+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Match Making

Default Match Making

lol, the few matches i don't get kicked out of have been faceroll win or lose. im hoping it's broken ?
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 11-06-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    lol, the few matches i don't get kicked out of have been faceroll win or lose. im hoping it's broken ?
    It's been almost 6 hours since you posted that. I'm curious how it seems to be going in warfronts, but I had an old man medical issue and temporarily lost 100% feeling and mobility of my entire right arm for about 10 minutes earlier today so I figured I'd take a break for a day or so and see how it goes. I blame it on having been pulled so often yesterday, haha, it's a killer. At least I made it to PR70 regardless. But I'm wondering if the increased ability of groups of any size, that the patch touts, to get faster queues might be totally messing up the intent of the new match making algorithm and cause more pug farming than was possible before, making matches even more uneven now. On PTS the match making, when it was on, seemed to work pretty good. But I dunno, never got my title for participating on PTS either (not that I'd display it on a live toon), so what's new in the expectations department! It's kind of like seeing servers all at High when they're offline, lol, I don't know what to believe anymore.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

I only had time for a couple of w/f's before having to go to work, but I found it to be a pleasant change. Won one and lost the other but they were both competitive. Saw some new faces for a change.

I suspect that if you are at the top of the food chain. Max PVP, Max Planar, etc not much will change. You either faceroll or are facerolled. There is no where to go.

Personally, I love it. Apparently the match-making system wants to make me look like an All-Star as it keeps putting me with people whose gear is similar to mine. Haven't seen a full-Myrmidon in a while outside of CQ. Feels almost dirty. I'll take a 26-0 match or two in BG, why not...

I only did 5 wfs yesterday and the first one i had nosia and aienn and myself . the rest were terrible while the other team was stacked.

i did 3 duo ques with nuku. i was the only healer. both sides were stacked with people that i had never seen before. couldnt even carry my team because no one could help heal even though we had dps clerics and mages and the other team had 4 healers. matchmaking lul.
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Observed numerous matches where one team absolutely dominated the other team, than some matches where there was a decent fight or two. Much of the time, I felt as if the new stuff was either left off intentionally... or was actually turned on and off at will, with causing warfront's to get the residue lop-sidedness to it.

As it stands right now, I have no true comment to weigh in on as it's still too small of a scope to get an idea of what's really going on.
    --BC

That sounds interesting then! I haven't played yet since the update, just did the update and collected my patron stuff - got surprised from receiving 55 total loyalty points (so close to red loyalty now!) The two days before the patch were pure murder on me, nothing much but well organized opponents (generally coming in all at once well into the match) vs not so well organized but not bad either on my side. And that included every single merc too. Then yesterday in particular wasn't so good in CQ, I was tempted to leave and re-enter as a private by invitation only solo and just mooch, lol (but I didn't). I did finally have to leave, though. Man, I must have been pulled 100 times in CQ! And 200 times in warfronts! And nothing I could do about it either. My blood pressure went SKY high, lol. Really annoyed me, I want a possible recourse for every action not a guaranteed death with no possibility of escape - long as I do things right. grrr!

So I take it the premade groups might indeed be getting faster queues now (and I hope they are) but not impacting the pug matches that much now? Man, that would be great for everyone!

I've got two randoms to do in the queue now, and can go 1 more day before my CQP starts decaying, so I'll probably succumb to temptation and give it a try.

Haven't seen any fresh QQ about it, so it is tempting!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    It's been almost 6 hours since you posted that. I'm curious how it seems to be going in warfronts, but I had an old man medical issue and temporarily lost 100% feeling and mobility of my entire right arm for about 10 minutes earlier today so I figured I'd take a break for a day or so and see how it goes. I blame it on having been pulled so often yesterday, haha, it's a killer. At least I made it to PR70 regardless. But I'm wondering if the increased ability of groups of any size, that the patch touts, to get faster queues might be totally messing up the intent of the new match making algorithm and cause more pug farming than was possible before, making matches even more uneven now. On PTS the match making, when it was on, seemed to work pretty good. But I dunno, never got my title for participating on PTS either (not that I'd display it on a live toon), so what's new in the expectations department! It's kind of like seeing servers all at High when they're offline, lol, I don't know what to believe anymore.
    I logged shortly after due to dcs so ill have to try again tonight

I don't know what is the problem but I am facing the same players who definitely premade and have high elo alot more often now. If my elo is 40% and theirs is 80% and I have the best elo rating out of all the players online at the moment.. lets say the average is around 20%-30%. I get pick out and placed to face plays with 80% win rating because they play together regardless if I solo or duo. This feels stupid.

Plane Touched

Not sure if it's just coincidence but today 6 out of 10 games that I played I was a merc. Cannot say that I am much happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Crios View Post
    Not sure if it's just coincidence but today 6 out of 10 games that I played I was a merc. Cannot say that I am much happy about it.
    it's red vs blue now isn't it? seriously if people complain about being merc'd over having a good match i might lose my mind

sprawl way to start another thread with no experience just to stir up qq. i got to give it to you, when it comes to forum pvp you might be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    it's red vs blue now isn't it? seriously if people complain about being merc'd over having a good match i might lose my mind

sprawl way to start another thread with no experience just to stir up qq. i got to give it to you, when it comes to forum pvp you might be the best.
    Another post about that, seems like someone's got the fanboy syndrome. So I'll have to point out I didn't know you swing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    Another post about that, seems like someone's got the fanboy syndrome. So I'll have to point out I didn't know you swing that way.
    id compare it more to Wes Mantooth and Ron Burgandy. I hate everything about sprawl and how he acts but the man has a nack for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post

It is stacking premades vs. everyone else. They are only putting good players together or something.. I am facing double stacked premades on one team .. already 5 games.. and I solo queue... it is horrible to play now.. I use to have chance to win now it rarely happens.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 11-07-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Ascendant

will never understand why they dont just make 2 queues one pug/solo one premade. done. transparent and people know what they up against ...

but i guess i just have no clue but the devs have it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast