+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: DPS Clerics: You suck. Just stop. You ruin everything.

Default DPS Clerics: You suck. Just stop. You ruin everything.

Before you clerics all get your panties up in a bunch, posting all your parses and telling me how 'awesome' DPS clerics can be, first realize that I am not talking to you. I'm not talking to the one in 15 clerics that can actually pull some decent DPS, if that's you then chill, this isn't for you.

I am referring to the other 14 out of 15 that join a warfront as a cleric that already has 10+ rogues and warriors, who CAN'T heal, and decide that it would somehow be a good idea to NOT use their class for the purpose it was designed for and heal their fking teammates. There may be a few mages that could easily switch to a cloro spec, but that isn't the problem.

I sometimes feel that some of you clerics have NO DESIRE TO WIN, I see this often in maps like bg and library, there will be 5 clerics in the raid and they are all in ****ty DPS specs, when a small application of common sense would show them that using their class as intended would probably win them more games.

Say what you want, but everyone knows that clerics were specifically designed to be healers, and if you didn't want to heal, you should'nt have rolled a cleric, simple as that.

Sincerely,

Every other class stuck in warfronts with you.

Hey, if the Clerics could pull high DPS, sure. Go DPS. I've got no issue with a high DPS Cleric in PvP. But if not, go heal.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

I have this crazy feeling if they can't DPS with a viable DPS soul that, well....
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

From long experience:

The guy worth healing doesn't demand to be healed. He's a pro who knows how to be effective in any situation. If he expected a healbot he would have queued with one. But if he does get solid heals, he notices it without needing to be told, plays more aggressively, and wrecks the enemy.

The guy demanding to be healed isn't worth healing. He probably won't even realize you're healing him if you do heal him. He'll LOS or range you, or drag you into danger with his lack of awareness. And even if you do a pro job of keeping him alive, he's still not going to affect the game in any meaningful way. You'll have more chance of affecting the game if you ignore him and go DPS.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

I dps a lot on my cleric and I do well, but good dps or not if you don't have any cleric heals you should always be willing to switch imo. I go heals a lot even though I really don't want to because I prefer to win. But its not just clerics, mages should be willing to go chloro, I know it has some survivability issues but its still a heal soul an at least one mage should run it if we are low on heals and for the love of God rogues one of you should fin bard.

That pisses me off the most, if im willing to go heals as the only cleric (or at least the only one willing to heal) with the likely hood of none of the dps bothering to peel people off me then I damn well expect a mage to go chloro and a rogue to bard to help out. Hell recently ive seen some people run beastmaster and do pretty well and ill never scoff at a good Dom.
    Last edited by Xillean; 11-08-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    From long experience:

The guy worth healing doesn't demand to be healed. He's a pro who knows how to be effective in any situation. If he expected a healbot he would have queued with one. But if he does get solid heals, he notices it without needing to be told, plays more aggressively, and wrecks the enemy.

The guy demanding to be healed isn't worth healing. He probably won't even realize you're healing him if you do heal him. He'll LOS or range you, or drag you into danger with his lack of awareness. And even if you do a pro job of keeping him alive, he's still not going to affect the game in any meaningful way. You'll have more chance of affecting the game if you ignore him and go DPS.
    100% correct.

Also, a cleric's unwillingness to heal in a situation is the same as a DPS unwilling to play the objectives and instead AFK DPS in the middle what whatever WF they're in.
    Last edited by Aleck0; 11-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I dps a lot on my cleric and I do well, but good dps or not if you don't have any cleric heals you should always be willing to switch imo. I go heals a lot even though I really don't want to because I prefer to win. But its not just clerics, mages should be willing to go chloro, I know it has some survivability issues but its still a heal soul an at least one mage should run it if we are low on heals and for the love of God rogues one of you should fin bard.

That pisses me off the most, if im willing to go heals as the only cleric (or at least the only one willing to heal) with the likely hood of none of the dps bothering to peel people off me then I damn well expect a mage to go chloro and a rogue to bard to help out. Hell recently ive seen some people run beastmaster and do pretty well and ill never scoff at a good Dom.
    There sadly aren't enough bards queueing - which is sad because Bards/ Tact/bards are the best healers.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Sometimes I might even roll as dps to cool off, and I don't mind others clerics doing so. What buggers me more is bad healers. Of course it takes some time to learn the tricks but I've seen people somewhere around p90's rolling purifiers and wardens contributing theteam less than a nubu rogue bard.

Even a bad dps is +1 player in your team, awful healer is 0.

Sincerely,
    Backpedaling clicker healer the EU players are stuck with.
    Dame/Anoreksia - Prestige Rank 1
    "Just set my score to 5/6 at the beginning of every PVP match before hand and prevent the wasted time of people rigging the outcomes to gain precious little 5/6 outcome." - Forgotten king of pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    From long experience:

I was agreeing with up until the end when you said "You'll have more chance of affecting the game if you ignore him and go DPS". How do you figure? Just because some ****ty DPS isn't doing well, you're gonna basically throw the game by not using your class as intended just because he can't do HIS job? There will always be enough rogues and mages to DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post

I agree with this, and I admit that I should bard more, but the point is more so that I didn't want to be a healer, so I rolled a rogue. Rogues and mages each have one support healing role, those classes weren't designed to be the main ones healing the group, whereas clerics have several soles designed for pure healing, bards and cloros have to be doing damage to heal and the heals aren't nearly as strong. One good cleric can out heal a couple of bards and cloros.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    100% correct.

Also, a cleric's unwillingness to heal in a situation is the same as a DPS unwilling to play the objectives and instead AFK DPS in the middle what whatever WF they're in.
    Everyone does that, it's not just a DPS thing, so it's kinda irrelevent. I've seen every class rage afk and not do the objectives. I still see a clerics unwillingness to heal more detrimental to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    There sadly aren't enough bards queueing - which is sad because Bards/ Tact/bards are the best healers.
    Can you explain? Are you meaning that tact/bards are the best because of their utility/survivability mechanics to augment their heals? Or are you saying that tact/bard heals are actually more powerful as far as healing power than clerics..

Quote Originally Posted by PyroKiller View Post
    Can you explain? Are you meaning that tact/bards are the best because of their utility/survivability mechanics to augment their heals? Or are you saying that tact/bard heals are actually more powerful as far as healing power than clerics..
    I would say that I'm slightly above average in healing (not trying to be arrogant but I outheal people who outgear me when I'm in Chloro). At this point, a average or better tact/bard can outheal me with ease. They're the only ones who can outheal me without it being close.
    Last edited by Fragasm; 11-08-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    I would say that I'm slightly above average in healing (not trying to be arrogant but I outheal people who outgear me when I'm in Chloro). At this point, a average or better tact/bard can outheal me with ease. They're the only ones who can outheal me without it being close.
    It makes no logical sense for a rogue soul to be able to outheal cleric healing souls, even cloro is hard to believe. If this were true the meta wouldn't be what it is

Quote Originally Posted by PyroKiller View Post
    It makes no logical sense for a rogue soul to be able to outheal cleric healing souls, even cloro is hard to believe. If this were true the meta wouldn't be what it is
    It's not logical. But a good Tact/Bard can do it. What I see them pop:
    - Healing Core
    - Curative Engine
    - Curative Torrent

I imagine the spec looks like this - I'll test this eventually
    Last edited by Fragasm; 11-08-2013 at 02:13 PM.

A bard tact can put out some massive aoe healing but its not going to save anyone from focus fire like a cleric could. I can top wf charts to if i run warden and spam my aoe heals. I agree with a lot of what your saying pyrokiller though I disagree with chloro being support heals, its designed to be a healer not support it just has some crappy survivability. I don't really say bard for your heals, though they can be nice I said it more for the buffs and debuffs and what not.

The amount of heal souls doesn't make clerics ubber, warden sucks outside of port and cq and purfier isn't that great. Defiler and sentential are op as hell imo, and I feel godlike anytime I run either.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

I gave up complaining about the lack of healers in warfronts a long, long time ago. I usually go into a warfront expecting to be the only healer. It is what it is.

Sometimes it's easier to be the only healer with a ****load of DPS because the other team hopefully is just as screwed with healing.. I'd rather have too much DPS than too little, since I have seen some good fights with barely any healers.

i always just assume if a cleric is pulling crap dps he's probably not gonna be doing much as a sent or defiler either, so i don't worry about it much
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast