+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: DPS Clerics: You suck. Just stop. You ruin everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    Why are you distinguishing between raiding and PvP? There's an inherent undertone in your comparison that suggests PvE is srs bsns, and PvP is jack around time. Both need competent, willing people. You don't want to take WF's seriously? Don't join.
    That was a response to charliekelly. Who keeps talking raiding when the thread is about PVP/WF's. As I said Raiding is a different beast. As I only PVP in Rift, have raided in other MMO's. If it sounded like that sorry.
    "some people want it happen, others wish it would happen, and others make it happen."
    Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by soulreavertw99 View Post
    That was a response to charliekelly. Who keeps talking raiding when the thread is about PVP/WF's. As I said Raiding is a different beast. As I only PVP in Rift, have raided in other MMO's. If it sounded like that sorry.
    I'm just trying to disprove his point.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    I'm just trying to disprove his point.
    Totally Understand.
    "some people want it happen, others wish it would happen, and others make it happen."
    Michael Jordan

Here's why these threads never make sense:

If you think healing cleric is the most important role
    And you put winning first
    Then why aren't you playing a healing cleric?

But you put fun ahead of winning
    Then why are you mad when others do the same?

If you don't think healing cleric is the most important role
    Then why are you raging at DPS clerics
    But not at DPS mages, rogues, and warriors?
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post

Easy. I didn't make a cleric, and I don't have the ability to heal. Don't want to be expected to heal if it is needed? Don't play a primarily healing class.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Easy. I didn't make a cleric, and I don't have the ability to heal. Don't want to be expected to heal if it is needed? Don't play a primarily healing class.
    RIFT broke the class paradigm. There is no 'primary healing class'.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

The importance of the cleric/healing role isnt the question. The OP is more upset at the fact that more people roling dps cleric refuse to switch to a healing soul in WF's. Which can and is frustrating. But with all the other classes that have the ability to heal and dont is making dps clerics look bad. Understandable. However no one has to change souls just because someone wants them to. I on the other hand will wait and see until the timers is down to around 20 seconds or so and see how many healers we have. Then I will more than likely switch to Chloro to help out. But not everyone with a healing soul does this, hense the reason for his frustration.
    Michael Jordan

^ This

OP is a massive hypocrite, takes like 2 days to level a new character if healing is so important to you

plus, in my case, I am literally the worst healer you will ever see, if i'm healing you're all as good as dead. And I can DPS as good as any mage/rogue/warrior....

So what will it be? terrible healer or DPS same as everyone else (average)?
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 11-08-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Vote kick would be bad for pvp since people would abuse the hell out of it and no raiding isn't a good example. Raid for all intents and purposes towards pvp is a premade, when you hit the que button your getting pugs, don't like it? build a premade and que with that.
    Yeah, I think people would care less if DPS clerics got kicked, rather than facing premades in every warfront. Asinine response. Vote kick is already an option in dungeons, is it abused? You can kick people from your CQ raid, is it abused? Pug doesn't have to mean selfish and incompetent.

You can't vote kick and you shouldn't be able to given its a random queue. When 5v5s come along and a certain level of skill is a given, then yes, vote kick will be good. But in the 0 requirement environment of pug PvP, no, vote kick is a terrible idea.
    So pvp doesn't require skill. This comes down to a misconception you have that anyone can pvp and it doesn't matter. I think pve is easy, and if you can vote kick in a dungeon, why is it different?

RIFT broke the class paradigm. There is no 'primary healing class'.
    Marketing at work. There is absolutely a primary healing class, unless rogue somehow got defiler and sent this last patch? 2 callings can heal, and 1 of those callings has 1 healing soul, while the other calling has half its souls dedicated to healing. This is not a real discussion were having. You are just saying random things without using an ounce of logic.

The gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulreavertw99 View Post
    The importance of the cleric/healing role isnt the question.
    It is precisely the question.
    If it's not very important, why is he raging about it?
    If it *is* very important, why won't he do it himself?
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

So pvp doesn't require skill. This comes down to a misconception you have that anyone can pvp and it doesn't matter. I think pve is easy, and if you can vote kick in a dungeon, why is it different?
    PvP does require skill. But since its a random pug queue - don't expect any skill.

Marketing at work. There is absolutely a primary healing class, unless rogue somehow got defiler and sent this last patch? 2 callings can heal, and 1 of those callings has 1 healing soul, while the other calling has half its souls dedicated to healing. This is not a real discussion were having. You are just saying random things without using an ounce of logic.
    Until Warden, Puri, Senti, Defiler are the best healing classes in the game, there is no primary healing class.

Yeah, I think people would care less if DPS clerics got kicked, rather than facing premades in every warfront. Asinine response. Vote kick is already an option in dungeons, is it abused? You can kick people from your CQ raid, is it abused? Pug doesn't have to mean selfish and incompetent.
    Nothing asinine about it. Cleric doesn't equal healer unless they have a green cross period. And yes it would be abused by elitists who think they are good which most are terribad. I out dps most people I encounter on my cleric, I shouldn't have to heal bads but I normally switch anyways to give my overall team a better chance of winning just like you could can bard.

And I have seen vote kick abused horribly in dungeons, not on myself but on people who don't meet what eliststs think their dps should be even though said dps is fine for the content we are running, if you want a prefect set up premade, otherwise deal with what you get pug wise.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

It is precisely the question.
    If it's not very important, why is he raging about it?
    If it *is* very important, why won't he do it himself?
    The importance of a healer in a WF isnt in question. Goes without saying its important. He is RAGING cause they wont switch to a healing soul when there are no or a lack of healers. He is under the impression since a cleric can heal that they should heal. Thats what they should be good at. However they are going to play the way they want to regardless of him raging at them or not. And they should play the way they want to and he does like it. Thats all it is.
    Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Nothing asinine about it. Cleric doesn't equal healer unless they have a green cross period. And yes it would be abused by elitists who think they are good which most are terribad. I out dps most people I encounter on my cleric, I shouldn't have to heal bads but I normally switch anyways to give my overall team a better chance of winning just like you could can bard.

And I have seen vote kick abused horribly in dungeons, not on myself but on people who don't meet what eliststs think their dps should be even though said dps is fine for the content we are running, if you want a prefect set up premade, otherwise deal with what you get pug wise.
    Well stated. +1
    Michael Jordan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast