warriors don't? Same style of gameplay, and one works great and the other people say is horrible. Maybe there is closer to the answer of how to make it work?

    Serious question, I should give in a make a warrior to 60 but that is unlikely. Just curious what is so horrible, or what a working melee class has that another apparently doesn't.
    hundred blades and dancing steel.
    Last edited by Orangu; 11-08-2013 at 02:40 PM.


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    that one guy better watch out
    No ****. I mean WTF.
    Last edited by Jester; 11-09-2013 at 11:30 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Rogue melee works.

    What do rogues have that the warriors don't? Same style of gameplay, and one works great and the other people say is horrible. Maybe there is closer to the answer of how to make it work?

    Serious question, I should give in a make a warrior to 60 but that is unlikely. Just curious what is so horrible, or what a working melee class has that another apparently doesn't.
    Dude. I am telling you. I use every root, stun, and other abilities like fleet of foot but time on target is dismal. At the same time I am getting t-bagged from range from other specs that honestly do the same damage as if I had 100% uptime on the target as a melee. That excludes of course the 61 point jihads I do on some poor fool where I blow them up every minute. Most of my highest damaging abilities are in melee so I need to get up close.

    I think the difference is survivability. Melee warriors just get rocked.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    that one guy better watch out
    Welcome to the land of shamans, where people only fear your 3s burst every 1 minute.


    "microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candoalot View Post
    Welcome to the land of shamans, where people only fear your 3s burst every 1 minute.
    LOL..... Not comforting.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Waiting for 3.0 to hit. Besides Tempest we are going to have a Healing soul. How awesome is that going to be! Think of all the good adding a Ranged soul did to Warriors. Adding a healing soul, now that is just a no brainer!
    Last edited by Gnut; 11-08-2013 at 03:11 PM.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnut View Post
    Can't you all just wait for 3.0 to hit. Besides Tempest we are going to have a Healing soul. How awesome is that going to be!
    A healing soul is fine. Also, having Tempest is fine. What is not fine is the current state of melee warriors in pvp. We can have a healing soul, tempest, and function in pvp as melee. It does not have to be one or the other.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 11-08-2013 at 03:11 PM.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    A healing soul is fine. Also, having Tempest is fine. What is not fine is the current state of melee warriors in pvp. We can have a healing soul, tempest, and function in pvp as melee. It does not have to be one or the other.

    Yes Tempest is fine. Who needs reliable roots/snares/fears when we have Shock Pulse. BZZT. To bad Trion did make it one or the other.
    Last edited by Gnut; 11-08-2013 at 03:15 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Sid would complain about warriors after getting the ability to one shot people in multiple specs.

    Also if your being kited by anything but a MM, your doing it horribly wrong.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple BeatrixCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US.
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I have tried multiple warrior specs since 2.5 dropped.

    I tried 51 Tempest/ 25 VK. It was horrible.

    I have no WF pic using it.

    I tried 61 Paragon/13 WL/2 Tempest. You are a threat for 10 seconds...energy starved for the majority of the time and a not much of a threat for 50 seconds.

    Spec used in a WF: http://i.imgur.com/DpEC6wX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/49AbPAh.jpg

    I tried 51 Paragon/25 Champ. So ****ing squishy! But I preferred it to 61 Paragon.

    Spec used in a WF: http://i.imgur.com/JtwIaas.jpg

    I tried 42 Tempest/34 Paragon. This build is actually viable, great damage....but it's range....so it gets boring really fast for people who like to play melee.

    Spec used in a WF: http://i.imgur.com/ydwHDIa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/x7fFe6v.jpg

    I tried 51 Paragon/25 WL. This spec is probably my favorite out of all of them. Reminds me of 2.4 paragon...just you know....20% less damage....20% less healing received....lol /cry.

    Spec used in a WF: http://i.imgur.com/6wiTykn.jpg
    The "D" in Djent is silent.
    Djent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts