+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: It's time to increase the PvP penalties for damage & healing.

Default It's time to increase the PvP penalties for damage & healing.

There's a new gear tier with new stats and new PA tiers with new stats. There will be new CQ gear soon too. More importantly, the soul buffing merry-go-round has given us two or three generations of newly buffed souls, each more powerful than the previous most powerful soul.

It's time.

Suggestion:
    PvP healing reduction: 55% -> 65%
    PvP damage reduction: 77.5% -> 82.5%
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

The crazy thing is, the HP pools have gone up too.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I was asking people to inspect me last night to confirm I was indeed wearing my PvP gear

Seriously though TTK seems too low.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

Am I the only one who thinks all lvl 50+ gear needs to be tuned back down to prevent inflation and the insanity that is becoming gear disparity? I mean we have bolstering now for goodness sake. That shouldn't even be necessary... It just seems easier to start from there than to tune the PVP damage / healing effects.
    Last edited by Ranik; 11-08-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Ascendant

A 20%+ nerf to damage and healing sounds a bit high.

Although since you are nerfing both at the same time it's not as bad.

My concern would be how long stalemates last with the change, as it can already be very difficult to clear a group off a flag long enough to interact with it.

+ 1 ttk is a jokefest again. both healing and dps need reduction

trion should get all 4 souls in full dps specs and test burst and burn times. if its less than 10 secs you have a problem. also take 2 full dps and have them beat on a healer if they can't bring that healer down in less than a minute you have a healing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    + 1 ttk is a jokefest again. both healing and dps need reduction

trion should get all 4 souls in full dps specs and test burst and burn times. if its less than 10 secs you have a problem. also take 2 full dps and have them beat on a healer if they can't bring that healer down in less than a minute you have a healing problem.
    Here we go again. What is up with you and healer hate?

Do you need some healing love?

I'm telling you healers are fine right now, if you could take them down that fast, you might as well not even have healer souls and give heals to everyone. Oh wait, GW2 already does that.
    Last edited by mongolianmisfit; 11-08-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

Quote Originally Posted by mongolianmisfit View Post

I'm telling you healers are fine right now, if you could take them down that fast, you might as well not even have healer souls and give heals to everyone. Oh wait, GW2 already does that.
    He just doesn't need our help obviously.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

what? if you nerf dps you have to nerf healing bud. 1 min of being focused by two full dps is about what a healer should last. you back to thinking you should be god in the wf?

Mei

Cleric heals are way too bursty now, just like DPS is too bursty. People with 25k+ HP are going from 10% to 85% in a GCD, and that should never happen.
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    He just doesn't need our help obviously.
    no i dont need your warden heals

Plane Walker

And you would be completely wrong. Healers in PVP are often nigh unkillable unless focused by at least 2+ people. And in many situations with multiple healers gigantic stalemates are constant.

Try actually PVPing as something other than a healer and see how entire matches are often determined by 2-3 healers rather than the entire team.

Seriously, fighting a healer as DPS is either accomplishing nothing or losing very very slowly. At your very best you can still not actually win most of the time without 2 more people helping.
    Last edited by Ranik; 11-08-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Ascendant

If one healer without outside assistance can hold off 2 dps for an entire minute, the system is fundamentally flawed. If he's got a friend helping him out, sure that's fine.

Mathematically, the system can't work if one team of 15 people has an "extra player or two" because healers are worth twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Cleric heals are way too bursty now, just like DPS is too bursty. People with 25k+ HP are going from 10% to 85% in a GCD, and that should never happen.
    Yeah in an uncontrolled environment.

You have balanced teams on both sides and then it takes coordination and effort.

@dday: No, I do not want to be a healing God. I am far from it, but I think a lot of people are confusing survivability with skill. So just because some individuals out there play their classes and or a specific soul to its best potential means make changes for everyone else?

I am all for bringing equality in a game. Hell I wish everyone had the same stats/gear to be honest, but that just wont happen. I don't think what you are asking for is going to solve the "problem" though.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    If one healer without outside assistance can hold off 2 dps for an entire minute, the system is fundamentally flawed. If he's got a friend helping him out, sure that's fine.

Mathematically, the system can't work if one team of 15 people has an "extra player or two" because healers are worth twice as much.
    See every single fight for a flag where it takes 3 people to actually kill that one healer disrupting a recovery.

See every single shard carry where you are trying to focus down the carrier and he is chain healed to be essentially invulnerable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast