+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 401
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: DPS Clerics: You suck. Just stop. You ruin everything.

  1. #16
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I totaly disagree with what you are telling ...

    People can play what they want, instead of being more usefull in heal you have no rights to ask them : respec heal or die. I'm playing cleric D.D atm and decently, and EVERY ****ING TIME the one asking for heal is a total noob who can't do anything without a healbot stick to his ***. QQ all day long about how clerics sucks cause for him we are supposed to be heal in any circumstances.

    So i'm going to do the same thing than you : When i'm asking more support from rogue or mage, the only answer i have from them is : bard sucks ... Or : archon is a joke ...

    Now i kinda don't care if someone is asking for more heal, cause you are just like us ! You don't want to play a spec you don't really like.

    Let people play what they want or even better ! Roll a cleric ! You will probably be loved by total randoms and break your keyboard two days later cause : Heal total noobs is fun 2h, it's the amount of time you need to realise how shamefull it is to heal pvp players backpeding 90% of the time when they have someone in melee range with them.
    Last edited by Hyceria; 11-08-2013 at 02:26 PM.

  2. #17
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    From my experience, every dps cleric is worthless. If they went heals they would still be worthless. What this game needs is a vote kick option. Also most dps in general are incapable of hitting a healer. Doesn't make sense.

    Please trion, add a healer kill and damage tracker. Maybe if it's a separate number, you can track these bad dps

  3. #18
    Plane Touched Aleck0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i always just assume if a cleric is pulling crap dps he's probably not gonna be doing much as a sent or defiler either, so i don't worry about it much
    Yup. Kids think the green plus sign means auto-win. Those clerics who suck at DPS? Guess what. They suck at healing, too. They will not help you win the match.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

  4. #19
    Plane Touched Aleck0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyceria View Post
    I totaly disagree with what you are telling ...

    People can play what they want, instead of being more usefull in heal you have no rights to ask them : respec heal or die. I'm playing cleric D.D atm and decently, and EVERY ****ING TIME the one asking for heal is a total noob who can't do anything without a healbot stick to his ***. QQ all day long about how clerics sucks cause for him we are supposed to be heal in any circumstances.

    So i'm going to do the same thing than you : When i'm asking more support from rogue or mage, the only answer i have from them is : bard sucks ... Or : archon is a joke ...

    Now i kinda don't care if someone is asking for more heal, cause you are just like us ! You don't want to play a spec you don't really like.

    Let people play what they want or even better ! Roll a cleric ! You will probably be loved by total randoms and break your keyboard two days later cause : Heal total noobs is fun 2h, it's the amount of time you need to realise how shamefull it is to heal pvp players backpeding 90% of the time when they have someone in melee range with them.
    You shouldn't be PvPing if you're not willing to do what it takes to win.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

  5. #20
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    I don't even want to be a cleric, I'd rather still be on my rogue, but I got so tired of all the horrible healing I swapped...


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  6. #21
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    A person that sucks at dps will suck at healing. Either way they're just a useless meatshield for you. A warden spamming healing cataract/soothing stream on himself is no more useful than an inquisitor spamming bolts on tanks.


    "microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

  7. #22
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    You shouldn't be PvPing if you're not willing to do what it takes to win.
    Not really, i play for fun. That's the difference. I want to win when i'm playing in team, actually i'm playing with no brain who can't understand a thing of how to play a two buttons toon.

    When you are alone i don't care of what happens to the other. Loose or win it's the same thing when you are r90, you are just here for yourself and not for the others and that's the truth. Not the same thing when you are a 5 man premade.

  8. #23
    Rift Chaser Xnats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    323

    Default

    There are so many great threads about how to key board turn, jumping is queer and a Cleric with no shield is garbage! I'm seeing more and more of this and with the Myrmidon gear none the less. Knowing is half the battle and all this great knowledge they learned from these here forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DPS Clerics: You suck. Just stop. You ruin everything.-sheilding.jpg  
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

  9. #24
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    The op is the same person who /shouts racial slurs in warfronts when he gets killed.

    Op also same person who spam whispers people racial slurs when someone kills him in a warfront. Surprised he still has his account.

    Anyways Income post lock. I suggest op you adjust your attitude, you wont be on rift for long behaving the way you do in game and on the forums.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 11-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.

  10. #25
    Plane Touched Aleck0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyceria View Post
    Not really, i play for fun. That's the difference. I want to win when i'm playing in team, actually i'm playing with no brain who can't understand a thing of how to play a two buttons toon.

    When you are alone i don't care of what happens to the other. Loose or win it's the same thing when you are r90, you are just here for yourself and not for the others and that's the truth. Not the same thing when you are a 5 man premade.
    I don't follow your argument at all. I play to have fun as well. Winning is fun. Losing is not. I do what it takes to win unless it's painfully obvious that will not happen.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

  11. #26
    Telaran PyroKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    The op is the same person who /shouts racial slurs in warfronts when he gets killed.

    Op also same person who spam whispers people racial slurs when someone kills him in a warfront. Surprised he still has his account.

    Anyways Income post lock. I suggest op you adjust your attitude, you wont be on rift for long behaving the way you do in game and on the forums.
    I think you're mistaken..

    Also, this hasn't been locked because it's a decent discussion. If you have something to say to me my inbox is empty. Let's keep it on topic shall we?

  12. #27
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    There are so many great threads about how to key board turn, jumping is queer and a Cleric with no shield is garbage! I'm seeing more and more of this and with the Myrmidon gear none the less. Knowing is half the battle and all this great knowledge they learned from these here forums
    not sure if troll, but just going to add, a shield doesn't reduce the elemental damage you take. Unless a bladedancer or WL or paragon are hitting you I don't really see the point of a shield?


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  13. #28
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    There are so many great threads about how to key board turn, jumping is queer and a Cleric with no shield is garbage! I'm seeing more and more of this and with the Myrmidon gear none the less. Knowing is half the battle and all this great knowledge they learned from these here forums
    A cleric in a non-Justicar spec with a shield is garbage.

  14. #29
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroKiller View Post
    I was agreeing with up until the end when you said "You'll have more chance of affecting the game if you ignore him and go DPS". How do you figure? Just because some ****ty DPS isn't doing well, you're gonna basically throw the game by not using your class as intended just because he can't do HIS job? There will always be enough rogues and mages to DPS.
    Your opinion of healer effectiveness is way too high. This is common, especially among newer players used to low-competence warfronts (such as most pre-60 warfronts). It goes hand-in-hand with the opinion that teams with six or seven healers are immortal and unbeatable unless your team also has six or seven healers. So every team should aim to have lots of healers.

    These opinions won't survive L60 warfronts for very long. At least not if you've got some awareness and read the scoreboards from time to time. You'll see a team where half the players are healers get absolutely rolled, sometimes shut out, by a team with one or two healers. Or you'll be getting owned and feel like your team is getting outhealed, only to open the scoreboard and see you've got three of the top four healers . . . but the opponent has eight of the top ten damage.

    Healers are a force multiplier. If there's no force, there's nothing to multiply.

    Games where hardly anyone dies and one team just does the objectives while outhealing all damage are not proof that healers decide games. They are proof you are in a low-competence match.
    Last edited by Stay; 11-08-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

  15. #30
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    I don't follow your argument at all. I play to have fun as well. Winning is fun. Losing is not. I do what it takes to win unless it's painfully obvious that will not happen.
    "Playing the hand you're dealt" is fun for a lot of people, including me. The fun is doing the best you can with what you got and sometimes that means that, yes, you're going to lose due to bad team composition. To the other people on the team, switching a dps cleric to heals is like switching out that 8 you were dealt for an ace. To that dps cleric that doesn't heal it's like being chained to a railroad with an oncoming train, to switch metaphors.

    To the OP... it's hard to take somebody that enthusiastically starts threads on the benefits of guardian phase seriously.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts