+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2.5 pvp Warriors

Default 2.5 pvp Warriors

In general your better warriors are not happy with this patch whatsoever.
    You ruined the little fun we had with some semi-decent specs "even though we were behinds every other calling"
    And turned us into 10 seconds god mode followed by 50 seconds of utter uselessness.
    I recomend reversing this entire patch for warriors.
    Even going back to gimped is better than this trash.
    I know i wont be loging back on untill somthing is done about this.
    ~Harming

reroll shammy or NB to be warrior again.
    Enjoycheapbeer P80 rogue

In not re-rolling and loosing all my progress If I was a fresh 60 shure. But I'd rather quit then grind another toon to p90 and do all the gearing gain. Let alone the $ pumped into this one toon. If Trion doesn't fix this I'm simply leaving.
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 11-08-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    In not re-rolling and loosing all my progress If I was a fresh 60 shure. But I'd rather quit then grind another toon to p90 and do all the gearing gain. Let alone the $ pumped into this one toon. If Trion doesn't fix this I'm simply leaving.
    +1
    I completely agree.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tuhka View Post
    reroll shammy or NB to be warrior again.
    So on a consructive note, what is it about shaman and nightblade that makes them proper warriors?

And how can actual warriors be changed to copy that?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    So on a consructive note, what is it about shaman and nightblade that makes them proper warriors?

And how can actual warriors be changed to copy that?
    More effective damage outside of their cooldown cycles?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    More effective damage outside of their cooldown cycles?
    So the sustained damage we had before 2.5? Or back to the 2.4 sustained damage style with a bit more actual DPS and some more utility to deliver it?

Quit whining you suck.
    seriously
    <Dalgrimar> Warrior - Guild: All or Nothing - Server: Necropolis

Check me out on TwitchTv <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dalgrimar View Post
    Quit whining you suck.
    seriously
    I would humiliate you in any setting in any PVp scenario in any game listed with true warrior spec.
    Just beacuse you love Trion prtien shakes doesn't change the state of warriors right now.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    So the sustained damage we had before 2.5? Or back to the 2.4 sustained damage style with a bit more actual DPS and some more utility to deliver it?
    Honestly I'm not 100% sure as I don't actually play a warrior, but (ignoring tempest which definitely needed a massive overhaul for pve and pvp) it feels like simply adding pvp related gift bonuses, which they tried to do with the charging buffs, to most melee souls would have gone a long way.

I don't think making every warrior dps soul a one hit wonder was the way to go for pve or pvp.

Consistent damage with the ability to spike every 15-30s is a better situation than tickling until you one shot someone once a minute.

Pretty terrible changes so far, I really hope more work is done. I had more fun 2.4 which had little to no hybrids. Honestly, I want tempest gone, kill the passive damage nerf on tank souls, bring back mana drains and MAKE MELEE VIABLE. This was brought up in another thread, the issue is that our tank souls are pointless and thus, in order to be effective we must roll full dps and we are forced to fight like mages. Bring back the effectiveness of tank souls, by allowing the .5% damage per tank soul point spent and tanky builds should become more viable. Plus they need to make taunts work in pvp.

2.5 so far, makes me wish i had waited to resub, its not a good update, pvp wise. I'm tired of being nice and patient. I'm to the point that I am just going to be brutally honest, kill tempest, fix paragon, and bring back the hybridization that was around pre storm legion. Otherwise, I'll move on, and I'm sure more will leave aswell.

Tbh in beta I started this game as a warrior, soon I realized Trion's idea about warriors is different from mine. So I started a rogue as BD / NB player. In SL I rerolled a cleric to pew pew as a shaman. Best ever. Shaman is the old school warrior I always wanted to see, next comes BD and NB,
    Enjoycheapbeer P80 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by tuhka View Post
    Tbh in beta I started this game as a warrior, soon I realized Trion's idea about warriors is different from mine. So I started a rogue as BD / NB player. In SL I rerolled a cleric to pew pew as a shaman. Best ever. Shaman is the old school warrior I always wanted to see, next comes BD and NB,
    Thing I fear is when people say things like they like how Shaman or Rogue specs feel more like a warrior should, they start changing warriors to be more like them. I want warriors to stand out, on its own. I don't want a warrior that feels like a rogue or a cleric or a mage, I want a brezerking hulk of armor cleaving heads off with large weapons. I want my foes to quake with fear once i get in melee range, not bunny hop away LOLing and easily out healing or out dpsing me in a range spec yet in melee.

This whole game is a** backwards and I'm not sure if Trion has what it takes to really fix the issues.

Ascendant

Edit timer sucks:

Based on what I had seen and experienced in 2.4, and pvp commentary from a warrior I queued with pretty frequently, it sounded like adding 10-15% pvp damage dealt and 7-10% reduced pvp damage taken to the gifts for the two glass cannon melee souls would have put them near a sweet spot.

Providing defensive cooldowns also would have been nice.

The 2.5 versions sound even more cannony with a long reload time.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Edit timer sucks:

Based on what I had seen and experienced in 2.4, and pvp commentary from a warrior I queued with pretty frequently, it sounded like adding 10-15% pvp damage dealt and 7-10% reduced pvp damage taken to the gifts for the two glass cannon melee souls would have put them near a sweet spot.

Providing defensive cooldowns also would have been nice.

The 2.5 versions sound even more cannony with a long reload time.
    Honestly, we need to stop putting so much investment in DPS souls. Now we have dps souls with healing, survivability, utility and insane burst. This is a huge problem, just fix the tank souls and remove some of the things from the dps souls. It should be, if you want to hit stupid hard, go full dps, but you will not do much else, if you want utility and survivabilty then add some tank points into your build. Right now, everyone expects dps souls to have it all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast