+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: DPS Clerics: You suck. Just stop. You ruin everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    rogues cant heal????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNcNF0wJbos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_ChM5a_zo

i have 2 healing specs on my rogue, 0 on my cleric.

if you wold rather be the rogue who runs around and dies 7 times rather than use the above spec, then you are part of the problem, pointing fingers about how others should do what YOU want is not being part of the solution.
    Rogues sure can AoE heal a lot.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Oh my. Been in away for a while and this is still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Unfortunately it will always be a thing. People will always see one class/spec as the superior healing class/spec and b@tch when someone who could play that doesn't. Will never end, in this game or the next.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    You wouldn't raid without a healer. If you joined a pug raid as a cleric and stuck to dps when they had no heals, let's see how long you stay in the raid. All warfronts need is vote kick.
    mob rule and pure democracy is idiotic in every possible way. /fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    Unfortunately it will always be a thing. People will always see one class/spec as the superior healing class/spec and b@tch when someone who could play that doesn't. Will never end, in this game or the next.
    There are more powerful heals when put on their own. But the true key to best done healing is mixing multiple well played roles that dish out heals. Need to get a variety of protective mechanics rolling. Shields plus pumping full heals~

But still legit, I get why tons of cleric just don't feel like healing. Glad I have DPS options D:
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-20-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    Sounds as if you play a rogue charliekelly, but refuse to switch to Bard or tact for WFs... perhaps all rogues who refuse to heal should be vote kicked?

Stay had it right:
    If you think healing cleric is the most important role
    And you put winning first
    Then why aren't you playing a healing cleric?

If you think healing cleric is the most important role
    But you put fun ahead of winning
    Then why are you mad when others do the same?

If you don't think healing cleric is the most important role
    Then why are you raging at DPS clerics
    But not at DPS mages, rogues, and warriors?
    100% THIS ^. charliekelly and all the other elitists should probably roll heal clerics if they value them so highly, rather then telling every other pub player how they SHOULD be entertaining themselves.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    It's not logical. But a good Tact/Bard can do it. What I see them pop:
    - Healing Core
    - Curative Engine
    - Curative Torrent

I imagine the spec looks like this - I'll test this eventually
    The trickle healing would work only if everyone is stacked but even then it's just minor healing worse than chloros and worse than wardens.
    Morealso you have power cord that's pretty much useless in any situation in the build (it's both dps and heal loss). Verse of captivation has 1.5sec cast and it's very difficult to pull off(also means no dots). The build is missing virtuoso and improved competence aura too.
    Tact bard might be somewhat useful in conquest but even then multiple osculations and orchestra are a better idea.

Ascendant

Rogues aoe heal may show huge numbers under healing done tab, but it's close to useless for pvp and bigger raid. This heal will NOT save anybody from getting focused. Clerics on the other hand have also absorb shield so they can actually outheal a lot of burst dmg.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Prophet of Telara

Rather have Clerics playing shaman one of the highest dps souls in the game with good burst and utility then heal some piss poor rogue who can't play simple MM or Sin correctly that plaques warfronts. Or some piss poor mage failing at pyro and dom (cough op)
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-21-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Rogues aoe heal may show huge numbers under healing done tab, but it's close to useless for pvp and bigger raid. This heal will NOT save anybody from getting focused. Clerics on the other hand have also absorb shield so they can actually outheal a lot of burst dmg.
    Burst damage is not the only form of damage flying around in a warfront. You need more than single target burst healing to keep people alive in a warfront.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Fact remains, healing is the most important part to keep a team standing and not lose your firepower.
    However that only works if you have some firepower to begin with.

Whenever I'm the the warrior the decisions are easy: burn people, go melee and burn them harder or sit back and pullbot.

It's usually tempest cuz either heals or dps are lacking too much to go with 2nd or 3rd sadly.

On mage it's usually dom and dom and dom yet again and dom.
    Sometimes chloro with ap because there's a lack of healing and very rarely pyrodom/necro sth of the likes (I'm sorry but I never enjoyed pure pyro, not even when it had that nice lolucantccmeground)

Cleric heals in most matches, defiler or sent really.
    Rarely it's just inq cuz there's plenty healers or if there's too many of them even, shaman.

Rogue goes sin and kills sins or mm, bards an awefull lot too though.

Seriously though, play what brings yourteam ahead on the char you're on, simple.
    Don't be a nooby wow *** and just sit there and play a terrible dps all day, then complain about something on forums cuz you're losing a lot.

There's reasons why we can carry up to 20 roles ffs.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Rogues aoe heal may show huge numbers under healing done tab, but it's close to useless for pvp and bigger raid.
    As someone who actually plays a sentinel cleric... this is simply not true.
    A bard healing means I can actually concentrate on healing the person that is focused and dont have to watch out for half my team slowly dying to splash damage/dots etc.

It is extremely useful to have a bard or warden on the team!
    Last edited by Balduran; 12-21-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    A bard healing means I can actually concentrate on healing the person that is focused and dont have to watch out for half my team slowly dying to splash damage/dots etc.

No one should be dieing from dots, if you are a Sentinel - no one Warden is bad to recommend for warfronts. If you have 15 -20 raid members together then yes but anything less they are better off running dps if they refuse to role a more suitable healing soul.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    The game is focused entirely around pocket healers now (more so than before when we had hybrids ect) and there's a huge S*itstorm brewing. When push comes to shove the devs won't budge and now we've got all the f2p fodder bleeding out into other games again because there's no way to pvp as a solo anymore without being total fodder.

2013 was Rift's last chance to break molds and instead they'd rather be stuck in their ways.
    Last edited by Wing man; 12-21-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post

As someone who actually plays bard and tactician in WF / CQ I can easily claim that he's not reuqired and far from game changing. They give some helpful stuff but I would take another cleric or mage healing instead of healing bard / tact any time.

Maybe when you play with your p90 friends against fresh 60 in freelancer then you can find bard or tact heals good, but in even situation is nothing that can't be replaced by another cleric. The only difference is that another clerics = another battle rez, while bard and tact cant rez for **** (this makes difference in CQ / open world pvp)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast