+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: To the other Assassins: Does anybody else do this with Guardian Phase?

Default To the other Assassins: Does anybody else do this with Guardian Phase?

I play primarily 61 sin, with 13 rs and 2 mm. Everyone knows that you don't use guardian phase because of the humongous damage loss, I've always felt that it was a waste to not be able to use such a strong defensive ability especially when sins can use as much defense as they can get, but I recently discovered that you can make a macro that will turn guardian phase on and off using the same key.

The benefit would be in situations where you are trying to stay alive long enough to run away, wait for slip to come back up, kite back to healer etc. I see it as having a defensive boost that gives me a 5% endurance boost as well as a 20% resistances boost with no gcd whenever I need a little extra to stay alive. Not to mention the 100% armor boost, but I'm told that doesn't really matter in pvp.

#show Guardian Phase
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Guardian Phase
    cancelbuff Guardian Phase

Just tap it once to turn it on, and tap it twice (not too quickly) to turn it back off.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PyroKiller View Post
    I play primarily 61 sin, with 13 rs and 2 mm. Everyone knows that you don't use guardian phase because of the humongous damage loss, I've always felt that it was a waste to not be able to use such a strong defensive ability especially when sins can use as much defense as they can get, but I recently discovered that you can make a macro that will turn guardian phase on and off using the same key.

The benefit would be in situations where you are trying to stay alive long enough to run away, wait for slip to come back up, kite back to healer etc. I see it as having a defensive boost that gives me a 5% endurance boost as well as a 20% resistances boost with no gcd whenever I need a little extra to stay alive. Not to mention the 100% armor boost, but I'm told that doesn't really matter in pvp.

#show Guardian Phase
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Guardian Phase

Just tap it once to turn it on, and tap it twice (not too quickly) to turn it back off.
    No because RS as a sub soul for 61 sin is terrible.
    So are those 51 sin and 21 rs running teleporting around doing very low dmg.

The purpose of sin is to burn people down quick and put major pressure on healers. RS has no place for any sin builds. Even sin/rs is terrible for 1v1s ect.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 11-06-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    No because RS as a sub soul for 61 sin is terrible.
    get a load of this guy
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

UPDATE:

I found that it is simpler to just always keep guardian phase up and simply add:

to the very beginning of your main attack macro, this will allow you to always keep your defenses up but will cancel the buff as soon as you start attacking. The only drawback are the chat messages that spam from the cancelbuff macro, but I don't have system messages displaying in my normal chat windows so it doesn't bother me.

Also cancelling the buff doesn't waste any gcd.

Ascendant

Para and warlord are pretty popular now i hear, which means armor actually does matter again somewhat (if you also include MM and Sin in the mix)

Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotyoke View Post
    Don't mean to burst your bubbles but sin/rs is actually one of the best dueling specs in the game. Only thing that's better is cdom and charb. This is speaking before the patch today ofc, as I haven't played since and I'm sure theres some amazing, new warrior specs
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ best rogue spec WF and duels. Not sure what spec this other guy was running

Rift Disciple

One tip: never ever try to combine GP in DPS build.

61 Sin/ 11 RS/ 4 Tact is your friend.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 11-07-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Only time I use guardian phase is when I'm holding a stone or jar and trying to survive a little longer while getting dogpiled. It cripples both outgoing damage and self-healing, so once I turn it on I focus on LOS, kiting, and standing right next to a healer.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    The purpose of sin is to burn people down quick and put major pressure on healers. RS has no place for any sin builds. Even sin/rs is terrible for 1v1s ect.
    Uh, that'd be incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    Only time I use guardian phase is when I'm holding a stone or jar and trying to survive a little longer while getting dogpiled. It cripples both outgoing damage and self-healing, so once I turn it on I focus on LOS, kiting, and standing right next to a healer.
    I'm not doing much self-healing though, and generally by the time I would be using GP i would've already used brew.

+ Reply to Thread